LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

My Experience As A Late Potty Trainer

I was a late potty trainer as a child and can remember having to wear diapers well beyond the age of all the other kids I knew at the time. It wasn't until I was about 4 and 1/2 that I started to get self conscious about the fact that I was still in diapers while my friends were all potty trained. I remember feeling more like a toddler than a big kid because I was still wearing and using diapers and having very mixed emotions about my situation. On one hand, I remember enjoying the extra attention and security that being in diapers brought to me. Over time I started to feel more embarrassed about having to wear diapers and not being potty trained.

By the time I was 5, my mom had tried to potty train me a few times without success. I had trouble controlling my bowels due to having irritable bowel syndrom (IBS) and was put back in diapers soon after each attempt. I remember feeling defeated once I was back in diapers again and was upset with my body. I also felt mad at my mom for making me stay in diapers - I still have some of these feelings today. In retrospect, it was probably the only option she had at the time since I was the one with the control issue, but it was still very hard for me to accept.

I remember feeling a lot of pressure and different because I was not potty trained. Our society seems to place a lot of weight and focus on potty training, and for those of us still struggling with this milestone, there is an underlying sense of failure. I remember feeling this way anytime the topic of my lack of potty training came up with my mom and I overheard the conversation.

I finally was potty trained just before starting kindergarten and remember feeling so proud of myself for getting to wear underpants during the day (I still wore diapers at night). Something strange started to happen to the way I felt soon thereafter however, because I started to miss my diapers and wanted to go back in them. Fortunately, my mom obliged a few times when I had a flare up of IBS and she would keep me in diapers until I gained back control. Eventually I outgrew this and stopped bedwetting and my diapers were gone for good.

I missed being in diapers and started to have strong feelings about wearing them again as I got older. As a teenager I really wanted to wear diapers and go back to my pre-potty training days. I discovered diapers again as a young adult and as soon as I started wearing them again I felt at peace. I struggled for many years about feeling ashamed about my late potty training and wearing diapers so late into childhood, but you can't change the past.

It is great to have a community here that embraces wearing diapers and I feel safe sharing my past experiences and strong feelings about wanting to wear diapers as an adult.

I went through some of the same experiences, so you are not alone. I was in diapers until age 3 on a regular basis and I can even remember my parents friends picking on me. I would feel self conscious having my diaper changed in front of them. Mostly though I was a heavy sleeper, which meant bed wetter. Up until the age of 8 my mom would diaper me every night. I remember hating it, but if I went to a friends house I always wet their bed, so I didn't do many sleepovers.

My sisters always made fun of me for this and still bring it up today, 16 years later. Sometime between 8 and 9 my mom stopped diapering me at night, just randomly. She never said why and never mentioned why, just one night it stopped. It was weird because I hated it all those years, but soon after I missed diapers. This went on for about four years, where I occasionally would look for diapers in the house.

Finally at the age of 12 I found the right opportunity to buy diapers while my parents were in another store. I had a key to the car so I ran them back to the car and hide them. The whole way home I feared they would find them, but I was very excited too. Finally snuck them up to my room and put one on as I started to get "excited" at the smell, look, and feel of a fresh diaper. I put one on, laid down, and rubbed myself on my mattress, bringing myself to my first ever orgasm.

It scared me to death, but ended up loving diapers from there on out and have not stopped since. So a late potty trainer, bed wetter, turned into a diaper lover. Almost got caught a couple of times, but mom played it off well thankfully. I think she knew for some years though, finding websites like this online and randomly finding diapers.

It wasn't until I was about 4 and 1/2 that I started to get self conscious about the fact that I was still in diapers while my friends were all potty trained.

I have always wondered about peer pressure vis a vis potty training. I would have thought that the self awareness you experienced at 4.5 would have happened earlier. Did the other kids point out that they didn't wear diapers? At 4.5 I knew I didn't want to wear the diaper thing my Mom brought home for my bedwetting problem but I didn't know why.

I don't remember any peer pressure but in my situation it wasn't a public issue.

Anondl

I have always wondered about peer pressure vis a vis potty training. I would have thought that the self awareness you experienced at 4.5 would have happened earlier. Did the other kids point out that they didn't wear diapers? At 4.5 I knew I didn't want to wear the diaper thing my Mom brought home for my bedwetting problem but I didn't know why.

I don't remember any peer pressure but in my situation it wasn't a public issue.

Anondl

It is hard to pinpoint exactly when I started to get sensitive to the fact that I was still in diapers while other kids my age were potty trained, but I do remember being at a birthday party for one of them in the summer when I was 4 1/2 and it was obvious that I was the only one there wearing diapers. I remember being at the party and wearing shorts over my diapers that didn't hide them very well and the other kids pointing out that I was in diapers - it was so embarrassing for me. I probably knew that I was unique for being still being in diapers before that age, but that event was a pretty big memory for me and I got ulta-sensitive to being in diapers from that point on.

I remember trying to hide the fact that I was wearing diapers numerous times while out in public and being very aware of the looks I got from other people because they noticed I was still in diapers at my age. Other moms seemed to be the most interested in why I was still wearing diapers past the normal potty training age and they were the ones that would ask my mom. I desperately wanted to be a normal child during those days and not draw negative attention to myself. I remember pleading with my mom on more than one occassion to let me wear training pants and a few times she did allow it.

• Like 1