LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

When Others Find Out....

Having been a DL all of my life, I found myself permenantly incontinent due to a car crash and nerve damage. It has been almost a year now, and I am adjusting pretty well. I just had another neck surgery, and this was really the first time I was open about wearing diapers. I was in the hospital overnight, and this was obviously obvious. They made no big deal about it and neither did I. I was able to change my own diaper, only once, shortly after surgery, did someone else change it. I don’t remember who or when as I was pretty drugged.

But, it was extremely comfortable for me to just have it known that I was wearing diapers. No explanations, no problems, no long tedious discussions…it just was.

The only assistance I needed, was help into the bathroom..once inside, leaning against the wall, I was able to change my diaper.

The whole situation got so comfortable that I was just walking into the bathroom in the diaper, and returning to my bed the same way.

I am sure my room mate noticed, and I was in plain view of the nurse, who had to be there to make sure I did not fall.

And, it was so empowering.

So, this ended up being a great experience for me.

The other situation came in a conversation with my sister. I have not told any of my family members about being back in diapers.

The other day, just before surgery, I was speaking with my sister and she flat out said “Ya know Joe, you have been pretty lucky. A lot of people with your neck and back injuries end up back in diapers

Glad you are happy in your nappy.

Although it really sucks that it had to come at the price of being majorly injured. Hopefully you can be restored to mostly normal physical shape.

Hi, Joe Basic and Everyone,

Growing up, until puberty, I did not wet my bed at home. However, like all my sisters, my bladder was small and over-active. Our Mom and Granny Vi were totally urinary incontinent. Mom and her sisters started out with some control, but reverted to bedwetting at puberty and to total urinary incontinence ib their late teens.

So, when we were on trips and special events, Mom nicely asked us to wear 'just-in-case' diapers. She always admitted she wore diapers 24/7. Mom explained that while she hoped we would retain bladder control, we also needed to be prepared should we revert to wetting.

We were taught to be reasonably discreet about our diapers, but to never attempt to keep them a top secret. Granny and Mom explained that a need for diapers is not a secret that can be kept from everyone. While finding out about our diapers might embarrass the other person briefly, should we be caught in some kind of 'cover-up' when our diaper need was revealed, to consequences to us would be major.

So, when we were wearing our just-in-case diapers, we found it best to start making the diaper jokes, ahead of an outsider. Once we laughed about them, it was not possible for an outsider to tease us.

Although when I started working in a law office after school at 14 I only needed diapers for bed, I confided in the woman attorney partner who was my mentor. I also confided that sometimes I needed just-in-case day diapers. She assured me that if I ever felt the need to wear a diaper at work or a work event, I should do so without any embarrassment.

In July of 2013 I celebrate my 20th year as a partner of that same law firm.

In 1990 I turned to AB play as a coping strategy for the depression my diapers had caused me. Now while my AB activities are hardly a top secret, I am even more circumspect about this with outsiders. Still, things go wrong. For example:

In January 1991 I was a Second Year Associate Attorney. A Partner, four other Associates and several staff were at a hotel while in trial of a major corporate case. All of us Associates had private rooms. I was diapered and dressed for bed, while reading a stack of legal papers about 11 P.M. As I would have done at home, I was wearing a Onesies with a MAM pacifier clipped to my left collar.

There was a knock at my door. I put on a pink grown-up sheer peignoir before opening my door. There was the Senior Partner, who was staring at the pacifier dangling from my collar, not covered by my peignoir. He blushed as he asked me for some reference material, which I gave him. Before he left I simply lied that I was quitting smoking, without mentioning my pacifier. Clearly he accepted that explanation, although he had seen me at a hundred social situations at which I was the only non-smoker.

See, the thing is that unless we ourselves make a big deal about exposure of our diapers or even AB ways, our careers and happiness do not end!