LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Onesie

I GOT MY VERY FIRST ONESIE TODAY! hehe *jumps up and down excitedly* It's my very first piece of AB clothing (if you don't count diapers)!

It's really nice...a lil big...but if I wash it once and dry it on a moderate heat, since (i think) it's not pre-shrunk and it's made of cotton, it'll shrink a lil, right? But yet I wouldn't want it too shrink to TOO small... hmmmmmmmm...Any advice? I can't return it for a smaller size, I got it off an Ebay auction...The chest fits okay, but it's mostly the length that's the problem. My friend says she could try and hem it...but how do you hem a onesie?

~ Confuzzled Pipi Moogs

I GOT MY VERY FIRST ONESIE TODAY! hehe *jumps up and down excitedly* It's my very first piece of AB clothing (if you don't count diapers)!

It's really nice...a lil big...but if I wash it once and dry it on a moderate heat, since (i think) it's not pre-shrunk and it's made of cotton, it'll shrink a lil, right? But yet I wouldn't want it too shrink to TOO small... hmmmmmmmm...Any advice? I can't return it for a smaller size, I got it off an Ebay auction...The chest fits okay, but it's mostly the length that's the problem. My friend says she could try and hem it...but how do you hem a onesie?

~ Confuzzled Pipi Moogs

I got advice, but you probably don't want to here it. Don't worry over time it will ware down.

I got advice, but you probably don't want to here it. Don't worry over time it will ware down.

Why wouldn't I want to hear your advice, BigBoy? And what do you mean by "wear down"? I would think (as in my experience with other clothing articles) that instead of getting smaller, the clothing will stretch out from use and become bigger. Unless, of course, you gained weight. Then the clothing would fit better. But if gaining weight was your advice, then yeah, I don't think I'd want to hear that. I'm on the road of losing weight, not gaining it. If your advice was something other than that, I'd like to hear it.

~ Pipi

If you want the onsie to shrink you can wash warm and dry it on medium heat, but I'm too sure how much it will shrink. That varies by fabric and the likes. If it's out of the normal T-shirt material it will stretch after it does shrink. As for hemming a onsie, it can be done but I've always found sewing t-shirt material a pain, jersy knit cotton is very unforgiving especial to the novice seamstress.

Take care

Jedward :)

On the Ebay auction it says, "Garment does stretch like T-shirt material". Hmm. I hope I can get it to shrink enough that it'll fit better. At least next time I know to get a size or two smaller than usual, because it'd stretch.

• 1 year later...
Guest Mandi Danielle

Sorry to hear about your illfitting onesie.

I got one a couple years back that was too big, and the "t-shirt" material. You mentioned that you are currently losing weight? I may not have the best idea, but I say put your onesie you just bought up for auction (You may lose 5 dollars, but it doesn't fit properly anyways) and buy a proper fitting one.