LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

First Cloth Baby Panties?

The Ebay auction I downloaded the image from said that it was a 1942 ad so these kinds of things may have been around as long as plastic panties, the first of which were said to be home-made during the war with plastic being used because rubber was rationed

If that is true then there must be something special about rubber and plastic for wetproof panties. I have always said that, judging from what I have seen from about 1950 to 1969, mommies enjoyed feeling the material. maybe not all of them, but certainly many or even most. They would rub their hands along the panties after pulling them up in place, and from the sound the rubbing made, it was too soft to be straightening them out and when I was diapered between ages 6-2/3 and 8 during the day and until I was 9-3/4 at night, I got an occasional panty-rubbing, too as did Linda. For as long as I have known, the waterproofing has let go after awhile. It does not say how the Batiste was waterproofed

Apparently we also have what appear to be the first throw-away diaper on record, even before prefolds

1942.jpg

In the Diaper Museum there is a "Softex" panty; I believe Valex. Now we know what "Softex" is. A key to how viable that was is that Kleinert's was aming plastic adult panties as late as 1980

Still, it might be interesting to see a history of the attempts to replace rubber panties with something else. At least we can trace it back 70 years and they are still the best

Speaking of the Diaper Museum, I could zip up some of the material from RUFFLES & RIBBONS GIRLS' HOME and ship it up to whoever takes care of that and it can be a REAL museum; going back to 1871. Why not put a direct link to it somewhere on the main board screen?

EIDT: In fact it is ready to go, If I cannot send it to you directly, I will put it in the Girls' HOme and send you a link to download it. If that is the case, do let me know that you have it