LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

This story starts the second story arc about Nikki and Sarah (which is the one I'm still working on).  It starts in the spring of 2019; a little over three years after the previous story.  There will be more tags added as the second and third part of the story is posted, but I don't want to give you spoilers.

Like the other stories about Nikki and Sarah, it probably helps to have read the previous ones (although it's not strictly necessary), so I've added the relevant links to the Nikki-and-Sarah-verse index thread

------------------------------------------------

Mary Sue

Sophie giggled.  The deep, red plush of the carpet tickled her bare skin as she crawled down the hotel hallway behind Natalie.  She had to admit that it was hard not to be distracted by Natalie's butt, clad in tight, black latex pants, swaying hypnotically only inches away from her face.  The surface was so polished that Sophie could see her own funhouse reflection.  Suddenly she felt a tug on her collar.  Apparently she had lost focus and slowed down and Natalie had pulled the leash slung over her shoulder to urge her along.

They reached the railing of the mezzanine overlooking the crowded lobby and Sophie knelt by Natalie's side.  "I still can't believe this is legal," she said, looking at all the people below.  Natalie didn't answer.  She only bent down to adjust Sophie's outfit.  Although calling it an outfit was rather generous.  It was really more of a collection of narrow leather straps.

"Mistress?" Sophie said quietly.

"Yes sweetie?"

"May I please go to the bathroom?"

"Of course," Natalie said with a smile, "but be quick.  You don't want to be late for your spanking down there."  She nodded towards the lobby below where somebody was setting up some furniture that would never be seen in an IKEA catalogue.

Sophie got to her feet and got a playful little swat across her butt before she hurried off towards the bathrooms.  It didn't take her long to find them, but by the time she reached a stall she was close to bursting.  Undoing the necessary buckles and sitting down, Sophie relaxed and let go.

"I'm curious about one thing."  Nikki put the tablet down on the kitchen table.

"What?"  Sarah looked up from the soup she was stirring.

"Well, I've read enough of your stories that it's obvious that Sophie and Natalie are you and me."  Nikki got up and walked over to the stove to stand next to Sarah.

Sarah said nothing, but stirred the soup more intently.

"So why isn't she wearing proper underwear?"  Nikki gave Sarah's butt a squeeze through her sweat pants, making her jump.  "And for that matter, why aren't you?"

Sarah blushed a little.  She and Nikki had been living together for more than three years, and Nikki had known how she liked wearing diapers for almost four.  But Sarah was still embarrassed when Nikki talked about her diapers like they were the most normal thing in the world.

"I mean, you are wearing the other half of the outfit."  Nikki hooked a finger through the metal ring of the collar encircling Sarah's neck.

Sarah swallowed.  Their ground rules had been simple.  Whenever she wore her diapers, she would also wear her collar.  And whenever she wore her collar, Nikki was in charge.  Of course, Sarah had quickly spotted a loophole.  The rule said that she had to wear her collar if she wore diapers.  It didn't say that she had to wear diapers whenever she wore her collar.  Besides, Nikki was bossy even when she wasn't wearing her collar.  But they both kept that part of their relationship private.  Mostly.

Sarah lowered her eyes demurely.  "I like wearing it.  It reminds me that my mommynatrix loves me."

Nikki arched an eyebrow in the way that made Sarah melt.  "Aaaaand?" she asked.

"What do you mean Ma'am?"  Sarah stopped stirring the soup.

"You sure you're not fishing for some extra playtime?  The grown-up kind?"

"Maybe," Sarah admitted with a mischievous smile.  "Is it working?"

"Maybe."  Nikki gave Sarah a quick peck on the cheek before letting go of her collar.  "But not before dinner."

Sarah returned her attention to the soup while Nikki set the table.

Fifteen minutes later, inbetween spoonfuls of soup, Nikki brought the subject up again.

"About your story," she said.

"What about it?"  Sarah reached for another roll and bit into it with an explosion of crumbs.

"Is that something you'd, I don't know, maybe want to try?" Nikki asked hesitantly.

"What?  Public spankings?  No thanks."  Sarah shook her head, but stopped eating and looked at Nikki, waiting for the other shoe to drop.

"No."  Nikki paused.  "I meant... You know how they say 'write what you know', right?"

"Yeah?"

"Have you ever been to one of those conventions?"

Sarah gave a short, dismissive chuckle.  "Riiiiiight."

Nikki took a deep breath.  "Would you want to?"

Sarah sighed.  "Nikki, I don't mind too much when you make me wear my diapers when we go out, but then they're hidden and only you and me know about them.  There's no way in hell I'm going to have them on display for a bunch of strangers."

"That's not really how it works," Nikki mumbled.

"How would you... Oh my god!  You've been to one, haven't you?"

Nikki blushed in a very un-dominatrixy way.

"When?" Sarah demanded.

"Five years ago.  A couple of months after we broke up."  Nikki reached for a piece of bread and suddenly found her soup really interesting.

There was a scraping sound as Sarah moved her chair next to Nikki's.  "So what was it like then?"  Sarah slid closer and nudged Nikki with her shoulder.  "Teeeelllll meeeeeee."

"Cut it out."

"But I wanna knoooooow," Sarah said in her best whiny-kid voice.  She knew she was pushing it, but she just couldn't help herself.

Nikki sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Was it full of cute little girls you could boss around?"

"I said 'cut it out'."

"And they just went crazy when you wiggled your butt in those tight leather pants of yours," Sarah continued.

Nikki turned to look at Sarah, raising an eyebrow.  "Is this really the way you want to do this?" she asked.

"Uh-huh."  Sarah grinned and nodded.

Nikki hooked a finger through the steel ring on Sarah's collar and pulled her so close that their noses almost touched.

"You," Nikki said sternly, "are being a very annoying, little girl.  No more kisses and playtime for you."

"Aaaww"

"It's your own fault," Nikki pointed out and let go of Sarah's collar.  Sarah pouted and moved her chair back to where it had been before.  A few minutes later they had both finished eating.  Sarah began clearing the table.  She put the bowls in the sink before wiping off the table.

"I just had an idea," Sarah said.  She left the cloth on the table and knelt down next to Nikki's chair.

"Yes?"

"For Halloween this year, how about we dress up as characters from Beauty and the Beast?  I could be the feather duster.  I bet I'd look good in a French maid's outfit, don't you think?"  Sarah rested her arms on Nikki's lap and looked up at her pleadingly.  "And you'd look great in that outfit Lumiere has.  You could even do your French accent.  And maybe we could convince Mike and Amina to let us dress up their terrier as the beast.  That'd just be adorable."

"I..."

Sarah rose and began singing with an exaggerated French accent.  "Be ourrr guest.  Be ourrr guest.  Put ourrr service to ze test.  Tie yourrr napkin 'rrround yourrr neck, cherrrie, and we'll prrrovide ze rrrest."  She wiggled her butt from side to side in time with the song.

Nikki laughed and grabbed Sarah, pulling her onto her lap.  "You're such a dork," she said with a smile and leaned in and gave Sarah's nose a little kiss.

Sarah made a show of checking her watch.  "Six minutes and thirty-five seconds," she said, grinning broadly.

"Huh?"

"Oh, I just wondered if I could get you to kiss me less than ten minutes after you said 'no smoochies'."

"Oh you're such a brat.  You're going to regret that," Nikki said.

She wasn't lying.

• 2 weeks later...

Mary Sue
Part 2 of 3

"Follow me," the nurse commanded.  She took Sophie's hand and led her down a corridor.  They continued walking for quite a while, taking so many turns that Sophie was completely disoriented.  And with every step she took, her diaper rubbed against her smoothly shaved skin.  It also made her waddle ever so slightly as more and more of it bunched up between her legs and absorbed the moisture she was producing at an ever-increasing rate.

The nurse stopped and opened a nondescript door.  She guided Sophie through before closing it behind them.  The room on the other side had the comforting anonymity of a hospital examination room.  The customary generic art on the wall, a desk with blood pressure cuffs and other instruments, a couple of chairs and an exam table halfway hidden behind a screen.

"Oooo.  You never told me you liked playing doctor."  Nikki looked up from the tablet.  "Maybe I should look into getting a nurse's uniform.  What do you think?" 

"Mmmmmph," was Sarah's only reply from behind the scarf covering her mouth.  She was lying in a papasan chair inside their bedroom closet wearing only her diaper, her arms and legs tied to sturdy eye bolts in each of the four corners of the closet ceiling.

Nikki pulled her stool closer until she was sitting between Sarah's spread legs.  Resting the tablet against Sarah's diapered crotch, she continued reading aloud.

"Your coat," the nurse demanded.  Almost automatically, Sophie opened her coat and let it slide off her shoulders and down her arms, leaving her naked save for her shoes and her diaper.  The nurse caught the coat before it fell to the floor and draped it over the back of one of the chairs.

The nurse moved closer, standing so close that Sophie's bare breasts almost touched the starched, white fabric of her uniform. 

"And have you been a good girl," she asked and reached down to slip a hand between Sophie's legs.  She grabbed the diaper and stroked Sophie.  "Or have you been getting wet without permission?"  Sophie felt her knees go wobbly and only moaned softly in response.

"Oh my."  Nikki looked up again, meeting Sarah's eyes.  She undid a couple of buttons on her top.  "Is it just me or is it getting a little hot in here?"  She unbuttoned the remaining buttons and shrugged off the top, tossing it onto their bed behind her back.

"Do you think maybe I should lose the bra?" Nikki ran her hands over her sports-bra-covered breasts.  "I mean, it's only fair since you're not wearing yours.  But then again, you're my little girl and I'm your big, mean dominatrix."  Nikki paused, drinking in the begging expression on Sarah's face and the soft mewling sound she made.

"Nah, I think I'll leave it on.  At least for now."

"Ssshhh," the nurse said and placed a finger against Sophie's lips.  She led Sophie to the examination table and helped her up on it.  The paper on the table crinkled as she lay back and let the nurse place her legs in the stirrups.  Although her mind told her that it was a little odd to have the nurse do this for her, but somehow it just felt so... right.

"So she's kind of spread out; just like you."

Sarah groaned loudly as Nikki gently scraped a fingernail up the inside of her thigh.  Nikki just smiled as Sarah's muscles tensed and twitched.

The nurse stood between Sophie's spread legs and gently rubbed her stomach from the top of the diapers and all the way up to her breasts.  Sophie arched her back to meet the nurse's hands as they cupped her breasts and briefly played with her rapidly hardening nipples.  The nurse deftly undid the tapes that held the diaper in place and pulled it out from under Sophie.  Goosebumps rose on Sophie's skin as the slightly clammy skin previously covered by a thick layer of padding was exposed to the cool air.  The nurse grabbed Sophie's hands and placed her arms along her sides.

"Now don't move," she said and picked up Sophie's diaper.  She bundled it up and walked out the door, leaving Sophie alone and naked.

"I guess I could tell you the same thing, couldn't I?"  Nikki stood, leaving the tablet resting against Sarah's diaper.  "But in your case it's not like you have that much of a choice."  She struck the rope holding Sarah's right leg as if she was plucking a guitar string. 

Nikki ducked under the rope holding Sarah's leg and edged sideways between the chair and the wall.

"Do you know just how hot you look, all tied up like this?  You're completely helpless."  Nikki slowly ran her fingers up the side of Sarah's ribcage towards her armpit.  "I could tickle you until you pee yourself laughing..."  Sarah's eyes went wide.  She writhed and twisted, trying to get away from Nikki's feather-light touch; unintelligible sounds rising from her gagged mouth.  Nikki stopped and grinned.  "But I won't."  Nikki reached out and gently brushed the hair out of Sarah's face.  Then she gave her forehead a kiss.

"Reading this story, I'm starting to think that Sophie wants to have some playtime with more people than just Natalie.  I mean, this nurse..."  Nikki arched an eyebrow at Sarah who made some noises that sounded somewhat protesting, but the gag made it impossible to tell for sure. 

"You know what?"  Nikki pulled a silk scarf down from a rack on the wall and played with it, running it slowly between her fingers.  "I really want to know what happens next.  So you need to figure out if Natalie is in the mood for sharing her little pet.  And then you need to let those naughty, little fingers of yours..." Nikki stroked Sarah's hands, surreptitiously making sure the rope wasn't cutting off her circulation.  "...do their little dance on the keyboard and not somewhere else."

Nikki held the ends of the scarf and pulled it up Sarah's chest.  "And I'm going to give you a hand by helping you focus."  Nikki quickly tied the scarf around Sarah's head, blindfolding her.

"There we are: One less sense to distract you.  See how this works?  Oops, bad choice of words there," Nikki said and chuckled, running a finger across the blindfold.  "I guess I'm going to have to narrate a little for you.  Don't go anywhere.  I just have to find a couple of things."

Nikki slipped back out of the closet and picked up the tablet, putting it on the bed before leaving the room.  Sarah could hear Nikki going from room to room in their apartment, but soon enough she was back.

"OK, where were we?"  Nikki's grin was almost audible.  "Oh yes..."  She cleared her throat.

After what seemed like an eternity, Sophie heard the door open.  She resisted the temptation to turn her head to look.  After all, that would be moving.  She could hear what sounded like more than one pair of shoes clicking against the hard floor.  Had the nurse returned?  Was it someone else?  Was it the nurse and someone else?  A voice Sophie would recognise anywhere answered all of her questions with a single sentence.

"You're right, nurse.  She hasn't moved."  Natalie's voice washed away all the anxiety that had been building up in the pit of Sophie's stomach.  She walked around the table and into Sophie's field of view, revealing that she was wearing a uniform just like the nurse who was standing next to her.

"I bet you didn't see that coming, did you?  Oh, that's right.  How could you?"  Nikki chuckled at the groan Sarah made.  She leaned in and adjusted Sarah's blindfold to make sure it was in place before continuing.

Natalie ran a single finger down Sophie's chest, making her shiver involuntarily.  The finger slowly made its way towards Sophie's belly button, making a little detour around it before continuing south.  Sophie moaned softly and moved her hips to meet Natalie's finger, only to have it withdrawn.

"Please," Sophie begged.

"Did I say you could move?"

Sophie lowered her eyes.  "No," she said, almost whispering.

"No, what?"

"No, Mistress," Sophie said.  "I'm sorry Mistress."

"That's better."  Natalie smiled.  "Still, I think we're going to have to make sure you don't leave any stains here.  You're looking a little ... damp and I think we both know that can make you," Natalie paused for a moment, giving the nurse a smug smile, "...misbehave."

Sophie knew that tone of voice.  A new shiver ran down her spine, but she wasn't sure if it was from worry or anticipation.  She saw the nurse unfold a fresh diaper and hand it to Natalie.  The gentle touch on her hip was all the signal she needed.  Sophie lifted her butt off the table and felt Natalie slide the diaper in under her.

Nikki tapped Sarah's calf to get her attention.

"You see how Sophie is being a well-behaved, little girl for her mistress?  And not a bratty, little smart-arse?"

Sarah made a muffled sound from behind her gag in reply.  Nikki frowned at this, despite knowing that Sarah couldn't see her.

"And I bet she would know not to talk if she had a gag," Nikki continued, clearly enjoying the unlimited powers of a storyteller.

Sophie lowered her hips onto the fresh diaper and couldn't help smiling at the tissue-paper-like sensation against her...

Nikki paused, searching for the right words.

She couldn't help smiling as Natalie pulled the dry diaper up between her legs and taped it in place.  The smile was accompanied by a new shiver down her back as the cool, smooth vinyl surface of Natalie's uniform brushed against her calf.

"See?  Now she's properly dressed again.  We can't have Sophie lying around naked.  Who knows what she might get up to."  Nikki chuckled at the muffled protests coming from behind Sarah's gag.  She reached up and pulled the gag down.  "Don't you agree?" she asked in a syrupy sweet voice as she stroked Sarah's cheek.

"Yes Ma'am," Sarah whispered.  "But Ma'am?"

"Yes?"

"Wasn't Natalie wearing a regular nurse's uniform when she came in to the room and not a PVC one?" Sarah asked in a mock-innocent voice.

"Oh shush.  She's wearing a PVC one now, so stop nitpicking and be a good little girl for me."  Nikki pulled the gag up to cover Sarah's mouth again.

Sarah made an apologetic-sounding groan as Nikki continued.

Sophie closed her eyes and waited for whatever Natalie had planned next, but was surprised when she felt another tap on her hip.  Almost without thinking she raised her hips off the table again and felt Natalie slide something else under her hips.  Something much thicker than a diaper.  She opened her eyes just in time to see the nurse tear a piece of surgical tape off a roll on the desk.  She handed it to Natalie who used it to tape something to the diaper between Sophie's legs.  Then she pulled a thick, folded towel up between her legs and taped in in place on top of the diaper.

"Mistress?  Sophie asked, confusion obvious in her voice.

Natalie just looked at Sophie.  Then she laughed.  "Oh silly baby.  Did you think we were going to play here?  Oh no.  We are going home to do that."

"Like this?!?"  Sophie managed to catch herself in time so she didn't move her arms."

"Will you stop being so overly dramatic.  Of course I'm not going to march you out of here in just your diapers."  Natalie rolled her eyes at the nurse who just chuckled.

"First of all, you'll be wearing these to hold things in place."  Natalie shook a silvery grey bundle to reveal a large pair of rubber panties which she proceeded to slide up Sophie's legs.  After a bit of a struggle to get them over the thick towel, the panties were in place, encasing Sophie's hips in their constricting embrace.

Natalie nodded to the nurse who helped Sophie off the table.  She stood bowlegged in front of Natalie, completely at a loss as to what might come next.

"And you also get to have your coat," Natalie said, handing Sophie the coat she had worn only half an hour earlier.  "Come on now.  Put it on."

Sophie put on the coat, but couldn't button it all the way down.  It had been a tight fit before but the diaper was just too thick now.  There was no way the bulge wouldn't be visible.  And walking would reveal her silver underwear to anyone facing her.  Sophie tried to hold the bottom of the coat closed.

"Mistress, please.  People will see," she begged.

Natalie gave her a long, cool look.  "Very well, but you're not going to like the alternative."  She nodded to the nurse who left the room.  She returned only seconds later with a wheeled stretcher that Sophie could only assume she had borrowed from an ambulance.

"Hop on," Natalie said cheerfully and patted the mattress.  Sophie clambered onto the stretcher and laid down.  The nurse wrapped a sheet around Sophie, covering her from her chin to her feet.  Then she tightened broad nylon straps around Sophie to tie her to the stretcher.  Natalie bent down and gave Sophie's forehead a kiss.  Then she pulled out her phone and tapped the screen a couple of times.  Whatever Natalie had taped between Sophie's legs began vibrating.

"Now we're going to wheel you down to the car, but we're going to take our time because we're not leaving the building until you've come at least three times.  And don't try to fake it.  I know what you sound like when it's real."  Sophie immediately regretted going for the second option, but it was too late now, as the nurse was already pushing the stretcher towards the door.

"Sarah?  You know how I said 'write what you know'?"

"Mm-hmm?" Sarah murmured cautiously.

"To really be able to write what happens next, I think it's important that you truly appreciate Sophie's situation; that you understand both her helplessness and her embarrassment, and how those things make her even more aroused."  Nikki knew she was laying it on too thickly, but that was the whole point.  They both knew it was an act.

Nikki noisily tore two pieces of duct tape from the roll she had found earlier.  After hanging them from one of the ropes, she found the vibrator that Sarah jokingly referred to as her second favourite Hitachi product; after the fridge.  Nikki plugged it into the wall and turned it on and off again.

Knowing that Sarah had heard the distinctive buzz, Nikki leaned in close and whispered: "Now I'm going to tape your friend in place here and let you have a nice, quiet think about how you want to finish that story."  Nikki taped the vibrator to Sarah's diapered crotch.  Then she put a pair of earmuffs on her and turned the vibrator on, leaving it on 'low'.  Sarah almost immediately began trying to grind her hips against the vibrator, but since there was nothing but air to press against, Nikki was pretty sure it wouldn't make any difference.

After watching Sarah writhe and groan for a minute, Nikki reached in and set the vibrator to 'medium'.  Then she went to take a nice, long shower, leaving Sarah to her vibrating darkness.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Mary Sue
Part 3 of 3

Half an hour later, Nikki returned to find a twitching and wheezing Sarah.  Her hair was tangled and matted, and a snot bubble kept growing and shrinking in one of her nostrils.  Miraculously, the gag, blindfold and earmuffs were still in place.  When Nikki placed a hand on Sarah's thigh, she gave a muffled, little shriek of surprise.  Nikki turned off the vibrator and peeled off the tape, just putting it on the floor.  Then she ran a hand slowly up Sarah's stomach and chest, noting how sweaty her skin was.

"Note to self: Turn down the heat before doing this again," she murmured.

Nikki pulled the gag away from Sarah's mouth and she hungrily gulped down the fresh air.  Next came the earmuffs and the blindfold.  Sarah squinted against the light and Nikki gently brushed her hair away and gave her forehead a light kiss.

"Shh.  Don't speak," Nikki whispered.  Sarah nodded weakly.  After the buzzing of the vibrator, the silence in the room was almost eerie.

Nikki untied Sarah's arms and legs and helped her out of the chair.  She stood unsteadily for a moment or two before realising that one of her legs was asleep.  Nikki managed to catch her before she fell and helped her to the bed.  Then she lay down next to Sarah and wrapped her arms around her. 

For a while she just held her, gently stroking her back and whispering soothing nothings.  Eventually, Sarah spoke.

"Nikki?"

"Yeah?"

"Let's not do that again."

Nikki felt a stab of guilt; an almost physical pain in her gut.  "Oh god.  Did I hurt you?  I'msosorryI'msosorry..."  She held Sarah tightly, mumbling a continuous stream of apologies.

"Nikki," Sarah interrupted her.  "I'm okay.  It was just way too intense."

"Okay," Nikki said quietly, the stomach ache not quite gone, but at least a little better.  She let go of Sarah and sat up to get the towel she had brought from the bathroom.

"Don't go," Sarah whispered and grabbed Nikki's arm.  "Stay with me."

The way she said it; the raw need and vulnerability in her voice, was enough to stop Nikki.  She crawled back in bed and laid down behind Sarah, wrapping her arms protectively around her.  Sarah snuggled closer and sighed as Nikki nuzzling the side of her neck.

For a long time they just lay there; Sarah resting peacefully and Nikki mentally kicking herself for overdoing things.  Again.  Then Nikki noticed a slight change in Sarah's breathing.  It grew slower and deeper and a smile played on her lips.  She slid a hand down and had her suspicions confirmed as she felt a spreading warmth behind the plastic backing of Sarah's diaper.  Nikki didn't do or say anything.  She just left her hand there and kept nuzzling Sarah's neck.

Eventually, Sarah sighed softly and wriggled even closer.  Nikki gave her earlobe a little nibble and whispered: "Feel better?"

"Mm-hmm."

"Do you want me to change you?"  Nikki gave Sarah's slowly swelling diaper a little pat.

"Mmm-no."  Sarah twisted around on her back and looked at Nikki.  "I kind of like being me."

Nikki chuckled.  "You're incorrigible."  Sarah just stuck out her tongue in reply.  "Seriously though."

"I just wanna take a little nap first," Sarah said and pulled the blanket up to cover both of them.

Nikki had to admit it was very comfortable; the warm, fuzzy blanket, the late afternoon sun filtering in around the edges of the blinds, and the comforting weight of Sarah on her arm and shoulder.  She played with Sarah's hair, trying not to get her fingers caught in the tangles.

The next thing Nikki knew, it was almost dark.  She was lying on her back with Sarah's head resting almost face down on her chest.  It took Nikki a moment to realise that Sarah had her lips wrapped around one of her nipples and was sucking it.

"Aww," Nikki said.  "And you keep saying you're not my little baby?"  She chuckled as Sarah rolled over, clearly embarrassed at getting caught red-handed.

"I'm not," Sarah insisted.

"That's not what it looked like ten seconds ago."  Nikki poked Sarah's shoulder repeatedly.

Sarah blew a raspberry at her.

"Yeah, like that's going to help your case for maturity."  Nikki grinned and kissed the top of Sarah's head.  "So, do you want that change now?" she asked after a couple more seconds.

"I think I need a shower more than anything else.  Maybe afterwards."  Sarah slid off the bed and waddled out the door.

Nikki watched her go.  She had to admit she loved watching Sarah walk around in just her diapers.  There was just something adorable about how they made an otherwise confident and independent woman seem, if not helpless then at the very least more vulnerable.  Of course, Nikki admitted to herself, it didn't hurt that Sarah was topless when wearing only diapers.

When she heard the shower start she put the bathrobe that Sarah had undone back on and got off the bed to tidy up the room.  She cracked a window to get some fresh air and shivered momentarily at the cold draught.  She pulled the papasan chair out of the closet and to its normal place in the corner.  The ropes were untied and put in the 'toy box' under the bed along with the vibrator once Nikki got the tape off it.

Once the bedroom looked more or less tidy, Nikki went in to the living room.  It was too early to go to bed just yet.  She fixed herself a drink and put on some music before sitting down on the sofa, leaning back and trying to relax.  Nikki was in the middle of an in-depth study of the ceiling when Sarah came in to the living room wearing sweat pants and a black tank top.  She grabbed Nikki's drink, took a sip and grimaced at the taste of the gin and tonic.

"How can you drink that stuff?"  Sarah got back up and went to the kitchen to get her own drink.  She returned moments later with a bottle of Sprite.

"What?  It's good," Nikki argued.

Sarah sat down on the other end of the sofa and put her feet in Nikki's lap.  "So where were we?  Oh yes, you were apologising for going overboard."

Nikki gave Sarah her best 'you're kidding'-look.

Sarah just smiled innocently back.  "I forgive you," she said cheerfully.  "But it'll cost you a foot-rub."  She wriggled her feet on Nikki's lap.  "And you'd better not have taken any pictures."

"I wish," Nikki mumbled under her breath.

After having bribed her way out of trouble with a twenty-minute foot rub, Nikki decided to try to reintroduce a topic from earlier.  "But seriously, sweetie.  What do you think of going to one of those conventions?  Not to go completely nuts like in your story; Just to look and, I don't know, pick up some fresh ideas, maybe meet new people..."

"You make it sound like it's a summer camp."

"I guess it kind of is."  Nikki chuckled.  "Combined with a big dose of Halloween."

"What do you mean?"

"It's dress-up.  You get to pretend you're someone you're not.  Or maybe show exactly who you are."  Nikki shrugged.  "Could be one, or the other, or maybe a little of both."

"Also," Nikki continued, "most people there are remarkably non-judgemental."

Sarah smiled.  "I guess when everybody's weird it's kind of hard to be prejudiced."

"Yeah," Nikki said quietly.

"Unless you're a furry," Sarah added with a grin.

Nikki rolled her eyes and gave one of Sarah's feet a smack.  "Be nice.  What did the muppets ever do to you?"

Sarah leaned back, ran her hand over her head and stuck out her chin.  "The horror.  The horror," she mumbled, imitating Marlon Brando.

Nikki looked at her for a moment and then she couldn't help herself; she began to snicker.  The snort she made in the middle of her fit of giggles made Sarah's serious demeanour crack and soon they were both laughing uncontrollably.

Eventually they both managed to catch their breath, wheezing and clutching their stomachs.  "Oh God, I nearly needed a change there," Sarah said between hiccups as she struggled back to a somewhat upright position in her corner of the sofa.

"Aaawwww.  C'mere babe."  Nikki pulled Sarah closer and gave her a quick kiss.  They sat quietly like that for almost the entire last song of the playlist.  When Nikki reached for her phone to start a new one, Sarah spoke.

"OK," she said.  "Let's do it."

"Huh?"

"Let's go to one of those conventions," Sarah said and smiled.  "But a couple of conditions."

"OK?"  Nikki put her phone down again.  "What?"

"No diapers in public."

"Not even if they're hidden by clothes?  Regular diapers, I mean.  Not the super-thick ones."

Sarah considered it for a moment.  "Maybe," she finally conceded.  "But I have the final word about wearing them or not."

"That's fair enough.  Anything else?"

"No talking about them in public either."

"Not at all?  Not even just hinting?  We could have code words."

"No. Talking. About. Them. In. Public."  Sarah poked Nikki's shoulder to emphasise every word.

"Fine, fine."  Nikki held up her hands in mock surrender.  "I won't talk about them unless you bring them up."

Sarah considered the technical difference between her demand and Nikki's concession for a moment, then nodded.  "Deal."

"But you're going to be wearing your collar the whole time.  And not just the undercover, velvet one with the cameo; the leather one.  And I will use a leash if I think that's necessary."

"Only if I only get to wear a mask as well," Sarah countered.

Nikki smiled.

"What?!?"

"Look at us negotiating like we're mature adults."  Nikki stroked Sarah's cheek.

"And?  What's so funny about that?"

"It's just that we both know that in a couple of hours, you're going to be lying naked on the bed, waiting for me to put you in your night-time diapers."

"So what?  You know you wouldn't have it any other way."  Sarah turned her head towards Nikki's hand and kissed her palm.

Nikki slipped an arm around Sarah and pulled her closer, and for a long time they just snuggled together, listening to the muted sounds of traffic outside.  Eventually, Nikki broke the silence.

"So, the Halloween idea..."

"Oh don't mind that."  Sarah yawned and stretched.  "I only said that to get you to kiss me."

"Aren't you a sneaky little thing."  Nikki gave Sarah's nose a little flick.  Sarah only giggled and tried to catch Nikki's finger with her teeth.  After another couple of quiet minutes, it was Sarah's turn to speak first.

"So we're really doing this?" she asked, her voice filled with nervous excitement.

"Yeah.  Think of it as a birthday present."

"Not that I mind, but my birthday was three months ago."

"OK, so it's an early birthday present for me then."  Nikki grinned.  "I think you're going to love it.  It'll be the perfect way to round off the summer vacation."

Sarah craned her head back and tried to kiss Nikki.  "Sounds like you have big plans."

"Oh, you just wait and see," she whispered.

• Like 1