LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Can A Dental Retainer If Worn While One Sucks Their Thumb/Pacifier Prevent Teeth From Shifting?

iCrinkle2

Hey everyone,

So I did a search and didn't come up with anything on this. While it's known that using a pacifier or sucking on your thumb in the long term can cause teeth to shift as a adult. I was wondering if you where to wear a retainer anytime while you used a pacifier is that would prevent your teeth from shifting?

I've never had braces and have excellent teeth however it wasn't always like that since I came from south korea and was a orphan for the first 11 month of my life and had pretty bad malnutrition I had horrible teeth while growing up, but after i came to the United States and was given good food my teeth straightened them selves out over time as a adult. yay. So thats why I'm asking. I know if I use my pacifier with out a retainer I'm sure to screw up my teeth over time. But if any of you are dentist or know anything that might help please leave a comment. I have health care so if I need to I'll go out and get a retainer.

-thanks

Paige

Archived