LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Ab Universe Vs Bambino's

I've started this discussion because I've heard good and bad about both and would like to see more opinions. I have bought both brands and here are my thoughts on both.

AB Universe - They have a GREAT print. It is very similiar to the Pampers Baby Dry of the 90's with the Teddy Bears. The crinkle on these is AWESOME. What I like most is the actual plastic! It is sooooooo soft and pliable that I literally love to wear these and feel them, it's almost like cuddling your favorite blankie, they're so soft. Downside but not a complete downside...they aren't as thick as Bambino's, however the absorbency is really well for me at least. They use the gell material in these so when you wet yourself the diapers actually behave like a real baby diaper and "poof" in the right places. I like the thickness of these because I can wear them under my jeans in public and no one knows except my mommy! Personally I've switched my business from Bambino to AB Universe as I just think it's a better, more AB Friendly diaper. I've also spoken with their owner, Jenny, and they are coming out with new diapers, different prints and supposedly a cloth lineup! Make way for AB Universe!!!!!

Bambino's - I dislike the print on these...it's too busy and no babyish enough. Just because you put BABY in blocks on a diaper doesn't mean anything...we want these diapers to look like real baby diapers and I've never seen a real baby diaper with a print like this. YUCK. The thickness is good on these diapers if you like thick. The crinkle is just ok. The plastic on these is hard though. They don't move well and it seems to be stiff. I want my diapers to move with me, not forcibly.

Bottom line (tee hee hee) I've converted, have you?

J_Baby (jessie)

I haven't tried either of these, but the Bambino print is too "fetishy" for me--it looks more like a cheesy costume than an actual oversized baby diaper. The ABU design is much more realistic and understated, but the construction of the diaper looks kind of chintzy. The Bambino appears more soundly designed, and I prefer a thick diaper--it just feels more secure, like your pee actually has somewhere to go besides right next to your skin. But these are just speculations based on pictures--again, I have tried neither diaper.

I'm waiting for a gel-free adult diaper...

I haven't tried either of these, but the Bambino print is too "fetishy" for me--it looks more like a cheesy costume than an actual oversized baby diaper.

Not really once you've got one sitting in front of you. I don't think they are very nice either way, though I can see how some might like them. They're really kind of basic and pulpy, I dunno I kind of like my medical looking abenas and molicares more.

And oh, I felt like wetting a bambino was like sitting in a wet plastic bag. It didn't wick at all from what I could tell, at least not much when you compare it to a 'medical grade' diaper. That's not to say that they didn't hold a lot when i slowly siphoned water off into them to test, but they're pretty uncomfortable for that kind of use in my humble opinion.

I dunno, I've tried alot of diapers and not alot compare to the absobancy, look, and feel of the bambino diapers. I just placed an order for the AB's so I will give my opinion on those diapers when I get them but all I can say is they better be good cause Bambino is one great diaper and I think they wick awesome and hold alot.

OK folks, here is the comparison you all have been waiting for. The picture pretty much show you the difference. The bambino's are about twice as thick as the new diapers. Size wise they are about the same. They look smaller in the picture but that's because the leg gathers are much tighter than the Bambinos and they don't lay as flat, Fit wise they fit exactly like the Bambino's.

So what's it all mean. Don't know. They're cute, fit extremely well under clothing, but not as absorbant and if thickness is your measure of merit, than these don't compare well to the heavier diapers. If you are uncertain and just want to try them, their 2 diaper sample cost around $7 and will arrive in about a week, so try for yourself and see what you think

post-2098-1206732456_thumb.jpg

post-2098-1206732456_thumb.jpg