LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tena Slip Breathable - The End Of Smooth Plastic Tenas?

I was shopping online for some new packs of Tena Slip and found Tena Slip Breathable for sale from Farmaline (a Belgian/French online pharmacy that ships all over Europe).

http://www.farmaline.be/pharmacie/produits/tena/commander/tena-slip-maxi-breath-medium-24-pices/

There is no mention of this new product variation on Tena's own websites, I've tried their regional sites as sometimes product announcements are only made on some sites but not others, such as the Slip Ultima and Pants Maxi products, but there's no sign of them.

The "breathable" products are priced slightly higher than the classic products we know and enjoy, so my guess is Tena is following Abena in introducing this before they begin to phase-out the older version, like how Abena introduced "Abri-Form Premium" before replacing the smooth plastic version with the cotton-back version and ending production this year.

Lille did the same thing last year too, but they were more sudden. So that means Lille, Abena and Tena have all moved on from smooth-plastic backed diapers. Time to stock up, I think.

Does anyone have any insight into the matter?

I wonder if they are doing like some of the other European brands, having the plastic center with the wings cloth like? I've been noticing this trend quite a bit too.

Those are "wings" or "flex" diapers and aren't quite the same thing - they've been around since at least 2002/2003.

Can easily get both plastic and cloth like covered plastic Tena slip maxis, Abena's M4's etc from places like save express and eurodl.

Not sure what will happen when it's only cloth like backed ones though....

However Contifit Maxi are still plastic and very very thick (and hold as much as Abena abri-form x plus M4) and haven't heard of any plans of them changing.

Euron Form Super Plus sadly went to cloth like backed a while ago.

And if your concerned about all nappies going cloth-like backed eventually, they are aimed at the incontience market for discreetion not AB/DL's. The nappies for AB/DL's won't ever go to cloth like covered unless the customers want that on certain products.

Such as the Bambino ones, the Cuddlz ones, the ones off Abuniverse(Bmx hmmm, SDK, Cushies) if you want to risk it and import them from usa.

Also Buntewindel aka Fabine Exclusive hold TONS and TONS, is really thick, has tape landing zones like tena slip maxi and bambinos and are available from their manufactors germany site now or from the not so good abuniverse soon.

Buntewindel caters for AB/DL as it's an AB/DL manufactor and has designs or can come plain, and is PLASTIC only and coming from germany is much cheaper than uk.

I wonder if they are built in-house or use another diaper design.... Like Bambinos originally are based on Secure X Plus.

Only downside to them is price, but they could quite easily beat DRY 24/7 I reckon. Although not tried DRY 24/7.

The Buntewindel nappy I tried held 2x as much as what an abena x plus holds without clumping like abenas can do.

AB/DL aware/supporting shops like save express, eurodl and abuniverse will certainly stock up on plastic backed nappies for their customers before they die out...

Im not referring to flex or wing diapers.... http://www.dailydiap...llery&album=945 molicare and some other european diaper companies are going towards the wings being cloth and the center still plastic. Some of the ''air" briefs are of this nature.

Yes Molicare super have plastic front and back, but cloth-like sides.

The uk Attends are the same now.