LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Diaper Trust

DavidMW

I've been promising myself that sometime I'd try a 24x7 week and/or an extended stretch of diapered at bedtime for a while, but so far I've had a few false starts. I live alone and work at home, so being diapered at home has never been a problem. I've gotten used to wearing diapers as I've gone out and about on my errands. If I've got a Depends on, I barely notice it; an Abena + pad however is bulky enough that I'm always aware of it, but not in a self-conscious way.

The false starts often came about because I'd have problems sleeping with anything bulkier than a Depends on - was too aware of the diaper and I've always had problems sleeping with pretty much any distraction. But I've gotten used to it, and wetting the diaper sure beats getting up and having to go to the bathroom (I'm mild diabetic; a trip to the bathroom is a nearly nightly feature).

The holdup for trying 24x7 has been learning to trust my diapers. I've always been a pantswetter, it's always seems like a conscientious choice between wetting my pants or using the toilet. That's how I got into diapers. But when I've wet outside, it's generally been in discrete locations where I'm not likely to get caught, such as out in the woods or at night as I'm returning to my car from somewhere. I can wet pretty much anywhere and in any position as long as I'm not likely to be caught; but I'm terribly pee shy in public restrooms.

I've actually flooded Abena+pad to the point of leaking (fortunately that was in the apartment), so I need to avoid the floods. 24x7 will only work for me if I train myself to wet a bit at a time rather than waiting until it builds up. And that will mean wetting as I'm out and about.

I've gone out a few times wearing a wet diaper, no big deal. But to stand there and try to relax enough to empty out a bit into the diaper still feels pretty odd when I'm standing with a bunch of people waiting for the

DONT WALK light to change or for the line at the cash register to move. Not that I think that anyone around me is thinking, "That guy looks like he must be wetting himself."

But I do start checking myself for any evidence of leaks. A lot. If anyone were to notice anything, it'd probably be that (other than with no visible signs of leaks, they'd be wondering what I was checking for). So far, no signs of leaks in any public setting. I've done a few 24x1s and 24x2s now, so I'm slowly building up the trust in my diapers that I'll need for a 24x7 run.

I'll be giving myself a few more 24x1s in coming weeks to work on that diaper trust. Then once I finish my last bit of traveling for the year (Thanksgiving), my plan is to do 4 weeks of nightly diapers, with the last week being 24x7. Even got two cases of Abenas and pads delivered this last week, so I've got the diaper stock I'll need.

Archived