LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

First Timer

So after a lenghly debate with myself, I've decided that I'm going to try and use diapes for the first time since I needed them. This is quite exciting for me as I've been mulling this over for a very long time now. :) So if I can for some ideas on how to make this a great first time experience because I know this is something I'll want to keep doing. So I guess the biggest question I've got is what kind of diaper I should be using? I'm about 6 foot even, 150 pounds with a 29 waist give or take to these numbers. I am a diaper lover but I do enjoy baby print and no, I'm not a sissy but I am a boy (18). Also, are there any others things I should pick up like a pacificer or bottle or something to make the experience more perfect? Input on the diaper situation would be greatly appriciated as well as any other supplies I could look into. Thanks everyone :P

Snowboy :D

Guest diamondback688

well...you should start out with a diaper made by Depends, since they are readily available at any grocery store or drug store...if you plan on wetting and/or messing baby wipes and powder are a must...as for baby bottles and things of that nature, thats up to you...as for baby print, you wont fit into any of the diapers that have a baby print, but you could make your own...just buy a couple sheets of barney or other baby stickers...

Their packaging all looks very similar now. What you want is the "Maximum protection fitted briefs." They are a 20 count (in medium which is your size), have six tape tabs, plastic backing, leg gathers, standing inner leak guards, etc. I.e. they are a diaper, and not a pull up. If you get any other product of their, it will be a pull-up, and will feel different (and do a much poorer job when it comes time to actually use it.)

Being your first time, it will be special, regardless. :) Any mass-merchandised diaper will be of about the same quality: thin, but usable. I prefer the Wal-Mart "Maximum Absorbancy" diapers, as they're a bit cheaper and they don't crinkle as much (the padding extends higher up the back). But you may not want to stand in the Wal-Mart checkout lane for your first purchase...

I say go for it; give 'em try: but I'm going to go along with the others, until you feel comfortable, go with the lower end diapers, I'd like to suggest the Assurance over the depends (I hate those); and don't go with the pull-up look for the "fitted-briefs" (I hate calling them that).....Enjoy!!!!

It's been a while since I've bought Depends MaxP's, but I remember them being less than $15 a pack.

They're certainly good for getting started in diapers, easily available, but they're certainly not the thickest or most absorbent diaper. After I'd been wearing them for a few months, I got tired of the leaks and started doubling them up. Take one of the Depends and make small cuts in the plastic backing, then place it inside the other diaper and tape them both on. That helps a lot, and makes for a thicker babyish-looking diaper, too. Of course, you'll go through diapers twice as fast, though...

Good luck...

wv

you can get wipes and that stuff at any drug store or grocery store like CVS Pharmacy or Walgreens

The best thing to do is order a sample pack from Xp medical they are cheaper then a pack of diapers and you can see what you like?? the best ones are abena x-plus and attends...That way you can see what you love and not be embarassed buying takes about three days to get them..

Thanks alot, I appriciate the advice for doubleing up the diapers. I was woundering how long it was before you were comfertable enough with diapers to wet them? I know this is a personal experience question but I am a little...curious? Maybe not the right word but I'm trying to figure stuff out and if you would suggest a first timer to try wetting or if that's moving a little to fast. Sorry, but I'm really excited over this and am trying to figrue things out a little bit more.

Thanks again

Guest diamondback688

if you want to wet them, just make sure you have a place to throw them away that nobody will notice...and if you have to wait to throw them away, make sure you put the wet ones in a zip-lock freezer bag so they wont smell...