LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

P&g Has An Ab Room And Their Execs Play As Babies, Apparently.

For most of us, this is all we really want to read out of the above.

"CINCINNATI -- Deb Henretta, Procter & Gamble Co.'s PG -0.53% president of global baby care, put on a pair of thickglasses and checked to make sure her eyesight was blurry. Her legs dangling from a giant cherry-red chair, she peered out at a group of colleagues. An oversized crib and a six-foot-tall changing table sat in the corner.

Ms. Henretta watched as her marketing director put on some gardening gloves and attempted to tie the laces on a tiny pair of Keds sneakers. Her advertising manager has been known to crawl on hands and knees across the floor at shin level. Other managers have struggled to eat spaghetti with big wooden serving spoons or sit through meetings gnawing on huge, specially baked eight-inch-wide bagels.

These executives hope that in mimicking the infant experience they will come up with a new way to sell Pampers disposable diapers. They also hope to crack a larger riddle now facing consumer-products companies: how to continue to command premium prices for household staples during a recession."

"To prepare the launch, Ms. Henretta is encouraging managers to think of Pampers more broadly. So, she holds meetings in a conference room at Pampers headquarters that is decorated like an outsized nursery. When managers put on the thick eyeglasses, they have the vision of a baby, Ms. Henretta says. When they fumble tying shoelaces with gardening gloves, they have the coordination of a toddler. (Ms. Henretta herself has done the shoe test so many times she can actually tie the laces.) Ms. Henretta wants her team to "mimic the experience of a child.""

Interesting read.

For most of us, this is all we really want to read out of the above.

"CINCINNATI -- Deb Henretta, Procter & Gamble Co.'s PG -0.53% president of global baby care, put on a pair of thickglasses and checked to make sure her eyesight was blurry. Her legs dangling from a giant cherry-red chair, she peered out at a group of colleagues. An oversized crib and a six-foot-tall changing table sat in the corner.

Ms. Henretta watched as her marketing director put on some gardening gloves and attempted to tie the laces on a tiny pair of Keds sneakers. Her advertising manager has been known to crawl on hands and knees across the floor at shin level. Other managers have struggled to eat spaghetti with big wooden serving spoons or sit through meetings gnawing on huge, specially baked eight-inch-wide bagels.

These executives hope that in mimicking the infant experience they will come up with a new way to sell Pampers disposable diapers. They also hope to crack a larger riddle now facing consumer-products companies: how to continue to command premium prices for household staples during a recession."

"To prepare the launch, Ms. Henretta is encouraging managers to think of Pampers more broadly. So, she holds meetings in a conference room at Pampers headquarters that is decorated like an outsized nursery. When managers put on the thick eyeglasses, they have the vision of a baby, Ms. Henretta says. When they fumble tying shoelaces with gardening gloves, they have the coordination of a toddler. (Ms. Henretta herself has done the shoe test so many times she can actually tie the laces.) Ms. Henretta wants her team to "mimic the experience of a child.""

Interesting read.

Really interesting find, I have always thought about the inner workings of the diaper industry as a whole, but never in my life thought I'd find out something like this. I wonder what goes on at adult diaper divisions of similar companies. Do they make people walk around in Depends or Attends at their parent companies? I spoke to a woman at Tena years ago about their products when I was ordering a sample over the phone and she said she had tried all of the Tena products at various stages before as a way of reassuring me of the quality, I wonder if this is common practice at all companies?

• 2 weeks later...