• an islamist
    • agnostic
    • athiest
    • undecided
    • a Pagan

• 1 month later...
Guest lucys junibug

druid!!! hehehe

loving it...part of PF (pagan federation)

and doing course from The OBOD (Order of Bards, Ovates and Druids)

although im happy to be a bard i will do the whole thing but i feel the role of bard speaks most to me :)

I kind of like seeing how many are specifically LDS, but why is "Mormon" a seperate selection from "Christian"?

Because the Mormans aren't really Christians. They're more of a cult based around a false prophet and many of their beliefs clash with mainstream Christianity. The typical response from most Christians is "Eew! Mormons!".

I was raised catholic, 12 years of catholic school and dutifully went to church each week. Now, I am consider myself Christian. I Believe in God and Jesus Christ. I do not align myself with any church. I occasional got to church, but can't say I am a regular. I have a real problem child molesting clergy, anti abortionists who bomb/kill in the name of life, and the God hates fags crowd. I have never been arrested, never cheated on my wife. I do not fear my judgment day. I question things, but I think by questioning things, we cement what we really believe in.

I put Christian.

I'm a catholic (though, what with the fact one of my favourite passtimes is to suck cock, perhaps not a "good" one).

I don't take religion too seriously. Morally it is pretty handy as it generally provides you with a lot of examples of events and how it is possible to react etc, but so does your average teen drama. I am Catholic, but I rarely go to confession, and only go to Mass on what I deem special occasions. Usually anniversaries of deaths more than stuff like Easter or Christmas.

I have my own set of beliefs, however if I'm to classify under one, though I still believe in the existence of "God" my beliefs are more Pagan in nature. Paganism is a naturalistic belief. I believe in spirits, and I believe that they can be contacted, but my vision of God is not one of an entity or being, but of an energy that flows throughout the planet and all creation. Sorta like an energy that brings life. I believe the Chinese call it the Chi. When someone dies, they aren't lost completely, they move on into the a sort of parallel world where they exist within the energy and may see new life.

This may be why I'm a furry. A fox spirit and a human spirit are one in the same, it is only the body that is different.

Closest I got is "Agnostic." I'm not for organized religion, especially given the strict standards you have to fit in. What if I believe Christ was incarnated, was born of a virgin, was crucified, resurrected, and ascended- but I don't believe He's coming back? What if I also believe in Krishna? Or Ganesh? Or even in satanic deities, like Asmodeous? What if I have a Kabbalistic Diagram with Hindu names on it? Boy, I'm blaspheming everyone all over the globe with my beliefs! Even Atheists, because I think the Flying Spaghetti Monster is heresy. Except not really, that was a joke. If you want to hear the reasoning behind that, just send me a PM.

I believe that we need to chose for ourselves what we believe. I don't believe in God as all-powerful because that logic doesn't add up. So He can do everything, but He decided not to. Like He could have stopped the Crusades from happening, or the Holocaust. Or something. Apparently He's waiting for end times, when there is not a single stone that has not been unturned, and when there are rumors of wars...earthquakes, etc. The whole concept sounds like Vishnu to me...

Occasionally, the balance of power is upset in favor of evil, and then Lord Vishnu is believed to descend to earth in a mortal form (his avatar) to save humankind or the world.

Source: HINDU TRINITY, rudraksha-ratna.com

My belief: "The Truth is one- Sages call it by Various Names."

Christian here.

I would as a question to anyone who does not believe in a supreme being. Will you feel the same way on your deathbed?

If you go to any prison's death row, you will find some form of religion among people who are scheduled to be executed.

i'm an athiest, but i'm always one to be prepared so on my deathbed will ask for forgiveness of all my sins to every god i can think of... you know... doesn't hurt to cover all your bases eh?

• 2 weeks later...

Definitely Christian -- but I wholeheartedly share the position of those who are disgusted by the judgemental and discriminatory "radical religeous right". I read an essay the other day that pointed out that Americans (ie. U.S.A.) put up billboards the say "Love Thy Neighbor" and go out and rape and kill those neighbors in numbers that would stagger any European country.

I belong to a denomination that most closely aligns with my personal beliefs but don't feel obliged to swear to everything the church professes. I think a lot of the problem that people have with religeon stems from the fact that God (or the "first cause" or the positive energy that one of us mentioned) is far beyond our mortal ability to fully com[rehend or describe. When we try to do that we reduce God to human terms, which be definition are fallible. I don't conceive of God as a grandfatherly figure floating on a cloud somewhere; the closest I can come is the creative force (and positive energy) from which everything in the universe wqs created.

Religeon is our mortal effort to comprehend and describe what is beyond our capacity to comprehend and describe -- but it is worth the effort. For me the bottom line is that when I am a much better person when I am most in touch with my religeous convictions. Experience has shown me that people feel best about themselves -- with truly legitimate self-esteem -- when they are helping others. To me the paradox in the biblical statement "the last shall be first" makes perfect sense; we are at our best when serving others.

This is starting to sound too much like a sermon so I'll wish everyone a wonderful day and stop here.

I'm a Christian, but not one of those judgemental ones. In my belief, that responsibility is solely in the hands of who I believe in. There is a little hypocrisy in every organizied religion I've observed. Of course, my observations are limited: Roman Catholicism, Southern Baptism, LDS (Mormans), Thai Travada Buddists, Korean Baptists, Iraqi Sunni and Shia Muslems and few other smaller groups. Each have merits and each have shortcomings. In my mind, each is better than nothing, but that's just my opinion.

Aloha,

Honu

I'm a Buddhist; tho I wouldn't call my faith particularly "active". I like to live by Buddhist ideals; to live life for the purpose of bettering myself ~ and I do meditate quite often; but its more a self-hypnotic sort of trance than proper meditation I suppose :3

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...