diaprbayb

help me decide  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Attends Classic 10 or Tena Plus

• Attends classic 10
    • Tena Plus
    • Both great
    • both not worth it

I finally found a pharmacy in my area that sells Attends 10's they also carry Tena Plus.

Now I don't wear often and when I do I don't wear them to long. Usally only for an hour or so after I wet them and before I go to bed.

So let me know about which one.

Thanks

Your location shows PA, (Pennsylvania?) so I'm assuming those are US Tenas... I've never heard of a Tena Plus in the US, but there is a Tena Classic Plus. The Classic Plus isn't bad, better than Depends or anything else that is commonly available. In the US, the best Tena diaper is the Tena Super, followed by the Tena Ultra, then the Classic Plus. (one would think that Ultra would be better than Super, but apparently not in Tena land)

The big problem with Tena is that all of their US diapers went cloth covered several years ago. It's possible that the pharmacy still has some of the old plastic ones, there's a place near me that had some of the old ones up till a year ago. The plastic ones were in a white package with no mention of a cloth covering. I think the cloth ones are always in a blue package.

I've never tried any Attends, so I don't know how they compare...

Well, there's one important factor here, bayb ... although it might not be important to you. :P That would be whether you care about the backing material. Attends 10 are plastic backed (actually a nice soft plastic) and Tena are (*shivers*) cloth-backed. My local pharmacy carries both but I don't buy the Tena brand specifically for that reason. I rarely ever wet my diapers so I can't give you much input on how well they hold up in that department, although if you only wear for an hour or so, I don't see that you'd have much of a problem. However, if you do decide on the Attends, if they have the ones with the waistband and 3 tapes per side I'd recommend those. The Classic are fine but the inner lining is not as soft as on the waistband variety.