LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

No More Frustration!

Codymoogle

I've been trying to find an actual diaper bag for a few days now. Daddy wants me to get a real one, instead of my backpack and stuff for when we're together. He doesn't want anything overly babyish and it has to be something he'd be willing to be seen with.

I've found lots of bags like this, but I need to be sure it will be big enough to contain:

1. Three to four medium Abena diapers (I doubt I'd ever need this many for a day outing, but it's good to be prepared)

2. Wipes

3. Rash cream

4. Bags for disposing of used diapers

5. Two to three bottles - the diaper bag would preferably have some sort of insulated cold pocket for at least one bottle, for milk/milk drinks.

6. My binky

7. A container of snacks

8. One or two toys

9. A change of pants in case of leakage

...but also at the same time, not humongous.

I like the diaper bags at Skip Hop (especially the camo colors) ...but upon reading reviews, a lot of people say it's too small.

Any advice/links to diaper bags that any AB's might use? To repeat, Daddy and I want an actual diaper bag, so please no "just use a backpack" etc suggestions...thanks!

EDIT: I've found my bag, see below!

~ moogle

Well, Dadgear looks like a winner. I ordered their "Daredevil" messenger style diaper bag from here.

I know, $82 plus $10 shipping is expensive...

BUT, there are plenty of online coupon code sites (I think I'll make a new topic for that). I got 16% off my order (thus totaling $78.88 instead of $92) using the code MWS16 .

And, from the Dadgear site:

Quality We use high quality hardware, zippers, fabrics, and webbing so your DadGear products will last far beyond diapering years.

Now, I know very few of us in diapers will ever get out of diapers (I know I won't), but that statement means one bag should last at least a few years.

If you want one of these bags cheaper, plenty of sites have them cheaper...I wouldn't recommend doing that though, as the return Policy on Dadgear says you'd have to deal with whatever site you bought it from 's return policy. If you do this, make sure they have a good return policy in case you don't like the product you order!

I've also looked up reviews on the bag I ordered - the average review is 4 out of 5 stars. One of the biggest cons listed is "Bulky"/"Pockets too big". A few reviewers also listed "Did not come with a shoulder pad on the shoulder strap" - however, the Dadgear site says a shoulder pad is included.

So, we'll see. Once I get the bag, I'll post pictures on how well (or how poorly) the bag stacks up to holding adult diapers and the other things I'll be using inside it. I might even make a new store review topic too, to say how satisfied or dissatisfied I was and why.

Oh, and one last thing everyone out there should know...The Dadgear products come with a changing pad (designed with tiny babies in mind), so those probably wouldn't be much use to any bigger baby or DL here - I'm probably going to use the changing pad compartment for something else.

~ moogle

Guest LOSTinDiapers

Have you looked at ju-ju-be? We have a Packabe for my son and we can fit a ton in it. Plus, they come in many different colors so it can be a babyish as you want it to be. It has a large center pocket with smaller pockets within. Also, it has two pockets up front and two bottle pockets on the sides. Plus, it has a pocket on the back for the changing pad that comes with it. They also sell insulated bottle pouches.

I GOT MY BAG! It's absolutely wonderful, great quality.

First impression - "Geez this is small. I don't know if it'll hold everything. :( "

But once I started packing it in...My entire list (see first post), PLUS the included changing pad, fit into this bag.

EDIT: I've replace the pictures from yesterday with new better quality (and bigger) pics! Posting now...

~ moogle

So, new pics!

Diaper bag front:

BagFront.jpg

Diaper bag back:

BagBack.jpg

Inside of the bag - My diapers couldn't fit in here. They're in a different pocket. I have a pair of jeans, two bottles, some animal crackers, my binky, my rattle, and my plushie duck QD inside here. I could have also fit my bib.

BagInside.jpg

When you open the front flap of the bag, the wipes case is exposed. It's really nifty, cause all you do is fill it and put it in. Then you can access wipes without removing the container! Here's the wipes case closed (It's the blue rectangle):

WipesCaseClosed.jpg

Here's the wipes case open, with a wipe partially pulled out to demonstrate:

WipesCaseOpened.jpg

More pictures next post!

~ moogle

Bottle pockets! These are nifty cause you can access the bottles that are inside the bag, from the outside of the bag. It closes with a zipper. I've partially pulled my bottles out to show the location (each side of the bag). These are BIG pockets too, you could probably fit a 1-liter in there...

BottlePockets1.jpg

Views of the bottle pockets' locations (Note, my bottles are empty, I just put them in there for the pictures - that's why they don't have the caps on):

BottlePockets2.jpg

BottlePockets3.jpg

The carrying handle. I know this isn't the best pic of it either, but it's better than the last picture of it:

CarryingHandle.jpg

Here's a picture of the shoulder strap. In this picture you can see the shoulder pad. Sorry about the background, my cats started messing up my blankets before I had my bed completely made:

ShoulderStrap.jpg

More pictures next post!

~ moogle

Front Pockets - I have my plastic bags in one pocket, and my rash cream in the other. They're partially pulled out to show location:

FrontPockets.jpg

Back pocket, this is in the back of the bag. My diapers fit in here, along with the changing pad they included. I have four Abena Plus (Not X-Plus, just Plus) in here:

BackPocket.jpg

Bonus pics! Here's the changing pad. It's obviously way too small for any of us to use as a changing pad, BUT I think it'd be useful as a mat to put snacks on, etc:

ChangingPad1.jpg

ChangingPad2.jpg

There's also two features I didn't take pictures of. There's a waist strap that you put around your waist for a better fit, but it doesn't fit me. My waist is about 36 or 37 inches currently, and it was way too short. I think it'd only fit those with small waists. The other thing I didn't take pictures of, is the stroller straps. these are tucked inside the bottle pockets, and hook over the stroller bar (or even wheelchair). There's clips on the side that the stroller straps close on to.

Oh, one last thing. The front flap can be removed for cleaning!

~ moogle

great looking bag, looks like your ready to go out and explore the world, please make sure you use the diaper throw away bags, that are sented, you dont want the public, to smell a dirty diaper in the trash, plus its nicer to have your used diaper in a sealed bag so the public doesnt know a person throw away a diaper in the public trash can.

great looking bag, looks like your ready to go out and explore the world, please make sure you use the diaper throw away bags, that are sented, you dont want the public, to smell a dirty diaper in the trash, plus its nicer to have your used diaper in a sealed bag so the public doesnt know a person throw away a diaper in the public trash can.

I know this :P Thanks for the tip though!

~ moogle