LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Adult Diapers Disappearing

I thought the WalMart brand were changed to cloth just like the pull ups are? last ones I bought were 6-7 months ago and they were cloth backed cover over the plastic.

I Wear the plastic backed Attends with elastic and 3 tapes ecah side so they can be put on to fit me better.

Pull ups has not worked for me for quite some years as well as pads but only when I started to need protection

Now My needs have changed and anything less that a real diaper will not work.

I have had problems with the cloth backed types velcro tapes comming off. The velcrow stayed hoooked but the glued on part came unglued.

The cloth covered diapers do have some pros and cons. As far as the pros, yes, there is a plastic sheet still under the cloth, however, the sides in many are breathable. It's nice and not as "clamy" as plastic backed ones get. Take a test and hold the wing up to your mouth and breath in and out. All the breathables I've tried and even some like tena who don't even advertise this, you can freely breath in and out with the side panels up to your mouth. Try that with a plastic backed diaper, not so much luck. The only problem with that is side leaks, they tend to leak if you're sitting on your side a little and a dribble comes out and goes toward the sides, it will weep right through and onto your cloths. I have noticed a disadvantage at night with the cloth backed. Yeah, you don't really slide around on it too much and I've woken up with the velcro tab grabbing onto sheets and ripping off or pulling the diaper off on one side. To remedy this, I usually wear a pair of boxers or pajama pants over them. The plastic backed are much noisier in bed though and I feel make too much noise.

Seems like ya can't win. They should make a hybrid diaper with plastic front to back and breathable cloth on the sides.

I have noticed though, the lack of anything other than a pull-up in the retail stores. They are probably just hitting the market that's out there who buy off the store shelf. You won't see very many fully incontinent individuals loading 3 packages of brief diapers in there cart at a time. That's why I'm guessing they made the switch. Shelf space is valuable and there going to give it up to something else if there's a chance to make them money. Many stores, CVS, Walgreens, etc have a large variety of the other style products online as online only items so they do still carry them, just not in the stores.

I dont know if its just me or not but i have found something very strange to be happening. I used to order my adult briefs like Abena Xplus from drugstore.com. Well they no longer carry any adult diaper that tapes, just the underwear. I also noticed the the walmart by me as well as pharmacys are all getting rid of the adult tape briefs and are on sale. I heard its because they dont want to be selling these products to AB/DL and that the protective underwear doesnt really interest us. Im not sure if thats the real reason or not but over heard that somewhere.. If anyone else noticed this or heard anything lets figure this out!

I noticed that too at the walmart I go to. just a few weeks ago you could still buy the taped briefs....but now they don't have them anymore. I do think that people just don't buy them as much.

I have to disagree -

Pullups are not the best / major choice for people with full incontinence, but they are currently the highest selling retail protection product, due to them being discrete. Personally, pullups are patetic for containing anyhing other that sweat.

Full pad diapers have got the name for hospital use, so most non ab incontinent people do not wish to accept their incontinence so chose a pullup instead.

It takes confidence to enter a public place - shop/pharmacy - and buy full pad diapers, where pullups normally are a little more discrete.

You Need to think of it this way the main people that wear full pad diapers are either people disabled and confined to a wheel chair or people that are bed ridden and confined to there bed.Most people want something easy to put on and discrete while some of the full brief diapers ive worn in the past have been cloth backed they still have some "crinkle to them" and people don't want other people to notice its really all about Supply and Demand its all about Discreetness when it comes to diapers now i mean think about this.If you are incontinence and you or spouse/partner have to wear diapers and have young children in the house and are potty training them what will they think when they see mommy or daddy wearing diapers .. Think about that when thinking about this

Guys, guys, guys, don't be so scared. Drugstore.com didn't eliminate it's adult diapers. For whatever reason they're just linked under other stuff at there website.

Here's the link http://www.drugstore.com/templates/stdplist/default.asp?catid=152576&trx=GFI-0-EVGR-MCN&trxp1=110533&trxp2=152576&trxp3=2&trxp4=ML

If the link doesn't work go under personal care | incontinence | protective underwear | all protective underwear and you'll find them still all safely there. You can also start off with the home medical tab first instead of personal care and everything the same there after. Good luck.

As a guy who hides being a DL, its been rough trying to find adult diapers in drug stores, pharmacys, walmart, etc. I can't order them online and have them delivered to house. However, I got lucky and found an independent drugstore about a 40 minute drive from me that still carries Attends adult diapers. Took a lot of phone calling, but it was worth it, as I was depleting my stock of Depends. While not as happy with them, still - allows me to enjoy being diapered. This approach may not work for most, but its worth a shot. Medical supply stores in the area were not very helpful or close to me, although I did find a resource for vinyl panties over my diapers. Good luck to all of us that need local stores to fulfill our desires.

Yes its true, a lot of stores are going to the "pull up" or discreet underwear styles now, plus they all have the papery cloth outer cover which are just not the same as a crinkly plastic diaper...at one time they were tons of thick plastic adult diapers to choose from. Recently the PAthmark in town had an adult diaper section and carried the usual store brands.pads, and Depends, but not much else.They cleaned out the section and were going to stock new items, I figured they were going to only stock pull ups or underwear. But they stocked the shelves with the new Male/female briefs and a brand called "better living". I figured they were the usual cloth cover like all else is nowadays. So I took a chance and bought the fitted briefs and to my surprise they were fairly sizeable white plastic diapers!They were completely new too, not old stock.I tried them and they were nice and crinkly and good coverage. So now I can go to a local store and get some fairly good plastic diapers and disproving that adult diapers are disapearing.