LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Psycological Aspect Of Wearing A Diaper.

When I was a toddler in the 70's I can remember being told that wetting and messing in my pants was a babyish thing to do. No big boy would want to mess in his pants, and we all wanted to be bigger and older when you were 4 years old. I lived in an era when putting your toddler back into diapers was the sign of ultimate failure. You simply weren't a good parent if you had a child that had accidents in the daytime.

I remember walking home from primary school with a friend of mine who was constantly having accidents. I was 7 or 8 at the time and I felt truly sorry for my chum as he had to endure endless ridicule at the hands of merciless 8 year olds. Kids can be cruel. He had messed in his pants and was petrified at the prospect of going home and showing his father. His Dad was an alcoholic and Mom wasn't much better. He never told me, but I knew he got a beating whenever he wet or messed his pants. It was truly a piss-poor situation. I see him today and he is a shell of a man. No prospects in life and no hope. Had he been nurtured when growing up he might have turned out alot different. Had he been told that some kids take alot longer to develop physically than others. His parents had options. I know my friend would have resisted wearing a diaper again if his parents took that road, but if it could have spared him the constant teasing he had to bear at the hands of those 8 year olds, he might have been different today. No child should have to endure that kind of torture for the sake of learning how to control his or her bladder.

Today parents have more options. In the 70's there weren't all these fancy pull-ups that fit children well into their teen years. Sure we had disposable diapers, but once your child outgrew them that was it unless you wanted to use cloth. If someone needs to, they can wear disposable diapers for their entire life from birth to death. However with this ability comes a new form of neglect. A child no longer needs to recieve the care and attention that he or she once needed when wearing diapers. I know from personal experience that I can wet a diaper and not feel uncomfortable for quite some time. Children are spending longer periods of time in dirty diapers because their parents simply do not have the time or the will to change them. Children are getting weaned off of diapers at older and older ages due to all this extra capability of today's modern diaper. Is this a bad thing? If your child truly had an issue with potty training, then there is no problem at all. Maybe society is more forgiving today than it was 30 years ago. All I can say is that if I had a choice between wearing wet pants or a wet diaper back then, I would have chosen the diaper. Would I have been a better person today because I wore a diaper? Maybe.

• Like 1