LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Rearz and Gary prefold

edwardono

I purchased two each Rearz and Gary XL prefold from www.MyProtex.com during there Cyber Monday sale.  Great sale prices, a gift added to the order and quick shipping. 

I have used each diaper a few times.  I didn't prepare diapers, just used them out of the box.  After each use I have bucket washed the prefold and line dried with a fan (to decrease the drying time.)  I would guess any sizing has been washed out, I don't see any quilting occurring yet. 

At this time, the Gary measures 41"x44" (width by length), the center area with the extra thickness is 10" and it weighs 1.26# dry.  I am not a fabric expert, but I think it's flannel.  It is very soft.  It is surged around the outside edges. 

The Rearz measures 38"x44" and the center is 12.5"   It weighs 1.84# dry.   I think it's a twill fabric. The top and bottom are surged.  The side edges are folded (no seams.)  I suspect the edges of the fabric are in the center extra thickness area.  

I have had one leak, I can't remember which one, due to a containment (diaper cover/plastic-pull pants) failure.  I weighed each one after I took it off, and they were 28.7-34.64 ounces more than when when dry.  They felt damp, but I wouldn't call it soggy by any means.  

For kicks and giggles, I dunked a Gary in the bucket, waited a bit and the wrung it out so it wasn't dripping.  It weighed about six pounds.  

I intend to update this after I prep them properly. 

• edwardono changed the title to Rearz and Gary prefold

I think a smaller size would have fit me (my waist is 41.5" at my belly button line, 39.5"a little lower and thigh 22".)  Using a larger size allows me to have the front of the diaper folded to the thick width with the back able to reach the front comfortably, and the diaper be folded lengthwise so the front is folded down about 12"-13".  This adds absorbency where I need it and reduces leaks. 

You did not say what kind and size of rubber panties you used. The wrong size can be the cause of leaks. You want full coverage of the diaper with some to spare. I can recommend any of those I reviewed in RUBBER PANTIES'R'US (in my siggy) right off Also the Rearz High-Waist Christy or Susan, which I have used since the days of A. C. Medical and still use. but have not yet written the reviews. If you are new to this "sport" I recommend reading the whole page since it contains tips on evaluation prior to purchase and care of the itmes

Also, since your procedures did not follow the instructions, I do not know how reliable your results are