LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Do You Suffer From Depression

nurse_lover

Are you depressed, and what type are you?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Do you currently suffer from depression?

• Yes, psychologist/psychiatrist diagnosed
    • Yes, self diagnosed
    • No, but have in the past
    • No, and have not
  2. 2. What type of depression do you have?

• Unipolar depression
    • Bipolar (manic) depression
    • Hypomanic depression
    • Other (please eleborate)
    • Not applicable
  3. 3. Do you take medication for depression?

• Yes, anti-depressants
    • Yes, herbal supplements
    • Yes, mood stabilizers
    • No, I do not take medications
    • Not applicable

Being an TB/AB/DL, bedwetter, or incontinent (sorry if I left anyone out) can put strains on us that are not present in "Normal" people. This can put strain on jobs, relationships, family, and otherwise make life more complicated. I had a very rough childhood, and suffered depression numerous times over the years, and have had to take medications on several occasions. Having alcoholics in the family, and wetting the bed regularly did not go well together, as it was not understood and got me yelled at to no end. I hated life and had few friends. In high school, I made a few attemps to kill myself, but fortunately did not succede. After a suicidal relapse last year, I began going to a psychiatrist again, and while he does not know I wear diapers, encouraged me to go out and do what I enjoy and makes me happy. He has also prescribed antidepressants, and the combination of the two have made a huge difference in my life, allowing me to enjoy living again. I have also been hypomanic a few times, but the severity was not enough for mood stabilizers. In fact, diapers seem to stabilize my mood in a way. The warm comfortable "everything will be ok" feeling. Has anyone else here had to battle this horrible condition, and how does it relate to your diaper wearing?

Yes, I have been diagnosted with depression. At a very early age I had Cancer of the brain. It was a tumor that developed on my brain stem. It was successfully removed but has left me with sevier depression. I take Paxil for the depression and Lamictal for a mood stabilizer. This combination seems to be working quite well at the moment! :thumbsup:

Guest Baby Peter

Had depressions in the past (self diagnosed back then), though therapist diagnosed Borderline.

Not getting medications, nor going to therapy anymore due to minor issues with it.

usually balance myself fair enough to not be bothered by it for more then a week or 2 before returning to months of no issues.

Bipolar II

"Official" diagnosis

No meds...NEVER again.

Opinion on Diagnosis: Accurate

Borderline personality disorder

"Official" diagnosis

No meds.

Opinion on Diagnosis: Bullcrap. The doctor who diagnosed me with this saw me for 15 minutes, total. He only diagnosed me with this because of bouts of self injury.

let's see if we go by the axises.

1: Unipolar depression, ADHD w/impulse control disorder.

2: Mixed learning disablility not other wise specified

3: None

4: multiple medical conditions.

This is from 4 separed doctors, to VA, 2 independant, and man I hate thoses test as I know them by heart right now. I'm one three medication depakote, remron, and ritlalin, of course if I need the antidote for ritlalin, I can always take ritalout.

after a rough and tough childhood (not really worth talking about... it's quite a thing of the past and I've come to peace with my past...)

I've had some major shit happen to me for about three years ... hit me hard... put me down, I didn't want to go on anymore, didn't care if someone would shoot me, roll over with his truck or if I'd accidentially fell of a cliff or whatever else... I was not going to kill myself due to a promise once given. and if I give my word, well I stick to it, no matter what price I'll pay. but I wouldn't have minded if someone else did it to me...

I got in a good number of harsh fights - lived a very wrong life.

It was until a gang of five finally tried to mug and knife me when I came to live again - fought like a madman - struggled for life.

I got a few nicks and dents, but managed to get me out of that situation fairly well... it was instinct, instinct of survival... but it got me thinking.

got me by my "balls" and made me change a few things... I kind of "started" over... cut off some serious crap...

I've never seen a shrink about any of my emotional and self-hating issues back then... I don't mind psychiatrists and such, but I'm not the type of guy who needs to talk to solve problems... and meds? hell no way I'm gonna take any sort of that stuff. I never did drugs, I never smoked and even if I am fully aware that stuff like antidepressants (serotonin reabsorbtion blockers and that) are not "drugs" by a classic sense of the word, it is still something I would feel fucking uncomfortable with taking... On the other hand I've known a good number of guys and girls out there who have taken these meds at various points in their lifes and with a few of 'em it really made a difference.

but still... I couldn't get myself to do it.

for me the physical workout has always proven to be a good way to rid me of stress and an overload of bad emotions... if it's bad these days I go running up the hill until I can't take it further and then some more. if I'm totaly angry I go to the shooting range and practice target shooting for points - calms me down a good bit ;) if I'm down and depressed after a fucked up day (hey there are bad days in everyones life once in a while) well I'll work it out somehow... but in some good sound,... cook some nice food... drink a good beer, chill out a bit...

but I never really had the need to seek comfort in others with my problems... actually if I'm down and out I prefer solitude. maybe because at those moment I'm the most vulunerable.

I was diagnosed with clinical depression alomst a year ago. I was also diagnosed with anxiety/panic disorder 3 months ago.

I have been a self-harmer for the past 3 years also.

All my mental problems are genetic though.

I was on anti depressants for my panic attacks because at one stage, the anxiety i ws feeling was alomst paralysing.

But i went off them because they made me feel spacey and unreal.

I am okay now, but i have to be careful when i begin to feel depressed because i can get strong suicidal urges.

• 3 weeks later...

OMG!

I'm blown away with the amount that has been medically DX with depression.

Half of us! I guess I'm in good company then.

We all deal with this thing the best way we know how.

Some are constructive about it. And some go the other way.

My DL side is a "security blanket" I guess.

Usually I cycle (BP2) and wear when those times I need something extra.

Sometimes I wear for a week and sometimes, just for a day or so.

I gave up on trying to psychoanalyze it a long time ago.

That's why I put what I did on my signature.

I confided about wearing to my first shrink, and that's what he told me.

Works 4 me!

• 10 years later...

I have been a mental train wreck most of my life. My parents didn't treat me right growing up and I was relentlessly harassed and bullied throughout school. Doc's think that pumping me full of meds can fix me but things aren't really that simple. I've attempted suicide 5 different times and ended up on a 96 hour hold for each of those attempts. Don't even get me started on those places (psych hospitals). They are very much like a jail. Sorry for the rant, just having been through all of this was a nightmare and I am afraid that there is still more of that to come.:59_EmoticonsHDcom:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Depression  Disorder    is ONE of the  100 +   Side diagnosis   usely  coming    aside with  MBD    = Minimal brain dysfunction my ord  and first diagnose   so as i have  MANY  of the  other  side diagnosis  yes    i  sadly  do have  this     ?