LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How Can I Give Up This Fetish ?

Brad, I think you missed the point a bit. I think what was intended was to say that except in the case of a clinical fetish (where you physically CANNOT achieve orgasm without the presence of the item in question) the psychological community will not do anything to attempt to remove the fetish. It does not cause any harm, physically or emotionally, thus it can be overcome if one desires to. Where the comparison comes to sex offenders was that whatever they are fixated on definitely DOES cause harm to others or to self, so there is a set style of therapy used to attempt to break their fixation.

A clinical fetish does cross the barrier of harm, because most pshrinks consider the maiming of one's sexual life to be a major self-inflicted harm (thank you, Freud!). I dont know if the therapy would be the same as those given to sex offenders, but it would probably follow a similar course to allow the individual to live a "normal" sexual life again. I think this is what SDB was trying to say, not that those of us who wear diapers are directly comparable to sex offenders!

I think what you're trying to say is that sexual compulsions are treated one way, whilst chemical compulsions are treated another.

FWIW (not much generally), with enough discipline you can manage a chemical compulsion. Although I hear meth addiction is nearly 95% fatal. Anyhow, I'm in the camp that says you can't ever 'cure' any compulsion. They've been trying for centuries, ask gay people.

That doesn't mean you don't have a choice (actually I don't believe in choice either), but any way you look at it, it's possible to 'manage' the so called problem.

I hate to break it to you, but you're never going to be 'normal', and you're never going to be able to forget this and just move on. You have to deal with it every day. You're going to have to find creative ways to get around societal bias, and your future partners reactions. You may never have a marriage that works, and you may never have a girlfriend who truly accepts you. Doesn't mean you shouldn't either keep looking, or just change the 'normal' relationship dynamic.

What this means to each individual is different. I can only urge you to not panic, take your time, and you will figure it out.

Why fight it ?

I tried to give them up, and could not resist that Nappy/Diaper pull that they seem to exert on one ! :o

So I finally said "sod it" and gave in many years ago now. :angry2:

Now, many years on from that time I now have to use whether or not I want to and it has made the "having to" part very easy, even pleasant for me being 24/7 !

Bottom line is why fight the inevitable as like the vast majority here you will always come back to it !

Why fight it ?

I tried to give them up, and could not resist that Nappy/Diaper pull that they seem to exert on one ! :o

So I finally said "sod it" and gave in many years ago now. :angry2:

Now, many years on from that time I now have to use whether or not I want to and it has made the "having to" part very easy, even pleasant for me being 24/7 !

Bottom line is why fight the inevitable as like the vast majority here you will always come back to it !

My sentiments, exactly, Loon! Sod it. Nothing to be angry about, however. It's part of you and to fight it is an uphill battle, at best. And, once the psychic "high ground" acheived, nappydom is almost assured a victory. Either bust a hasty retreat, or as they say (whomever "they" are), "If you can't beat 'em, join 'em."

Cuddles,

--heidilynn ;)