LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Pinned Disposables?

Guest John_Q_Sample

Guest John_Q_Sample

I don't ever remember being put into cloth diapers, they were always disbosable. But I can clearly remember the pink headed safety pins at my side and my training pants as well... So my question is this: Early 70's- Was there a short period where disposables were pinned on and without tape? Is my memory faulty?

I just googled it, and in the Wikipedia article about Pampers it mentions that in the 1970's

Procter and Gamble replaced the pin on design with tapes in 1971 so that parents could take a quick peek at what was going on in the diaper and save their fingers from any accidents.

That was the only reference to the pin on design I could find. It didn't mention it in the bit about the 1960's. But as you can see from the time of this post, I wasn't looking for long. So I'm sure that if you wanted to find out more about it, there would be something somewhere.

Guest John_Q_Sample

Well that seems feasible then... its quite possible that my dipes were a bit old and therefore cheaper... plus I am sure not all companys switched at exactly the same time... :thumbsup::thumbsup: thank you Sunshine! You should do professional researching with such a great response time!!!