LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Incontinence And Msa?

Has anyone ever had to deal with the incontinence associated with multiple system atrophy (MSA)?

My gf's mother was recently diagnosed with this, and she is slowly losing her mind, and her bladder control has pretty much gone out the window as well. I wanted to know how fast this disease progressed, and if bowel incontinence follows as well.

I have read a lot of the literature that can be found online, but I was possibly looking for someone who had any personal experience with this or something like it.

Also, tips for protecting bedding, furniture, etc are appreciated. I am about ready to suggest cloth diapers and plastic pants because of the size of the accidents that have already occurred, but I don't believe the family is ready to admit that there is a problem.

Thanks in advance,

Lilx

For the bed - I use two protection devices. On is a pad that you can get a wal-mart that goes under the sheets to protect the bed or a protective cover that you can get there too. then I use a pad between the bottom sheet and me. I like to use Priva you can get it from cvs here is a link: http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/cvs/gateway/deta...32^subcatid=394

That way if I have a problem at night I dont have to change all the sheets and also if I roll around in bed and move the pad from out from under me my bed is still protected. to protection I dont like to use cloth diapers because they require extra care in cleaning all the time so I use disposables and the brand I think is a personal choice I use two different brands one for the day the other for night. I suggest trying some sample packs that you can get from most online shops. I use xpmedical.com they are fast and discrete.

As far as the family not ready to admit to the problem. This is a though one. For me I was quite about my incontinence for years with my friends but if one of my friends ever came up to me I would of been very imbarrased at first but would feel more conferrable with them after words and would be more willing to talk to them.

I hope this help,

Diaper Mike