LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Size 8, 9 And 10

Ok, so Attends still makes retro-style briefs in Youth for hips less than 22" and Small of hips under 34". Bambino has a Size Small. So does Tranquility. Secure has a couple of style briefs in Size Small.

Recently on DD we have discussed why adult diapers need 2 or 3 tabs per side. I know, I am not shaped the same as I was when I was 4. The thing is back then, Pampers had no tapes or tabs. Parents were expected to pin on disposables until a genius invented a way of making tapes a part of baby disposables. I think that was 1972, long after I was toilet trained. Back then my whole family hugged tress and would not think about disposables. But I remember being on a short trip the summer of 1972 when my kid sister Missy was not quite toilet trained. Of course all of us gals in the car were diapered in pinned Curity gauze so Dad did not have to stop frequently. That was normal and we accepted it.

Then on the second day Missy got really runny poop. Mom had to change her once an hour, so we were running out of clean diapers. Before lunch that day, Mom had Dad find a supermarket in Bakersfield. My oldest sister was sent into that store to buy a bag of the largest Pampers available, a first for our family. By the time Big Sis returned to the car with them, Mom had turned the tailgate into a changing station, with Missy cleaned and ready. Mom had to study the instructions on the bag and she wasted one Pampers before she figured out how to use the tapes, so Mom at least might have preferred using pins on disposables.

The thing is I have always been too large for baby Pampers, Huggies or any other brand. I could close Size 7 around my waist, if my hips did not get in the way, and Size 7 are not long enough to reach my waist.

So what I suggest to all the many manufacturers of both adult and baby disposables is to stop considering this as two separate markets. This is 2008, when sensible parents take a go-slow approach to toilet training and today many 4yo are larger than 7yo when I was a girl many years ago. Tape-on diapers work much better in bed, and in bed slick plastic slides past bedding better than does cloth-like. Maybe when you are very active cloth-like stretches better than plastic, but none of us move that much in bed.

What we need is to continue single tab Velcro-like re-fastenable baby-style disposable diapers beyond current 45 pounds Size 7, to 55 pound Size 8, 70 Pound Size 9 and 85 pound Size 10. Practically speaking 85 pounds is the lower limit even for Attends Youth size, which are two tapes per side and not re-fastenable.

Baby diaper Guru and Business Consultant to all the biggies Carlos Richer (a super kind man) has written that the way of the future for baby/toddler is to phase out pull-ups, which are a huge problem to manufactur and replace them with larger disposables with such good refastenable tabs kids who today can use pull-ups will be able to release their diaper to go potty and then refasten it on their own.

KCC decorated GoodNites for big kids, so there is no reason these Size 8, 9 and 10 should not be decorated like Size 7 Pampers Cruisers.

Then we also need 2 tabs per side diapers for smaller people. Maybe that would be Smaller Youth? To me they all should be decorated. AB Universe and Bambino have the right idea. Diapers should be fun, not just utilitarian.

Gary Hirsch designed the Secure diapers and many other adult brands, so he is the Guru to adult diapering as Carlos Richer is to baby diapering. Fortunately the two of them are friends. Maybe they can help the current manufacturers see reason. I believe Mr. Richer when he says P&G does not care about the tweenie and adult diaper market. They are the ones who sold out Attends to PaperPak long after P&G stopped doing Attends R&D and Depend was taking over in the store shelves. Nobody can tell P&G anything since they do not listen. Maybe the deal was that Attends cannot make a diaper smaller than the retro Youth which is the same as when P&G designed it. Same for the Attends Small, which to me is identical to those I bought circa 1985. But Secure and Tranquility never belonged to P&G so if they want they can get into this tweenie business.

Or maybe what we need is for a new firm to invent a Size 8, 9 and 10 decorated Pampers-like diaper, with the softness of a Cruisers inside and larger so older kids can wear them. Maybe the Size 9 and 10 should be made with both single and double tabs to fit bigger kids with one tab and smaller adults with 2 tabs. Make them and we will buy!

Baby Angel, aka Angela Bauer

Ok, so Attends still makes retro-style briefs in Youth for hips less than 22" and Small of hips under 34". Bambino has a Size Small. So does Tranquility. Secure has a couple of style briefs in Size Small.

Recently on DD we have discussed why adult diapers need 2 or 3 tabs per side. I know, I am not shaped the same as I was when I was 4. The thing is back then, Pampers had no tapes or tabs. Parents were expected to pin on disposables until a genius invented a way of making tapes a part of baby disposables. I think that was 1972, long after I was toilet trained. Back then my whole family hugged tress and would not think about disposables. But I remember being on a short trip the summer of 1972 when my kid sister Missy was not quite toilet trained. Of course all of us gals in the car were diapered in pinned Curity gauze so Dad did not have to stop frequently. That was normal and we accepted it.

Then on the second day Missy got really runny poop. Mom had to change her once an hour, so we were running out of clean diapers. Before lunch that day, Mom had Dad find a supermarket in Bakersfield. My oldest sister was sent into that store to buy a bag of the largest Pampers available, a first for our family. By the time Big Sis returned to the car with them, Mom had turned the tailgate into a changing station, with Missy cleaned and ready. Mom had to study the instructions on the bag and she wasted one Pampers before she figured out how to use the tapes, so Mom at least might have preferred using pins on disposables.

The thing is I have always been too large for baby Pampers, Huggies or any other brand. I could close Size 7 around my waist, if my hips did not get in the way, and Size 7 are not long enough to reach my waist.

So what I suggest to all the many manufacturers of both adult and baby disposables is to stop considering this as two separate markets. This is 2008, when sensible parents take a go-slow approach to toilet training and today many 4yo are larger than 7yo when I was a girl many years ago. Tape-on diapers work much better in bed, and in bed slick plastic slides past bedding better than does cloth-like. Maybe when you are very active cloth-like stretches better than plastic, but none of us move that much in bed.

What we need is to continue single tab Velcro-like re-fastenable baby-style disposable diapers beyond current 45 pounds Size 7, to 55 pound Size 8, 70 Pound Size 9 and 85 pound Size 10. Practically speaking 85 pounds is the lower limit even for Attends Youth size, which are two tapes per side and not re-fastenable.

Baby diaper Guru and Business Consultant to all the biggies Carlos Richer (a super kind man) has written that the way of the future for baby/toddler is to phase out pull-ups, which are a huge problem to manufactur and replace them with larger disposables with such good refastenable tabs kids who today can use pull-ups will be able to release their diaper to go potty and then refasten it on their own.

KCC decorated GoodNites for big kids, so there is no reason these Size 8, 9 and 10 should not be decorated like Size 7 Pampers Cruisers.

Then we also need 2 tabs per side diapers for smaller people. Maybe that would be Smaller Youth? To me they all should be decorated. AB Universe and Bambino have the right idea. Diapers should be fun, not just utilitarian.

Gary Hirsch designed the Secure diapers and many other adult brands, so he is the Guru to adult diapering as Carlos Richer is to baby diapering. Fortunately the two of them are friends. Maybe they can help the current manufacturers see reason. I believe Mr. Richer when he says P&G does not care about the tweenie and adult diaper market. They are the ones who sold out Attends to PaperPak long after P&G stopped doing Attends R&D and Depend was taking over in the store shelves. Nobody can tell P&G anything since they do not listen. Maybe the deal was that Attends cannot make a diaper smaller than the retro Youth which is the same as when P&G designed it. Same for the Attends Small, which to me is identical to those I bought circa 1985. But Secure and Tranquility never belonged to P&G so if they want they can get into this tweenie business.

Or maybe what we need is for a new firm to invent a Size 8, 9 and 10 decorated Pampers-like diaper, with the softness of a Cruisers inside and larger so older kids can wear them. Maybe the Size 9 and 10 should be made with both single and double tabs to fit bigger kids with one tab and smaller adults with 2 tabs. Make them and we will buy!

Baby Angel, aka Angela Bauer

Thats a great idea.

The new Tena Ultra Stretch diapers only have one large velcro tape ("hook and loop" closure) per side and they work extremely well. I've tried them, and I like the fit. Granted, they only come in two sizes, and DL/AB's on the smaller side would probably find them too big. However, my point is it IS possible for adult diaper manufacturers to invent an adult diaper with just one tab per side.

It's possible, but it doesn't always work.

With baby diapers, and even those for younger children, the manufacturers only have to deal with one body shape, since, aside from the nether regions, boys and girls are shaped the same. So a one-tape system works due to small body size and a single shape. Once we start getting older, body shapes change. With girls, hips widen and fat deposits on the buttocks also grow. With boys, legs become more muscular and their genitals grow. Either way, the crotch/waist/hips area also lengthens (heightens?). This necessitates the need for diapers to fit both shapes, but adult diaper manufacturers still try to make one size fit both. It works, but not the best. One tape per side really wouldn't work unless it was a fairly large tape, but even then that'd only work for boys/men. It wouldn't work at all for girls due to the curvature down there. Two tapes work better, and some find three tapes actually work best. So, like it or not, I think two per side is the most universal bet... just not the best. I think the fit of the diapers themselves also needs to be addressed, not just the taping.

Tranquility does have an extra small ATN 18"-26" waist/hip size.... But they are cloth backed not plastic backed...

I still don't see the trend/reason the makers use to do this....If someone needs a diaper rather than pull up it seems to be that plastic would be the best to lessen leaks.

But alas, They never ask what I think :(