LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Why Don'T They Make Gender Specific Diapers Anymore?

There was a commercial for the pink and blue diapers around 1988. I remember two kids drinking apple juice from a sippy cup and the commercial announcer talked about additional padding where each gender needed it most. Anybody have that commercial?

I still remember seeing the store display for the gender specific diapers at the grocery store, I sooo wanted a package of the pink ones at the time, but I was "too old" since I was in kindergarten and all. <_<

There was a commercial for the pink and blue diapers around 1988. I remember two kids drinking apple juice from a sippy cup and the commercial announcer talked about additional padding where each gender needed it most. Anybody have that commercial?

There was a commercial for the pink and blue diapers around 1988. I remember two kids drinking apple juice from a sippy cup and the commercial announcer talked about additional padding where each gender needed it most.

I remember it (well, before I saw it upthread :)). The "leakage" was quite visible. I've seen print ads for that product with a baby girl wearing very soggy sweats.

Another reason gendered diapers did not stay popular: I read a diaper review in Consumer Reports around that time. In their words, "gravity and a child's posture make more of a difference in where padding is effective". They dressed children in "opposite" gender diapers and there were no differences in leak prevention.

Wow!

Thanks "timmyc" for posting that commercial! I couldn't seem to find it when I looked on youtube last night. I kept thinking they were made by Pampers, but that was probably just my Pampers bias kicking in again. :blush:

Another reason gendered diapers did not stay popular: I read a diaper review in Consumer Reports around that time. In their words, "gravity and a child's posture make more of a difference in where padding is effective". They dressed children in "opposite" gender diapers and there were no differences in leak prevention.

Did you happen to read that in a Consumer Reports issue from 1989? The reason I ask is because I seem to remember seeing that as well. I use to have that issue several years ago, no telling where it is now. Probably lost it during one of the 'teenage purges' we all seem to have had at one time or another. Cool to remember this again. ^_^

Wow!

Thanks "timmyc" for posting that commercial! I couldn't seem to find it when I looked on youtube last night. I kept thinking they were made by Pampers, but that was probably just my Pampers bias kicking in again. :blush:

Huggies and Luvs each had versions, I don't recall Pampers ever having gender specific until Underjams

Did you happen to read that in a Consumer Reports issue from 1989? The reason I ask is because I seem to remember seeing that as well. I use to have that issue several years ago, no telling where it is now. Probably lost it during one of the 'teenage purges' we all seem to have had at one time or another. Cool to remember this again. ^_^

Most likely that was the one.