LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Drinking Enough To Soak An Abena X Plus

While the bulk is great, extra absorant diapers, especially the Abena X Plus take an inordinate amount of wetting to wet them completetly, which is the best. Just pouring water in does not cut it but drinking enough liquid can be quite a chore. What are other people's experience/thoughts with regards to:

1) Do you aim to fully wet your extra absorbent diapers?

2) Any tips for how to manage this comfortably on the intake side?

3) What in your experience produces the best pee smell? I notice quite a range depending what I have eaten. Protein content makes it too strong. Straight water makes it too weak, and I think drinking that much straight water can be dangerous for your health. Apple juice is a nice effect.

While the bulk is great, extra absorant diapers, especially the Abena X Plus take an inordinate amount of wetting to wet them completetly, which is the best. Just pouring water in does not cut it but drinking enough liquid can be quite a chore. What are other people's experience/thoughts with regards to:

1) Do you aim to fully wet your extra absorbent diapers?

2) Any tips for how to manage this comfortably on the intake side?

3) What in your experience produces the best pee smell? I notice quite a range depending what I have eaten. Protein content makes it too strong. Straight water makes it too weak, and I think drinking that much straight water can be dangerous for your health. Apple juice is a nice effect.

1) Depends on the situation, I mean when I'm at home, and relaxed in my diapers I love to get them saturated to the brink ;)

but outside I don't wear the thick ones - for two reasons: mobility - a Tena Maxi or X-Plus makes walking, running, cycling for me a bit "awkward". second: such a diaper is really "showing off" and I'm not into showing off at all... I don't mind if someone may have a glimpse at my "normal" diapers... but I don't like to make it obvious.

2) Make the math: a healthy, grown up human should drink between 3 and 5 liters a day depending on a few factor...

so if your diaper's rated for 3 liters, well put one on in the morning, and DRINK enough... that should make you use the whole thing.

3) Smell... Get your acidity / base levels to a healthy point (regulate your diet), stay away from sodas like coke, drink mostly water and some isotonic beverages like gatorade, try not to take too much vitamin B (especially B12), as any excess will go directly to your urine making it ver yellow and quite smelly. Don't eat too much red meats... well that and lots of water should keep your urine's acidity to a minimum (PH Neutral) and colour should be quite "clear". Smell then will be rather minimal.

1) Depends on the situation, I mean when I'm at home, and relaxed in my diapers I love to get them saturated to the brink ;)

but outside I don't wear the thick ones - for two reasons: mobility - a Tena Maxi or X-Plus makes walking, running, cycling for me a bit "awkward". second: such a diaper is really "showing off" and I'm not into showing off at all... I don't mind if someone may have a glimpse at my "normal" diapers... but I don't like to make it obvious.

2) Make the math: a healthy, grown up human should drink between 3 and 5 liters a day depending on a few factor...

so if your diaper's rated for 3 liters, well put one on in the morning, and DRINK enough... that should make you use the whole thing.

3) Smell... Get your acidity / base levels to a healthy point (regulate your diet), stay away from sodas like coke, drink mostly water and some isotonic beverages like gatorade, try not to take too much vitamin B (especially B12), as any excess will go directly to your urine making it ver yellow and quite smelly. Don't eat too much red meats... well that and lots of water should keep your urine's acidity to a minimum (PH Neutral) and colour should be quite "clear". Smell then will be rather minimal.

Thanks for your helpful comments Eric. I would like to have the benefit of being able to wear and wet a diaper all day long but my circumstances are such that nights are the best time for me, which usually leaves me going to bed with a stomach sloshing to the brink to get the diaper saturated. However, maybe I will try a little more during the day and just ignore any knocks on the door, although this may entail a social cost that I try to keep this habit from resulting in. Although realistically I can count on one hand the actual times this would have been an issue in the last 10 years.

Thanks for your helpful comments Eric. I would like to have the benefit of being able to wear and wet a diaper all day long but my circumstances are such that nights are the best time for me, which usually leaves me going to bed with a stomach sloshing to the brink to get the diaper saturated. However, maybe I will try a little more during the day and just ignore any knocks on the door, although this may entail a social cost that I try to keep this habit from resulting in. Although realistically I can count on one hand the actual times this would have been an issue in the last 10 years.

physically (albeit it is a tad different for everyone) your body can "use" as much as 2 or 3 dl "at once"... if you drink more than that in a very short time your body will pass the reminder through the system and you'll have to pee more ...

what I've found to work, is to actually start a couple of hours before I go to bed to drink my last one to two liters of liquid... I'll pee normally... well before I hit the covers, I'll drink another 3 dl... and just pee a little... at first you seem you need to pee it all out, but a little restraint and you're body "will keep it" again...

go to bed... depending on your habits you might wake in a few hours really needing to pee... now with a bit of practice you gonna do this in your diaper in a half-a-sleep state of mind... and in the morn' you'll have to pee even more...

When I am wearing I usually go for about 3/4 full....anything less and I feel like I am wasting it and wasting my money. Anything more and it gets uncomfortable (i usually can't fill it in one wetting, so by the time it gets 3/4 of the way full its getting all cold and clammy feeling...and i don't like that).

As for smell I just drink water, milk, juice and soda. If you are trying to stay away from things that really make pee smell bad then DON'T EAT ASPARAGUS!!!!!!!!! :D It really makes your urine reek.

When I am wearing I usually go for about 3/4 full....anything less and I feel like I am wasting it and wasting my money. Anything more and it gets uncomfortable (i usually can't fill it in one wetting, so by the time it gets 3/4 of the way full its getting all cold and clammy feeling...and i don't like that).

As for smell I just drink water, milk, juice and soda. If you are trying to stay away from things that really make pee smell bad then DON'T EAT ASPARAGUS!!!!!!!!! :D It really makes your urine reek.

aspargus contains loads of vitamine B - major issue with smelly urine ;)

on the other hand aspargus are darn tasty if prepared right, and are amongst the most healthy vegetables we can eat.

Straight water makes it too weak, and I think drinking that much straight water can be dangerous for your health.

I believe the "dangerous" part comes from both drinking abnormal amounts of water and holding it and not letting it out when you need to go. Of course I'm not a doctor so I don't know what the real risks are. I can tell you that I consume about 45-48 ounces of water before bed (that's 3 tall glasses). When I feel the need, I don't hold back and I just wet my diaper.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years...125073wii1.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_intoxication

• 5 weeks later...

I LOVE the smell of a fully soaked diaper after eatting honey nut cheerios. For some reason it just brings back a memory of being a little tyke (prob way too old for diapers - 4) and REFUSING to let my mom change me while I was playing and having a saggy 1980's pamper hanging down between my legs.

I soak an Abena X plus in about a day of wearing with normal water intake. Most of the time the diaper still has a little ways to go but it starts to get uncomfortable and I need to change into a dry diaper. I like to keep up on my skin care down there especially since I have been wearing all of the time.

Drinking too much water can be dangerous only if you drink TONS of water or drink a lot of water when exercising. It creates an electrolyte imbalance and bad stuff starts happening. If your interested heres a linky to some info about it. :)

~Brian

edit* I didn't realize there was another link for water intoxication up there. Sorry for the redundancy.*

I wish I had a problem with not being able to soak an X-Plus till it leaks :huh:

My problem is the other way around, I'm still looking for a diaper that can stand up to a 12 hour work shift.... They don't exist :(

Maybe I just go alot, or the padding breaks down from all the moving around I do, But what ever the reason It takes 2-3 just for one work night

• 4 weeks later...

I often will wear an abena, with several boosters in it, and have no problem filling it at all. Any time I know I'll need to change, like before work or shower or something, and the diaper is still not very used, i just get a few tall glasses of water, and take sips from them over a long period of time (an hour or so). If you do that, you'll soak the thing fast, without getting sick from downing a massive amount of water all at once.