LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Vintage Diapers

sblu8

I find diapers at thrift and Goodwill stores too, but not the old Attends from the 1980's. They used to come in a cardboard box instead of plastic bags. I wore those in the early 1980's but never really liked them except for the thickness and fit. It was that "micro-pore" inner lining made of plastic (that's right, the inner lining of the diaper was actualy plastic and not cloth) that I hated. It made you feel wet all the time and was not soft and comfortable. The padding also clumped because that was before gel filling. The smartest thing Attends ever did was git rid of that stupid plastic inner lining.

I found some vintage Attends by accident in a local pharmacy . It was in the town I worked in. Right here in NYC! ...unbelieveable in a city this big!!....They actually had the late 90s Attends on the shelf and several bags! I always would check smaller local pharmacies for old diapers. I know the large chain stores all only carry the "cloth crap type" diapers and pull up underwear. SO I went in to this local pharmacy actually looking for aspirins and passed the adult diaper section and couldnt believe the amount of Attends on the shelf. NOt only that, they were only 5.99 a bag!!! Seems them being kinda old they were probably trying to sell them off for cheap. Plus now with most people looking for discreet pull up underwear, they sort of sat un-noticed. SO I had no problem buying several bags and only spending a fraction of what one would pay for only ONE bag say on E Bay or something. I then went back a few weeks later to see if they were still there and they were. So I bought yet another two bags fro 10 dollars....SO I found a small treasure trove of those classic Attends right here in my own neighborhood.... So When I took one out it was that tell tale crinkly white shiny thick plastic diapers I always remembered. I now have a stash beyond belief in the closet. No more checking E bay for overpriced dipers..........So to all out there check those local small pharmacies, they do have some hidden or forgotten diaper treasures out there and for a fraction of the price in some cases........

The ironic thing is that the 'cloth' lining topsheet, the 'nonwoven top' in a lot of disposables is actually a type or variety of plastic too. I think it may be polypropylene in some. It's just I suppose the Attends Classic topsheet was made out of a type of plastic that was far more noticeable...

Hi all, I have some old diapers that i have stached back and as I am trying to get out of this habbit................. I would be willing to sell off some of my old stash. I have half a bad of the old green depends size small, a full bag of the old blue and red depends overnight, a half bag of the over night and a three quortes bag ofthe old red bad depends. e-mail me at now_dry@hotmail.com if you would like to buy them. I do not check the account but once a week so the responce may be slow comming.

i loved the thickness in those old diapers even those first pull up type adult diapers and i ain't talking about the shitty underwear style they have now im talking about those pull ups that you had to have the strap thing's with the buttons in the diaper and that held it up i normally were a brand called First Quality now that i get from online some were those ain't cheap but damn i love the thickness lol

I find diapers at thrift and Goodwill stores too, but not the old Attends from the 1980's. They used to come in a cardboard box instead of plastic bags. I wore those in the early 1980's but never really liked them except for the thickness and fit. It was that "micro-pore" inner lining made of plastic (that's right, the inner lining of the diaper was actualy plastic and not cloth) that I hated. It made you feel wet all the time and was not soft and comfortable. The padding also clumped because that was before gel filling. The smartest thing Attends ever did was git rid of that stupid plastic inner lining.

Actually Tenas new "feel dry" layer is a plastic layer with holes in it, covered by yet a layer of whatever that type of papery textile they always use is made of... I can't tell you wether it actually makes them feel dry, but they say so, and are very proud of it, and the nappy works terrific still.