LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

A Caring Doctor's Touch

I love my doctor. He's a very caring doctor. His practice is full of caring nurse practitioners. Mine is Gigi, and I really like her. She's about ten years younger than me, little, full of energy, and not at all put out by adults who wear diapers. She knows I'm allergic to disposables and if I ever go into the hospital (happens more often than I'd like) she makes sure they understand that and let me keep my cloth diapers on.

I had to go through the whole physical thing recently. Colonoscopy, treadmill (six minutes of strenuous work in diapers), the cough, cough test, and more. My doctor did the colon thingy, and Gigi did all the rest. During the whole ordeal I was treated with respect. Some of my friends tell me horror stories and I read them in here.

My doctor is really careful about patient rights. Hope yours is the same.

My doctor is really careful about patient rights. Hope yours is the same.

Turtlepins,

It's fantastic to hear your celebration of when medical practitioners do a good job. Too few people are willing to come out as you have to talk about their positive experiences with their physicians. The public (AB/DL lifestyle aside) is often quick and vicious with their criticism and stingy with their praise. It's excellent to hear your point of view.

Doctors voluntarily undertake a difficult lifestyle of stewardship and public service. Physicians undergo four years of college/university education to earn a bachelor's degree, then compete for the opportunity to attend four years of intense and rigorous training in medical school (during which time they acquire another four years of post-secondary educational debt, often totaling to over $200k (4 years of medical school on top of 4 years of undergraduate education)) during which they are studying and working so hard they cannot maintain an outside job, endure the stresses of competing for residencies during which they often work 80+ hours/week for $30,000-$40,000/year, which is barely enough to keep their student loans at bay, and 10-13 years of post-secondary education can begin to earn a salary that will start applying against their principal of their student loans (instead of barely keeping the interest at bay. However, they've truly lived as a poor student for their entire (stressful) educational career, and begin actually earning enough money to no longer have roommates in their late twenties/early thirties. It isn't their mid thirties/early forties they've paid off their student loans, work in a heavily regualated sector, doing their absolute utmost to provide a high level of health care in a world where over one third of all monies invested in "health care" is given to lawyers. Doctors have a reputation for making a lot of money, but the public tends to forget the extreme costs invested to become one. Additionally, the public tends to forget the amazing work they do, healing others, and is far too quick to crucify a physician for any mistake they've ever made, or worse yet, results unrelated to the scope of their care. Physicians are good people. I've read plenty of posts from individuals who get some kind of pleasure wearing diapers to their doctors offices to get a reaction, and I have to say I find that extremely lame. These are individuals who work long hours, have a backlog of patients who require medical attention, and are doing their best to provide accurate and scientifically based medical advice for you. It's nice to read a post from someone who respects their physician (and staff's) time. You set a good example. Thanks for sharing.

--Lex

There was an article in my newspaper either yesterday or the day before(I think I can find the article if anyone would like to read it.). A jury awarded some family 12 million dollars because Tampa General Hospital supposedly didn't have the right staff on hand to treat their premature baby's infection and their baby died. I'm sorry, but I find that to be very wrong on so many levels. The doctors did the absolute best they could. That is just my opinion. Now, back to doctors in general. My doctor is very nice and has always treated me with respect. My doctors practice is also full of very caring nurses that don't have any problem with a guy in diapers.