LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diapers Vs. Anxiety Disorder

just sharing more of my story, it helps me to share.

now when i normaly start to get depressed, the first thing that happens is i no longer want to leave my house. and as i progress deeper and deeper, i go from there, to not wanting to leave my room... and from there to not eatting, sleeping, leaving my room for any reason, and just laying on my bed almost without end. - this right here is the point where i used to break out my diapers.

i came out of a horrable depression about a few months ago, and am now to one of the points where i can feel myself going back into another depression.

now i may have mentioned, but i don't think so, that I hate medication and try to avoid it if i am able... and i'm broke, so i couldn't afford it anyway.

anyway, recently i have made a sort of new rule. now insted of waiting for the pit of my depression, i recently started wearing them when ever i hit one of my walls. and by wall i mean an internal force that normaly prevents me from doing something, i.e. leaving the house, my room, eatting, so forth. and even tho i have only been running this experiment about a week i must say the results are pretty amazing for me.

i get up to go out, get three feet from the door and i hit a wall, something inside me doesn't want to leave, almost an overwelming fear or anxieity, but most assuradly a very uncomfortable feeling when i aproach the door to leave, so i turn around as sit on the couch a few moments... then up on my feet, to my room and throw on a diaper. get dressed and head for the door again...

all of a suden, poof, i'm outside... this is actualy a big thing for me... i'm not saying the uncomfortable anxieity is gone entierly, but i certainly don't notice it.

it's not magic, no sir. i still need what you may call a safty person to get out the door, but i am able to leave under circumstances that i in the past was unable to overcome.

now it's kinda funny that in a way you could say that i am wearing diapers for "Medical Reasons". i could probbably even keep a straight face as i said it. i have come to the conclusion of "why should i be ashamed of this if it helps me so much." not that i'm ever going to envolve others in it, just talking self acceptance here.

anyway, i'm going to continue with my experiment through out my depression cycle, and try to take note of the changes i can see in my self. perhaps even talk about the issue with my shrink, but i don't want to make him uncomfortable... it's not really his field of psycology. untill then, i guess i will continue my quest for the perfect diaper ;) i swear it's like the Holy Grail sometimes. :lol:

I agree. Sometimes the solution is as simple as changing your diet and working out on a regular basis. Going out on my sailboat or riding my bike on the path along the beach is one of the things I do to get out of my slumps. I find that when I don't ride or sail that my anxiety level goes up and later I can get depressed. Fortunately, I don't suffer from depression that bad but when I see the signs comming I drop everything and go for a ride or a sail.

When I quit smoking 18 years ago I learned that exercise affects the pleasure centers of the brain like alcohol or tobacco does and it is a very healthy replacement to addicting behavior.

Hope this helps

Stay Pampered

SoCalAB

I dont think anti-depressant pills are the answer. Who knows what trash is being put into your body.

If wearing diapers works then do it! Its not unhealthy, it doesnt hurt anyone and it makes you feel better. Keep us posted with your progress.

aww what a very moving story! i wish u had ur safety person to get out the door and to even go with u but.... sounds like diapers are ur safety net for now! Let them be exactly that! Dont fight it just do it! They are comforting u, and makin u feel better so just do it! And to be honest , im sure ur "shrink" would be just fine with u talkin to him about that! If hes uncomfortable talkin about a diaper makin u feel better then he may be in the wrong field of work. Believe me, hes talked about way more "uncomfortable" topics than diapers, I can assure u! I am around in chat if u wanna talk, or if i can help in anyway! I have yahoo also if u want my ID just let me know! Im capable of being a very good friend when ya need one! Bless ur heart and good luck! Im here for u if u need me, honest! HUGS!

Curious

again thanks for the replies.

just thought i would say that i know about physical activity helping with depression, only problem is i getting out the door to begin with. but i'm working on it, and it's getting better.

i'm going to keep posting my updates here when i have them... it seems to help me confront the issue.

I didn't sleep well last night, I kept having the sensation of spiders running up and down my arms and back every time i started to doze off, i don't like spiders. I remember my father locking me in the garden tool shed, and telling me something along the lines of "I had better be quiet or else the spiders would come eat me" i can't stand the feel of a spider web on my face, or spiders in general.

diaper helped, but not compleetly. i was trying a pull-up type, and they just don't feel the same, may have had better results with a tape-on brief, if it happens again i'll have to remember to try. but the point is i was still actualy able to get to sleep, but not till around 5am.