LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Help Understanding A College Essay Prompt?

What's hard to understand about that? Can you clarify the question you're asking here?

well, im just confused as to what the teacher wants... my life story? what are the ten paragraphs supposed to consist of? and what does everyone think is an appropriate length of the essay?

A paragraph is six sentences, or so I've been told. Ten paragraphs would make sixty sentences.

As for contents, well it's obvious it's supposed to be about you. What course is this for? Just write about your experience in the subject of the course. At least, that's what I would do.

Its for a "Language and Composition" class aka english. Im just struggling on what to write because all i have is this peice of paper, I dont even know who my teacher is!

what would everyone think would be an OK length (it says a MAX of 10 paragraphs)

I was thinking 8 would suffice, but id like to get other opinions as im not grading my own paper haha

The reason the teacher said "no more than 10 paragraphs" is that you presumably know a lot about who you are and what's important to you, have a lot to say on the subject, and she doesn't have all day to read it. So just write as many paragraphs as it takes to answer the question. If it gets to be more than ten, trim it. If it's less than ten, but you're satisfied with the answer--you're done.

The question she's asking is who are you. I don't know the answer, but you do--or at least you will, after you write the essay honestly. S/he doesn't want your life story, except to the extent that telling your life story is necessary to explaining you.

If it helps, I'll offer you some exercises to help you straighten out the question in your head. First, let's alter the sentence by one word: What are you? List the first five answers you think of, in the order you think of them--then write an essay about the list. That might be enough right there. If it's not, go to: What do you want? And why?

Trying to answer this question in a way that pleases your teacher is a total waste. There's no wrong answer. (Well, you can lie, but the only person who suffers from that is you.) The question you've been asked is a gift; writing this essay is a precious opportunity--take it, and learn about yourself.

A paragraph is six sentences, or so I've been told. Ten paragraphs would make sixty sentences.

As for contents, well it's obvious it's supposed to be about you. What course is this for? Just write about your experience in the subject of the course. At least, that's what I would do.

A paragraph can be longer or shorter. A paragraph continues as long as it follows the same thought. Once a thought has ended, a new paragraph starts.

So, like what I just did there. Did you see that?

Anyways, a thought can even be one sentence. It all depends on your perspective. If you try too hard to follow guidelines based on how long a paragraph should be, you'll most likely start breaking in the wrong spots.

Okay. That concludes my explanation on paragraphs.

Now, about the subject. It has to be about you in some shape or form; what you like, what you do, and so forth. I would feel that this doesn't have to be bland and straightforward. I say be a little creative, say who you FEEL you are. What you want to be or should be. Go into some abstract thoughts that might bring thoughts to the readers head. I enjoy making my readers think. It doesn't have to just be an autobiography. It can be a story or maybe an epic poem (i.e. Homer's The Iliad and/or The Odyssey). Writing prompts are guidelines. If what you listed are the only guidelines for this essay, then you still have quite a bit of freedom. Have fun with it!

wow everybody, thank you, Enfant, you offered some amazing advice, this will make my essay much easier to write :) I guess once i get the essay started it should be pretty easy going. I just want to impress (or at least not disappoint lol) my teacher who will receive my essay the first day of class.

Homework before classes begin? What is this world coming to?

I remember knowing ahead of time that we were in need of a bug collection for seventh grade, but that's because the bugs are out in the summer. The teacher was being nice to us.

Homework before classes begin? What is this world coming to?

I remember knowing ahead of time that we were in need of a bug collection for seventh grade, but that's because the bugs are out in the summer. The teacher was being nice to us.

ya school sucks these days. I had one teacher last year who ill have again this year, who wanted us to come to class a full week early for 4 hours a day so we can "get back into the groove" and get a head start. he even planned on calling our homes to make us go. havent heard from him yet :) not like id go anyways haha

You are going to fail us! We are doomed!!! :crybaby:

ok well heres the prompt, tell me what you think

Who are you? Write an essay. This isn’t just your typical “introduction to the teacher” stuff. How do you define yourself? Who are you? What is important to you in life? Past, present, future. Length—No more than 10 paragraphs. Not a lot to explain your entire life, if you think about it. Be ready to turn it in on the first day of class.