LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Fun With Phishing Scams

hidden

You do realize the registry itself is a telemarketing scam, right?

The government has a license on that registry for a number of years. Once that license expires they will sell it off to the highest bidder and *poof* another string of telemarketing companies gets your number.

Nope! Not true.

I am amazed in 2011 people still have home phones. I ditched mine years ago and never missed it. A completely unnecessary expense in my opinion.

And what do you do when you drop your cellphone and need to call 911 because someone is breaking into your house, but can't because you don't have a phone?

My cellphone is just a backup work phone and doesn't have very many minutes. It's just for a few short calls per month. My home phone is how my family generally contacts me, unless I'm on the internet.

DNC is good for legal purposes if these companies get to the point of actually harassing you.

If you have caller ID, you can always write down their number and file an FCC consumer complaint.

If you still get calls from them despite filing a complaint, call the police, provide them the # of the spam-caller, and they'll take care of it. Cursing at the criminals won't do much.

I splurged for caller ID recently. It doesn't work on telemarketers. They keep coming up as "Unknown". But that does keep me from answering them. They used to start calling about the time I was getting on the internet, but I'd unplug the line when they called and then plug it back in. Or pick up and hang back up on them. If they start doing it again, I'm going to tell my modem not to wait for a dial tone and give them an ear full of modem noise.

Home phones still make sense when you live in rural areas where cellular signal is not the best.

Also if you don't have unlimited cellphone plans and whatnot. Most of the time, my cellphone is just a glorified paper weight.

• 2 weeks later...