LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Can The Bambino Be Better?

Guest dllightning

Guest dllightning

So observing Bambinos they ARE the #1 AB diaper on the market today. It has everything you could hope for... except maybe one thing.

I have been around diapers for a long time and like most of you all, have deeply studied them. I find that there is still one thing possibly lacking. The sizing/shape.

Most baby diapers ride up to just shy of mid back when worn properly. They then curve down toward the belly. Some cover the baby belly button at first and then they sag down later due to use...

That being said, I don't see a bambino quite fitting this way on me. I am a slinder male with a little, and I mean little bit of a belly. I have a 34" waist. The medium sized ones the tapes kinda make it over my hips on the side and then attach. They should be more in the middle, but thats ok. The mediums fit like underwear and are discreet enough to wear in public.

So I tried the next size up.... Wow... they wrap around like a glove and fasten near the middle with about an inch or two to spare from hitting the other tapes. It goes up to mid back and fits well over my little tummy. These really feel babyish. Only one problem.... the inseam goes too far. The "back" of the diaper "opens out" about 3 inches too late. Now I can wear and use them, but I get leaks VERY quickly in the back area...

Does anybody else notice this now that I mention it? The baby fit?

Guest Pizaz

I agree I wished Bambinos rode up a little bit higher to get that true babyish feel... but I think the mediums work just fine. Sounds like you should stick with them too -- I'm sure on a larger baby the larges don't "open up" in the back.

I'm a 32 waist and I'm gonna go ahead and try the smaller size... a) because I'll get more for the price and B) I'd like my diaper to sit just a little bit lower on my back/butt.

anyone know if this is a good idea? maybe I should just start doing cardio everyday so I know they'll fit! :blush:

I'm a 32 waist and I'm gonna go ahead and try the smaller size... a) because I'll get more for the price and B) I'd like my diaper to sit just a little bit lower on my back/butt.

anyone know if this is a good idea? maybe I should just start doing cardio everyday so I know they'll fit! :blush:

If you want my advice, don't.

I know that TBHG have always said that they ain't nothing to do with Secure Personal Care, etc, etc, yadda, yadda but we all know that construction-wise, Bambinos are 'strikingly similar' to the Secure X-Plus.

I ordered a case of X-Plus smalls solely for Reason A that you mentioned. They were still good but they weren't great, mainly because the wings aren't really long enough to comfortably get around my 32-inch hips - rather than the tapes sticking somewhere in the front, I could only get them to reach my sides so they tended to dig into my legs. The diapers still worked great, of course although capacity is a bit lower because there's less padding. If you really want it lower-cut over everything else then go for it but don't expect the fit to be as good as the mediums. I won't be buying Secure X-Plus or Bambino smalls again...

Also, measure your hips not just your waist - if your hips are bigger, that's the measurement you need to be using to gauge diaper sizes.

Back on topic, quality-wise, Bambino are prefect for me. Design wise, they're kinda all or nothing aren't they? I'd like something a little more fancy than the Bianco and a little less 'in-your-face AB' than the Classico. I dunno, maybe a baby-blue tape-zone with cute animal designs or something... ^_^

What I would really love is gender specific diapers like they used to be in the 80s. more padding in the front for boys and more in the middle for girls with pale blue and pink plastic backing respectively.

as for the fit, alas we are adults and we can't have our diapers fit like babies. this will explain why:

http://understanding.infantilism.org/leaks1.php

and

http://understanding.infantilism.org/leaks2.php

Having recently tried a sample pack of Bambino diapers, I must agree that they are of extraordinary quality; equal to or, in the case of the tapes, exceeding the quality of what I usually purchase, the Abri-Forms X-Plus.

I particularly enjoyed the baby print on the Classicos but invariably wind up layering thick cloth diapers over my disposable so the print winds up being a moot point. Still cute however, and for the sake of the tapes holding better, would now buy these since they are now the same price as what I buy from XP Medical.

The boosters are another matter however. With a case difference price of $7.96, I will still be buying my boosters from XP Medical.

On the other hand, for those of you who have tried them, do they absorb more than the Abena’s or, if not, is the “fresh baby powder scent” worth the extra expense?

Diapers:

XP Medical

Abri-Form Original X-Plus, Mediun

Case of 42 = $57.95 ($1.379 ea.)

Shipping free by the case

Bambino

Classico or Bianco’s, Medium

Case of 48 = $65.96 ($1.374 ea)

Free Shipping

Boosters:

Abena Abri-Let Maxi Boosters, 6 x 24 (1 sq. ft.)

Case of 120 = $59.95 ($0.499 ea. / p/sq.ft.)

Shipping free by the case

Quadro Pads, 6 x 20 (0.83 sq.ft.)

4 bags of 30 (Total 120 pads) = $67.91 ($0.565 ea / $0.678 p/sq.ft.)

Free Shipping

What I would really love is gender specific diapers like they used to be in the 80s. more padding in the front for boys and more in the middle for girls with pale blue and pink plastic backing respectively.

as for the fit, alas we are adults and we can't have our diapers fit like babies. this will explain why:

http://understanding.infantilism.org/leaks1.php

and

http://understanding.infantilism.org/leaks2.php

OMG you're not being sexist are you!?! :lol:

But I strongly agree with this, on most counts.

Guys can fold the top over the penis for more absorbancy at the front, although it will occasionally leak still. I think girls are actually disadvantaged overall, surprisingly, since most leaks in my experience tend to be at the middle and they can't use the front of the pad so much and putting it further back doesn't make use of the shape so much (leaking at the back when sitting down is another weakness).