LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

How long should you wear a diaper if you don't use it?

marinus18

On 1/11/2021 at 2:08 AM, astrodiaper said:

In my experience, some of my desire to wet and, to a lesser extent, soil diapers came about the same time I hit puberty, around 13.  I had an interest in diapers well before then, but the desire and actually doing it came around 12 or 13. Now, it seems to be a comfort thing, or a way to cope with things in my life, including some unresolved issues in my childhood. I’m currently not wearing as much as I have in the past, depression, other concerns, who knows?  I’ve come to realize that it comes and goes, and that this is a small part of my life. I there are times where I don’t actually use the diaper, and I chide myself for wasting it, but it too is something that happens. 

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I see - that is interesting.  It almost seems to me like the difference must connect to some kind of specific experience (and I suppose that it need not be a childhood experience at that.)  You need not go into detail, but may I ask if it corresponded to a specific event or experience around that time?  I'm sure there are plenty of effects that have no cause, but I was curious.

To use or not to use appears to be as varied a choice as to AB or to DL (not saying they are mutually exclusive, but some forums hereon do talk about the idea.)

7 hours ago, IndianaJ35 said:

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I see - that is interesting.  It almost seems to me like the difference must connect to some kind of specific experience (and I suppose that it need not be a childhood experience at that.)  You need not go into detail, but may I ask if it corresponded to a specific event or experience around that time?  I'm sure there are plenty of effects that have no cause, but I was curious.

To use or not to use appears to be as varied a choice as to AB or to DL (not saying they are mutually exclusive, but some forums hereon do talk about the idea.)

I could use unresolved childhood trauma or some other psychobabble to explain this, but that’s a rabbit hole I’m not sure I want to  explore here. I remember in my pre-preteen years of being somewhat interested in diapers, but not to the point of trying one on.

I remember being in fifth grade and getting a hold of a book about space. Inside the book, there was a mention of how astronauts use the bathroom in space, including wearing something similar to diapers under their suits. On the surface, it was seemingly useless trivia. Of course, the idea of being an astronaut came more into focus when my cousin showed me the program for Space Camp. Some from there, the two ideas connected. 
Do I still want to be an astronaut now? Of course!  I would love to have the opportunity to float out in space, and wet a diaper in my spacesuit. I also know the hazards and the realities as well. I guess this is the closest I get to age play, wearing a flight suit and wetting a diaper, pretending to be an astronaut. Of course, I still pad up outside of my desire to be out in space, it hasn’t been as often as I would like. 
I can see the idea of just wearing and not using. There is something to be said of putting on a fresh diaper. I’m one that unless it’s a Depends pull-up or a Walgreen’s (?) brief, it would seem to be a waste of a good diaper, but that’s me. Especially when they are a bit expensive. (Of course, there’s also the thing about wanting to get more and telling myself that I need to use what I’ve already got.)

• Like 1
On 1/15/2021 at 2:43 AM, astrodiaper said:

I could use unresolved childhood trauma or some other psychobabble to explain this, but that’s a rabbit hole I’m not sure I want to  explore here. I remember in my pre-preteen years of being somewhat interested in diapers, but not to the point of trying one on.

I remember being in fifth grade and getting a hold of a book about space. Inside the book, there was a mention of how astronauts use the bathroom in space, including wearing something similar to diapers under their suits. On the surface, it was seemingly useless trivia. Of course, the idea of being an astronaut came more into focus when my cousin showed me the program for Space Camp. Some from there, the two ideas connected. 
Do I still want to be an astronaut now? Of course!  I would love to have the opportunity to float out in space, and wet a diaper in my spacesuit. I also know the hazards and the realities as well. I guess this is the closest I get to age play, wearing a flight suit and wetting a diaper, pretending to be an astronaut. Of course, I still pad up outside of my desire to be out in space, it hasn’t been as often as I would like. 
I can see the idea of just wearing and not using. There is something to be said of putting on a fresh diaper. I’m one that unless it’s a Depends pull-up or a Walgreen’s (?) brief, it would seem to be a waste of a good diaper, but that’s me. Especially when they are a bit expensive. (Of course, there’s also the thing about wanting to get more and telling myself that I need to use what I’ve already got.)

Understand - hopefully I didn't come across as pushing you too much.  Even after seven or so years on DD, I'm a bit reluctant to share details about my own experiences, regardless of how anonymous I think I may feel hereon.

I think I see what you're saying about the better quality diapers - if you're not going to use them, it seems like a bit of a waste.  I suppose it depends on whether one views a diaper as a tool, or as a symbol.  But enough about that.