LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Rash Cream, Cloth Diapers, And Plastic Pants

I just got my first cloth diapers today, and it's been a good experience except for one thing...I'm prone to getting rashes on my upper and inner thighs (due to leg bands, maybe?), particularly my left thigh from disposables and I developed a slight one today with the cloth, so I reach for my rash cream as usual. But that got me wondering...Would my rash cream (I usually use Balmex or Desitin) do anything to my cloth diapers or degrade my plastic pants? I like the cloth diapers so far, but I don't want rashes, and if I get one, I really don't want to go without my rash cream.

Is there anything I can do to prevent rashes with cloth diapers/PP's that's different than disposables? I know to stay hydrated and change frequently already, but is there something else I can be doing? And will my rash cream harm my PP's?

Also, I've looked up care of cloth diapers and care of plastic pants, but is there any other tips I should be aware of?

~ moogle

Its my experience that yes, standard diaper rash creams will cause your plastic pants to become brittle and crack because they contain petrolatum products. Find a diaper rash cream that does not contain these. I've been using California Baby: h++p://www.californiababy.com/calming-diaper-rash-cream-2-9-oz.html

I just got my first cloth diapers today, and it's been a good experience except for one thing...I'm prone to getting rashes on my upper and inner thighs (due to leg bands, maybe?), particularly my left thigh from disposables and I developed a slight one today with the cloth, so I reach for my rash cream as usual. But that got me wondering...Would my rash cream (I usually use Balmex or Desitin) do anything to my cloth diapers or degrade my plastic pants? I like the cloth diapers so far, but I don't want rashes, and if I get one, I really don't want to go without my rash cream.

Is there anything I can do to prevent rashes with cloth diapers/PP's that's different than disposables? I know to stay hydrated and change frequently already, but is there something else I can be doing? And will my rash cream harm my PP's?

Also, I've looked up care of cloth diapers and care of plastic pants, but is there any other tips I should be aware of?

~ moogle

Yes, there are a number of creams that will help. The major distinction is that some are oil based

(Desitin, A&D) and will last a good long time but are pretty noxious. The others are water based

(DoctorBordeaux's butt paste, and most of the adult oriented creams). These are a lot more pleasant

but will need to be reapplied pretty much with every change.

Petroleum products...My Balmex is listed as having:

Active ingredient:

Zinc Oxide 11.3%

Inactive ingredients:

Beeswax

Benzoic acid

Dimethicone

Fragrance

Glycine soja (soybean) oil

Magnesium aspartate

Methylparaben

Microcrystalline wax

Mineral oil

Oenothera biennis (evening primrose) seed extract

Olea europaea (olive) leaf extract

Panthenol

Potassium aspartate

Potassium hydroxide

Propylene glycol

Propylparaben

Sarcosine

Sodium cocoyl amino acids

Sorbitan sesquioleate

Synthetic beeswax

Tocopherol

Water (245-230)

Which one(s) out of all these ingredients are unsafe for my PP's? The oils?

~ moogle