LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Sewing Cloth Training Pants

Could anyone give some good advice about how to make your own cloth training pants? I was looking for patterns or what measurements I should get to create my own pattern. After looking at various websites, I came to the conclusion that it would be cheaper and more custom if I could make my own. Any advice would be great, and once I get the hang of it, I'll share the knowledge that I learned from making them. One website in particular is asking 75$ plus s&H for one pair of training pants. This is why I would like to make my own and possibly sell them for half the cost.

Right now we just purchased some cloth diapers that i will be making my own pattern off of... as far as training pants havent done any but my best suggestion would be to get thicker more absorbant diaper type material and just adjust a basic underware pattern to what you want. The biggest benefit for us as far as making them ourselfs is so we can adjust to exactly what we want and what our purpose for paticalar pair of diapers/pants is for. I havent actually started making ours yet going to be workin on them the next 2 weeks or so... but yes i agree alot of this stuff is so very very expensive. Which is a big reason i completly understand the want to make them. Sorry i cant be more help.

Only other suggestion would be to look up baby diapers and mats for them...that is what i have been doing and will be ordering my mats from a few of the better known sites so ours are exactly what we want.

Wish you best of luck but for most part think everyone has to some how come up with own pattern. So either buy 1 already done or just try to come up with something off a simialr underware pattern is all i can think of. Wish you best of luck in trying to get your stuff done. Feel free to PM me if any other way i can attempt to help

This is why I would like to make my own and possibly sell them for half the cost.

Now that's the Spirit, Selling something you made for half the cost of what it cost to make...Silly Just plain silly! I knew what you meant to say. Anyway there are quite a few producers of training pants out there that are already half the cost or less of what you mentioned. Hopefully you have a industrial sewing machine, going through that many layers tends to bust quite a few needles...anyway...

Personally I would backwards engineer them. From a pair of toddler ones, a seam ripper would be your best friend that way you could get a idea of the soaker panel pattern and sewing guide. Then adjusting the overall length and width to adult sizes. I also would use a cheaper material for the testing phase till you had the size right.

Or.

Try searching Ebay I got mine off there, for about 20 bucks. I believe it was Elegant fashions store (seller). They even come in Colors. Best of luck!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest plastic.pants

Now that's the Spirit, Selling something you made for half the cost of what it cost to make...Silly Just plain silly! I knew what you meant to say. Anyway there are quite a few producers of training pants out there that are already half the cost or less of what you mentioned. Hopefully you have a industrial sewing machine, going through that many layers tends to bust quite a few needles...anyway...

Personally I would backwards engineer them. From a pair of toddler ones, a seam ripper would be your best friend that way you could get a idea of the soaker panel pattern and sewing guide. Then adjusting the overall length and width to adult sizes. I also would use a cheaper material for the testing phase till you had the size right.

Or.

Try searching Ebay I got mine off there, for about 20 bucks. I believe it was Elegant fashions store (seller). They even come in Colors. Best of luck!

I made a pair the other day out of a thick bath towl, by using a old pair of plastic pants cut dow the side seems and lay them flat on the towl. Then draw round the pants, giving yourself a inch extra around the legs so youcan turn them over and sew them up and that leaves you a space to thread the elastic through.

Put the elastic through before you sew the side seems up. Then do the same for the waist band, remenber to leave an opening so you can thread the elastic.

I made them in under an hour.