LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Need Vs Enjoyment?

I'd been thinking about something for a few days, and finally formulated it into words (I sometimes take time to think things through :) ). My partner knows that I wear diapers occasionaly. She's definitely not into diapers, and I have not been telling her when I do wear them, as she's told me in the past she thinks it's dirty and makes her feel uncomfortable.

A few weeks ago, my partner walked in on me while I was putting on a diaper. She did a double take, and I give her kudos for not freaking out. She then asked me if I "needed" them that day and I said yes. She walked away shaking her head saying that I was "fucked in the head". She didn't say it as an insult, more like she was a little boggled, but like you'd say a friendly "yer nuts" thing.

Yet, it bothered me. Still does. Yeah, perhaps I *am* fucked in the head, but...

And there's this question of "need". Why can't I wear diapers just because it feels good? Why do I *need* (emotionally) to have to wear them before it becomes acceptable?

Not expecting answers, just needed to vent :) Thanks for your collective ear :)

Perhaps she was implying something different than "need" in emotional terms. Sometimes another person will say "do you really need to do that right now?" if you're doing something that they find irritating. What they're really saying is "you DON'T need to do that irritating thing right now in my presence and I want you to stop". Quite a different thing from someone in a concerned voice saying "honey are you stressed? Do you need to wear that diaper to feel better?" She may have been saying, in a roundabout way, that she would rather you not wear that diaper while she's around.

I don't know the context in which she said those words to you, so I may be completely wrong. It was just a thought, though ... :)

Thanks for the response pipsqueak. You're right, it could have been a case of "not now" rather than the "are you stressed" approach. In context, it's pretty clear that it was a case of the later rather than former. It follows several discussions surrounding the "need to diaper to feel better" concept (either about diapers, or crossdressing, or wheelchair...).

• 2 weeks later...

I look at it this way... and I'll use my mom bitching about my pacifier as an example (unfortunately, diapers are a luxury I can not afford right now).

I was sitting in the living room, watching TV, me in the chair, her on the couch. Just quite, looking at the TV, not watching anything I wanted, I didn't bother asking for the remote, just sat and watched... with my bacifier in my mouth.

Suddenly, my mom turns to me and yells "Do you have to have that ****ing thing in your mouth?!", and my reply was a binky mumbled "Yes, yes I do"

To me, this is the same as I "need" to wear the colors I selected for my outfit, and I "need" to wear certain jewlery. These are all things I "need" to be who I am. Loosing any of them reduces how much of me I am.

Anything we do that has no impact on others (including animals!), should not have an effect.

Ok, starting to get off topic, so stop reading if you wish.

So, my mom was watching TV before I got to the living room. Was still watching the same TV the same way when I sat down. I put my pacifier in my mouth and BOOM, world falls apart. I don't understand why! Just like I don't even notice when alphabatizes her CDs, or goes to her bedroom to read a book, why should my pacifier cause any trouble.

People are f***ing crazy! Like my sis apologized to me for darting through the living room without pants. Why should I care?

I get constant complaints that I play video games for hours on end. OK, understandable when I forget that it's getting late and the complaint is the explosions comming from my room, but beyond that, what does it matter?! (By the way, nothing like a nice video game, memory cards to save, a bottle of Kool-Aid, and a nice diaper to really beat the hell out of some dude online)

MAN, WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?! :screwy:

To give you an idea of how messed up my mom is, she kept compairing my pacifier to a dildo. Umm... hmmm, sex toy VS comfort object? That's messed up. Ok, so maybe she didn't know the difference, but I've told her 100s of times, my pacifier is NOT for sex. In fact, I have to stop in the middle of gewtting intamite if I've forgotten to put it away... it ruins the moment.

My pacifier is just that, something that pacifies me.

Just my thought... but try comparing something your mom uses, that you don't (try, oh, say, makeup or pantyhose or some such) to a dildo. Point out the flaws of the analogy. Women wear makeup to feel a particular way and present themselves in a particular way. (Well, some men do to.) Your pacifier serves a similar, albeit more private, function for you.

I know it's just me (well anyone that likes diapers), but I'd only have complementary things to say about a woman I saw in public who was wearing diapers... unfortunately the only one I've ever spotted happened to be at least into her 70s, and that didn't seem quite right.