LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The Best Cloth Diapers

Ok so i have my own place now and I am thinking about trying cloth diapers and want to buy the best there is. I were a medium breif or size 36 pants so any help would be great...

wethills19

The BEST? That's a tall order as styles and preferences vary. I suspect that all your experience has been with disposables. Correct? So go back to basics. Flat square diapers that you fold to a desired thickness and pin on yourself (unless you do have help!). Go to eBay and find Granitsmith under cloth birdseye diapers and order a dozen flat 36x36 square heavyweight cloth diapers. These will be your outer diapers. Then again with Granitsmith, order the 21x40 gauze diapers to use inside your birdseye squares. These you fold to add all the thick absorbance where you want it. Flat cloth diapers wash and dry in a jiffy. You will need some pins and plastic pants, too.

Personally, I put alot of cloth in the bottom and back of the diaper and not much up front because I don't want a bulge up front to show and also I sit alot and want the padding where the pee goes. Natural wicking of cotton draws wetness into the back of the diaper from what's saturated in the crotch. Also you will know it's time for a change when you reach inside your plastic pants and feel the wetness around your pins. "Soaked to the pins" is a full diaper.

Don't get cheap plastic pants unless you want them to tear and leak. Comco for durability or Babykins for that great light baby look and feel.

Adult sized cloth pre-folds are bulky and take much longer to dry. They are someone else's idea of a folded diaper. And they are more expensive.

You may want to try snap-on diapers or velcro cloth diapers. Just be prepared to wright them off when they no longer fit due to shrinkage, and to accept their limited wetness capacity.

Confused? Try this for starters. Quick, cheap and easy. Go to Goodwill or Sal Army thrift stores and get four or five flannel baby receiving blankets. Usually only $1 each. Experiment with these first. Learn what folds and feels good to you.

Best part of cloth diapers is that they are reuseable. Just do your laundry and you're all set to begin again. And if you find that cloth is not for you, then you have some of the best cleaning cloth available for dusting, windows, your car, etc.

Have fun experimenting in your cloth diapers.

HAPPINESS IS WEARING COTTON DIAPERS

• 2 weeks later...

You could start by using regular cloth diapers, like a 27 X 27 birdseye diaper and a receiving blanket for an outer diaper which can be found and any wall-mart, k-mart or target for about $20 to get you started.

I also have a 36" waist with small hips and can easly wear a 27 X 27 birdseye diaper.

I usually use 2 birdseye diapers with toddler prefolds as stuffers in between the 2 birdseye diapers with comco plastic pants.

enjoy