LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Tranquility Or Prevail?

Well im about to buy some new diapers, and im not sure what to buy...my local medical supplier carries tranquility and prevail, would've bought em tonight but they close early :( So yeah i like a thick diaper with big leak guards also has to be plastic (disposable) i have never used either of the diapers above and never even seen em up close. Which diaper would you recommend i pick up tomorrow?

The Tranquility are far better than the Prevail. I've tried them both. In terms of quality and absorbency, Tranquility rank in the "better" category, while Prevail fall somewhere between "poor" and "average."

Tranquility makes briefs in two levels of absorbency: slimline, which are about 1.5 times as absorbent as Depends, or ATN (for All Through the Night) which are about 2 times as absorbent as Depends. I'd recommend the slimline for daytime use and the ATN for overnight or extended wear. If in doubt, start with the slimline.

Hope this helps! Enjoy.

I think that Prevail has switched over to have all their products cloth backed, so if you are looking for a plastic backed diaper, then you have to go with the Tranquility. I have never had good luck with the tapes and they almost always pop off on me before I even get both sides of the diaper taped up. But others on the board here seem to have good luck with them or so it seams, so maybe its just me. As mentioned absorbancy is good on the ATN. I have never tried the slimlines.

If they have Prevail PM, you might see if they will give you a sample. Be warned, they are cloth back, but I think they have better absorbancy than the ATN and the velcro tapes stayed put on me. Price wise I have found them to be simmilar to the ATN.

If you really luck out and they have some stock of the old Prevail Overnight fitted brief, product code ON 013, buy them, as they were my favoirte diaper ever. They were all white plastic and the tapes never came undone and absorbancy was great. I dont think you will find them, because they have been replaced by the Prevail PM's, but you never know what these stores have lying around.

Also, you might ask for samples of the various products. Most medical supply stores that I have been too will be happy to offer a sample for you to try. Also dont be afraid to ask what they can order for you. You might be able to get Molicare or other higher end products ordered for you. Dont be afraid to ask.

Hope this helps you in your decision.