LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Vacation

My lady and I are going on vacation to Thailand, and we will be flying out on the 27th of September and coming back the 8th of October. I don't fly much, so I don't know how this works. How in the heck am I going to be able to carry all of my night diapers? We are brining extra bags for stuff we buy, but we should only need one bag to carry our stuff (though not tested since we are bringing dive stuff).

I plan on carrying 3 diapers with me for carry-on since the first flight is 26 hours. I'll also have 3 for the return trip...but the rest are for nights only. FYI a bag of Molicare Super Plus is only 14 diapers.

Any ideas?

If you're bringing extra suitcases for stuff to bring back, fill them with your diapers on the way out and when you come back, you'll have gone through the diapers so you'll have room for whatever it is you buy there to bring back.

I do one of two things on a long trip:

For trips longer then about 4 days if possible I ship my diaper supply to the destination hotel noting to hold until arrival (give date and confirmation number). This works well for US and Canadian cities. If we are moving around then I pack a duffle bag in the box. This works out well as my partner loves to shop for souvenirs and we now have something to pack them in.

If shipping isn't practical then I either pack my largest suitcase if it will hold enough as I just did for a trip last week for 4 days. Or, I use an extra bag, usually a duffle type one. That way I can collapse it and pack it for the return home.

Have a great time.

I do one of two things on a long trip:

For trips longer then about 4 days if possible I ship my diaper supply to the destination hotel noting to hold until arrival (give date and confirmation number). This works well for US and Canadian cities. If we are moving around then I pack a duffle bag in the box. This works out well as my partner loves to shop for souvenirs and we now have something to pack them in.

If shipping isn't practical then I either pack my largest suitcase if it will hold enough as I just did for a trip last week for 4 days. Or, I use an extra bag, usually a duffle type one. That way I can collapse it and pack it for the return home.

Have a great time.

Basically, bring two bags instead of one? Shipping will not work.

My lady and I are going on vacation to Thailand, and we will be flying out on the 27th of September and coming back the 8th of October. I don't fly much, so I don't know how this works. How in the heck am I going to be able to carry all of my night diapers? We are brining extra bags for stuff we buy, but we should only need one bag to carry our stuff (though not tested since we are bringing dive stuff).

I plan on carrying 3 diapers with me for carry-on since the first flight is 26 hours. I'll also have 3 for the return trip...but the rest are for nights only. FYI a bag of Molicare Super Plus is only 14 diapers.

Any ideas?

One other thing the board didn't mention is that when you fly you can have an extra medical bag free of charge if you need it. Just put your diapers in a larger duffle bag and put your other needs in it too!

A word of warning though... from experience in Sea/Tac LOL

If you have a pocketknife or a hunting rifle shell in the bag from last year or even your lighter n knife sharpener... Check and TAKE em all out before you put your supplies in...

Saves time at the airport and an embarrassing look or two into your bag by 3 or 4 people.

have a good trip!

My advice: Buy some unusual diaper brands while in Thailand and bring them back in the space you've freed up by using the diapers you took with you, then list them on eBay (or offer them on here). People like me are always looking to try new brands we can't get here.

Good luck and have fun on your trip!

And who would I have to clear this with?

Call or email in advance to the airline help desk. Or when you get to the check in notify the person taking bags that you have a medical bag and you need to take it. They will help you right away (all of the above). I actually called the airline desk in advance and they told me what to do when I got there and marked on the computer printout that I had mine. Well 2 actually cause my son had one too. He is in a wheel chair & I am mobile (kind of lol).

You are pretty much going to have to go with 2 bags. I have a reputation for "overpacking" when traveling with family and friends. My partner usually just rolls his eyes as he knows the real reason and there is a good chance some of my diapers are in his suitcase too. It is more of an issue now with the airlines policies on check luggage.

• 1 month later...

I got back...and now I have a rash from all the heat of Thailand. I was able to pack everything I needed without exceeding any limits. Good thing is that I was able to pack all my presents in the space I had used formerly for diapers.

Weird thing is, I never saw any adult diapers at all in Thailand. I even went to a pharmacy to get some rash cream...I had to ask specifically for it. I suppose if I had asked to look for the diapers too I could have..but the wifey did not want to buy any.