LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Embarrassed By A Nurse

It wasn't entirely unnecessary to defend yourself like that when I explicitly said the comment wasn't aimed at you. Sorry you took it as some sort of sarcastic catty remark in spite of my caveat.

I personally think that the current system of vocational rehabilitation is crap, because it isn't at the center of the disability program, it's an afterthought.

It wasn't entirely unnecessary to defend yourself like that when I explicitly said the comment wasn't aimed at you. Sorry you took it as some sort of sarcastic catty remark in spite of my caveat.

I personally think that the current system of vocational rehabilitation is crap, because it isn't at the center of the disability program, it's an afterthought.

I was just putting it out there. We have a few special gems on this board that would take your comments as more ammunition to flame people who are on disability, and I wanted to discuss the current voc. rehab system's realities (I hadn't thought of mentioning it before) as well as an example of the kind of people they should be referring to instead of lumping everyone in. I didn't think it was aimed at me. Perhaps I should have began with "While I realize the last comment was not directed at me...". Sorry for the miscommunication.

Little faerie, I just read this whole thread. From what I have read you have been to hell and back more times than any human being should. I congratulate you on your strength and persistance to overcome your disabilities. You seem like a hard working honest person. If more people had your strenght and ambition there would be less people on the" system". Instead of giving you a hard time atleast one person who posted in this thread should be patting you on the back. Hope you are feeling better. I also hope I wrote this right and didn't come across the wrong way.

My life has been... interesting. One thing I am good at is overcoming adversity. I think I get so much crap thrown at me in life because I am supposed to learn from it and rise above it. I don't think I have some special purpose or anything, I think it is a karmic lesson though. It is rarely easy but it's never boring! These days things are far smoother... It's been a relatively peaceful 6 months. I'm kinda waiting for the shoe to drop lol.

Your attitude is exactly part of what is wrong with healthcare in America. Most doctors are not arrogant pricks, but certain patients sure can make them that way. Patients have an increased sense of grand entitlement to anything and everything - and they of course think they know everything about medicine because Google taught them. The kind of advice you give, and your attitude will put your healthcare provider on the defensive right out - and why the hell would you want to do that?

The whole point is to establish a trusting and therapeutic relationship - and you fuck it up right out the gate with your demands and warnings of lawsuits. Of course they will want to get you the hell out of there - but I will tell you that you will not necessarily get the best care. They will do what is necessary at the time - but not likely take the next step if it is needed to figure out a more complex problem- they will give that time to someone else who will appreciate it.

Believe it or not - but most docs don't do this for the money. It pays well - but it is not worth it really. It destroys their personal life and there are many patients that literally drain their souls. I wonder who the real arrogant prick is?

Most doctors are just arrogant pricks ... and many nurses. You have to direct and demanding with them now, because they know they are getting paid and don't really have any reason to treat you well. If your insurance will allow it, shop around. If you have to go to the ER, scout out the best hospital in your area first that your insurance will allow and go there. If any doctor treats you like this, tell them you will sue if they make any mistake no matter how minor, at least it will make them nervous enough to hurry up and treat you as best they possibly can. I did it a few times, it's amazing how well it can work.

There are two forms of social security disability, there is title two and title sixteen. Title two is paid into by the person applying, through the taxes taken out of your paycheck. If you have worked 40 working quarters then you are entitled to full disability benefits assuming your impairment qualifies you. So many people who worked are getting disability checks, but this is their right, its their insurance they paid into. Its why after you have worked so long you get a letter from social security every year that says "if you were to go on disability right now you would get this much a month, and it tells you if you were to stop working today, when you are old enough for retirement you would get this much a month" its basically paying into an insurance policy.

do not assume everyone who is on disability is livig off your taxes, many are living off their own taxes they paid thru working.

• Like 2

There are two forms of social security disability, there is title two and title sixteen. Title two is paid into by the person applying, through the taxes taken out of your paycheck. If you have worked 40 working quarters then you are entitled to full disability benefits assuming your impairment qualifies you. So many people who worked are getting disability checks, but this is their right, its their insurance they paid into. Its why after you have worked so long you get a letter from social security every year that says "if you were to go on disability right now you would get this much a month, and it tells you if you were to stop working today, when you are old enough for retirement you would get this much a month" its basically paying into an insurance policy.

do not assume everyone who is on disability is livig off your taxes, many are living off their own taxes they paid thru working.

Or at least this is how it should be, I am on disability and did work for almost half my lifetime (I'm young, so there). However the government has robbed the Social Security funds so much for their pet projects most of what we get now are straight from taxes because the interest it was suppose to have accumulated isn't there now. Though it's not our fault, if the government gave us all the total amount due plus interest for the years they've held onto it, we'd all be rich (at least those of us with some investment savvy) and then end it completely. This would actually work in some of our favors but not all, because most people are just not that capable of investing, especially us with mental disabilities (I'm just great with numbers and financing is all). The problem is that the government has forced many of us into a catch 22 situation with the system, when I was younger I was not too keen on thinking ahead and bought the "it's your insurance for life" story.

But meh, what are we going to do now, we're so screwed as it is there's no turning back.

i just said your disability comes from taxes silly :P title two you pay into thru the taxes that come out of your paycheck, therefore... taxes pay for title two.... but i get what you are saying....

but social security disability was created for people nearing retirement age who became disabled, to supplement their income for maybe 5-10 years before they could collect retirement, it was not created initially to support people who were in their 50's or younger....

and disability is a function based program, that is, someone may have an impairment but when social security looks at your past work, your past education, your recent work and education, along with what a person is still capable of doing despite their impairments, then a decision is made, and while there are younger people who truely are not capable of working, many just are so downtrodden from having impairments they have lost sight of the fact they still have skills and the capacity to do work.

course the gov't doesn't really care if you can get a job, only that you could do a job..... i.e. this who recession thing with no jobs, doesn't matter when evaluating whether someone qualifies or not...if a person is still able to do work, based on their education and skill, then in the eyes of social security they are not disabled...

its not perfect i agree.... but thats how it operates....

i just said your disability comes from taxes silly :P title two you pay into thru the taxes that come out of your paycheck, therefore... taxes pay for title two.... but i get what you are saying....

but social security disability was created for people nearing retirement age who became disabled, to supplement their income for maybe 5-10 years before they could collect retirement, it was not created initially to support people who were in their 50's or younger....

and disability is a function based program, that is, someone may have an impairment but when social security looks at your past work, your past education, your recent work and education, along with what a person is still capable of doing despite their impairments, then a decision is made, and while there are younger people who truely are not capable of working, many just are so downtrodden from having impairments they have lost sight of the fact they still have skills and the capacity to do work.

course the gov't doesn't really care if you can get a job, only that you could do a job..... i.e. this who recession thing with no jobs, doesn't matter when evaluating whether someone qualifies or not...if a person is still able to do work, based on their education and skill, then in the eyes of social security they are not disabled...

its not perfect i agree.... but thats how it operates....

Actually, until recently, it was 50. ;)

I have been to a complete health-check a year ago and I must make an exercise echocardiography. I thought about a bit of cycling, but then they got all these electrodes and I have to strip down to my panties. I was not allowed to keep my bra and so I sat there shivering on this cycle and ride it for 15minutes until I was all sweaty and panting. All the time one nurse stands beside me and looks at me and her computer, while another nurse walks in and out of the room all the time, leaving the door open for other nurses and doctors that pass by to look at me – half naked.

In the end my white panties where nearly transparent from my sweat. I was in need for a shower but all I get was a 30X30cm towel to dry myself and go to the next room to give a blood sample.

That was my first AND last health-check.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been to a complete health-check a year ago and I must make an exercise echocardiography. I thought about a bit of cycling, but then they got all these electrodes and I have to strip down to my panties. I was not allowed to keep my bra and so I sat there shivering on this cycle and ride it for 15minutes until I was all sweaty and panting. All the time one nurse stands beside me and looks at me and her computer, while another nurse walks in and out of the room all the time, leaving the door open for other nurses and doctors that pass by to look at me – half naked.

In the end my white panties where nearly transparent from my sweat. I was in need for a shower but all I get was a 30X30cm towel to dry myself and go to the next room to give a blood sample.

That was my first AND last health-check.

what kind of hospital or clinic did you go to? i had an echocardiography and i didnt have to remove my clothes and get down to my inderwear, i wore loose fitting clothes like sweat pants and a simple hospital gown after i took off my tshirt. plus they certainly didnt leave the door open so any other passers by could watch me on the treadmill

Just remember that these days the doctors DO NOT work for the hospital but are independent contractors which means that there is no way to have continuity of care.

The U.S. medical system is BROKEN beyond repair and even the "best" hospitals don't mean squat these days, especially in an emergency. My wife was due to give birth and had contractions -- they send her home WITHOUT checking how far dilated she is just because of high threshold of pain and thus they said that if she can talk to me, they are not real contractions. Needless to say, 2 hours later we were back and she was open 7cm -- nurse panicking because they lost the heartbeat of the baby and there was NO DOCTOR ANYWHERE -- my wife offered to pop her sack by herself to save the baby when a doctor finally arrived that was on standby. All this at a LARGE hospital with a dedicated maternity ward on a Tuesday afternoon at 2:00 pm.

As for ER, I will stay away as much as possible because the amount of incompetence that goes on there would make a rain forest tribe witch doctor proud -- on a good day.

Just remember that if nobody is willing to touch you to save your life and you die, your family can't sue medical negligence since nobody touched you -- and that my friends is the U.S. health system...

In many respects, yes, ss is an insurance policy that the gov't TAKES from you and basically saves for you because it's very well proven, people will not save for that day themselves. It's kind of a 401k plan they make you take out so they can at least get money from you to give back and at an amount based on what you put in. However, if you notice, your benefit far, far, far exceeds what you put into it. A typical person working FOR someone puts in roughly 7.5% and the employer does the same for a total of 15%. Work for yourself and you put in the whole 15%.

Looking at my past statement for SS, from what I have contributed as well as my employeer, if I go on disability right now, I will have used up everything that's been paid in in just over 2 years!! I'm 27 and could live for another 60+ years!!! So who's paying the rest? Everyone else? Yes, interest has been gained on the money over the years but still, 2yrs vs. 60. I do realize it's like insurance as some use a whole lot of it and others don't use any (die or otherwise). Problem right now is, too many people are dipping into the pot and not enough are paying in along with the fact that people are living longer then expected and those people when working, did not contribute enough to cover what they're taking. The way things are going right now in this country is the gov't making it too easy for people to claim disabled and collect rather than contribute so the rest of the non disableds pay for it. Even if they haven't paid 40 quarters, they'll still get money from the gov't.

I'm just generalizing here but stating, there's a lot of people who just need to SUCK IT UP and DEAL WITH IT instead the "uuuuhhhh, I'm disabled" act. Everyone could probably claim they have a disablility and where would that leave us. Don't get me wrong, some people are truly disabled but not everyone in a wheelchair doesn't work either so what's that say?

I'm also a believer in the fact that if there's a hand out to be given, people won't work as hard to get out of it but if there wasn't a hand out, they'd be forced to do something. The system as it is allows people to be lazy and not work because the benefit outweights the work. I know a lot of people who lost there jobs during this economic downturn and EVERY one of them did not look for a job until their unemployement benefits were about to run out. They ALL said, "why not take some time off, they're paying me for two years." They also all did the math like this: I make 2,000 dollars a month and if I got a job, I'd make 2,500 dollars a month so why work for $500/mo escentially when I can do nothing and get almost as much. It'd be like making $3/hour to work (160hours/mo divide by $500). I know unemployement is paid into by your employeer like another insurance policy but when you get paid nearly your wage, where's the incentive to go out and find another job? They are also often times eligable for food stamps and other gov't aids too making them even more money escentially.

One last story. I know a guy who mades 65k/yr who had surgery due to a self inflicted injury from a motorsport and he collected welfare and foodstamps for several months during recovery all while he owned a brand new motorcycle, thousand dollar grill, new ATV, house, etc.!!! I'm like WTF!!! How do you get all this money! That's what kills me is people like this. He just had to prove he didn't have loans on anything but his house, which he didn't as he paid cash for them all and he got welfare and foodstamps to go buy frozen pizzas and pop with. Gotta love this country!

Course in you are in a wheelchair and unable to walk you automatically qualify for disability.... its one of their listings... the listings are online.... open to the public... i've read through em. some interesting things in there.... in general its hard to meet a listing, so instead they assess your capacity and figure out if you have the ability to do other work, this is when they take into account your age, your education level, and the past 15 years of your work .... then it gets a bit more complicated...

and course although social security tries to be uniform, each state, each office w/in states operates a little bit differently, which is why one person could apply in say texas and in mass, and the texas claim would get approved and the mass claim denied, even with all the same medical records etc....