Movie Time!

DailyDi

Movie Time!  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to see:

• Alvin and the Chipmunks (PG)
    • Charlie Wilson's War (R)
    • I Am Legend (PG-13)
    • National Treasure: Book of Secrets (PG)
    • Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story (R)
    • Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street (R)

Not only am I a big movie fan, but seeing a movie after dinner on Christmas is one of my traditions. This year I will see National Treasure as I loved the first one. Saw I Am Legend last week: awesome.

Guest Sissy  Lil Lucy

Really nna see chipunks!!!! and i wouldnt mind seeing I am Legend, Wil Smith is sooo cool!!

I hope its cause I'm in UK that I don't seem to know any of the others.....

Guest Katharsys

Just got back from Sweeney Todd!

While I loved it, those who are squeamish or have no clue that the story is about a raving, razor-waving, serial-killing barber bent on revenge and his accomplices idea of baking the victims into Meat Pies - all set to music and staged in Victorian London, shouldn't go :P

i saw National Treasure yesterday. it wasnt as good as the first one, IMO, but it was still a good movie.

Saw it today, still fun, but harder to follow. I suspect they cut more than they should, hoping for a director's cut DVD. Also hoping I don't have to wait too long for page 47 :)

I would like to see Legend and, granted, another National Treasure, would surely not be as good but should be good as well. Even the first NT was hard to follow at times but I really enjoy it, over and over, even if just a few times.

When they first came out my husband and I saw "Enchanted" and "Juno" which we adored. Ever since "Catch Me If You Can" we have adored Amy Adams, so loving "Enchanted" was obvious. Ellen Page is younger. A year or so back she made "Hard Candy" which is a difficult film, dealing with sexual abuse, but Ellen was marvelous. "Juno" is great.

Last night we saw "Charlie Wilson's War" with not only Tom Hanks and Phillip Seymore Hoffman, but also Julia roberts, Amy Adams and Emily Blunt (from Devil wears Prada).

First chance we get we will be seeing some of the other new films.

A real advantage to wearing diapers all the time is that I never need to miss a second of a movie, concert or stage play. I put on a dry one before it starts, and change after it is over if necessary.

I was lucky as most movies like I am Legend are already out as DVD screeners or at least a R5 on the Torrent sites, free for the taking. While I Usally wait for a week or two, some times they are out before it hits theaters. If your lucky enough to have a nice big screen and Surround sound, IT's sure fun to sit next to the "mommy" in just a diaper and watch it in the comfort of your home.

Since I learned how to get the new movies, I haven't been back to the pain of a theater. People talking and laughing when you are trying to watch something and miss it. Now I can rewind pause or play in the comfort of my own home. And Yes I am Legend was pretty cool. Still no luck on Alvin yet. But should be any day Hopefully. :D

Me and mommy will be sitting down to watch The Bucket List tonight when the kids go to bed..shhhh don't tell her I already watched it this afternoon, pretty good flick.

I'd like to see Sweeny Todd. I'm fond of the tale, and Tim Burton rarely lets me down.

I"ve heard some good things about I am Legend (though I'm a fan of the earlier Vincent Price adaptation, so I'm less likely to see this version.)

I saw AVP R a few hours ago with a friend. It was pretty bad (we knew it would be), but really it could have been worse. It will probably do quite well (generally the worse the plot, script, and dialogue a film has, the better it's reception by the public.)

I want to see Alvin and the Chipmunks! I am a big fan of the cartoon and it will be cool to see them on the big screen. Babyfett, I think you will like "I am Legend' my friends and I saw it a couple weeks ago at an I-Max theater and it was pretty darn good. In the small town that I live in, there is only one movie theater with one screen, so I either have to wait till the movie comes here (which may take awhile) or head north to the bigger city. :drive1:

I took my 18 year old daughter to see "National Treasure II" today after she got out of school, and we both really enjoyed it quite well. And as usual my diaper was soaked once we left. I really hate to get up while a movie is showing to go and use the toilet. With my next payday in two weeks we will see another movie. We spend so little time together, what with my crazy work schedule and her living with her mom, even if only a few blocks away.

I am Legend was a fantastic movie, i would call it the saddest scary movie i've seen. I hear the book is really good as well. I was surprised by Walk Hard, its humor was witty and Brechtian (actor thing ask if you want more info) in a way. Very funny and worth the time to see. Sweeny Todd is a master piece of film. GO SEE THEM ALL!

Daddy/hubby and I saw National Treasure:Book of Secrets on Christmas Eve.... we both liked it, but both agreed the first one is better.... I'm with daily di though.... I hope we don't have to wait too long to find out what's on page 47.... the than that, dont really have any desire to see the other choices....most liikely will wait for I am Legend to come out on DVD... which we will probably never rent anyways lol....

Well movies is something I do a lot of - I perhaps watch 350 a year and I seem to be in a minority here....lol

I too hurried to see "I Am Legend" as I am a big fan of Will Smith, I consider him a funny/action/dramatic/thriller sort of actor - so basically you've got everything there rolled into one guy!

I was hugely disappointed with I Am Legend - I thought it was one of the worst movies (of the main stream hyped up genre) that I'd ever seen.

The story has been done to death (if you want to see how it works well get hold of 28 Days Later), I thought Smith must have been short on cash to take on a script like this, there was no depth to it. It relied soooooo heavily on the car chase scenes, the flashbacks and it was crying out for some other actor to be in it with Smith from a much earlier stage.

Seriously guys - I thought it was dire - struggling to give it 2/10 because of the twist at the end was fairly clever. I thought the sequel to 28 days later (28 weeks later) was the worst film of this type to poision our screens in 2007 - it just got owned by this one - bloody awful....lol

National Treasure is something I will watch. I think Nicholas Cage ranks in my top 10 favourite actors, but so did Smith....lol. I hear positive mumblings from people on IMDB, the same people who slated I Am Legend......soooo I will be seeing that one later today or tomorrow.

Sweeney Todd will be on my list too - can't wait for that actually - Johnny Depp is just a groovy actor - he MADE Pirates Of The Carribean with his camp, outlandish portrayal of Captain Jack Sparrow.

The only cartoons I watch are the Simpsons and "new" cartoons - Alvin and The Chipmunks has been done before so I wont bother with it. The others mentioned might come up as possibilities in the future.

I can recommend two movies that you guys may have missed and are currently on DVD..............Superbad was one of the funniest American comedies I have seen in years. It's like American Pie, 40 Year Old Virgin and Porky's all rolled into one (I'm showing my age with Porkies!) Trust me - if you want to having aching stomach muscles for hours - watch it, the cast are virtually unknown....but wont be for long!

Also, you may have missed Rescue Dawn - that was out a while back and I had the chance to see it recently. Awesome, action, touching, graphic Vietnam-War movie - Christian Bale was at his amazing best and the supporting cast was just about at the right level.

Take care

dynamick x

1st nick cage = wooden man of Hollywood in my humble opinion so cant imagine ill be seeing national treasure any time soon!

2nd johnny depp is about the only dude in the world id consider homosexuality with, so probably might check sweeney todd out!

and 3rd alvin and them bastard chipmunks were annoying when it was a cartoon so its got to be doubly annoying on the silver screen!

sorry about the ranting but some things do irritate me (ie nick cage, he boils my piss) xxx have fun ppl xxx

I voted for I am Legend.

I watched and found the film to be pretty good. Like the movie Signs, faith plays a big role in the plot. Will Smith played the part well.

Just a suggestion, check out No Country for Old Men. Although somewhat experimental for a mainstream film, it is still the best I have seen I've seen in the last year.