LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Best Way To Double?

What exactly is the best way to double diaper? Is it better to stick a thicker diaper on top or thinner diaper on top? Also, I posted this question on my blog but how does everyone cut their diaper so as to let the pee leak through and actually get the benefits of doubling!

Hugs!

The way I double up is to lay one diaper out flat and then take the second one and use a pair of scissors and poke a hole about 6 to 8 inches down from the front. Next I slide the tip of the scissors in and pull up seperating the backing from the insides of the diaper. I then cut a long slit along the wetness indicator (if the diaper has one, if not I just cut down the middle). I usually cut about a 12 inch or so slit. Then I take the second diaper and put it down inside the first and diaper up normally. This method works for me and I dont usually have a problem with the absorbant material from the cut diaper clumping up or falling out during changes.

As for where to put the thicker diaper, if I dont use two diapers of equal absorbancy, I will put the thicker diaper on the outside.

I hope this helps you out.

GF

Best off getting some Abri-Lets or other stuffers.

This.

There's not a lot of sense in using a product which is designed to -block flow- in order to increase absorbency. That just doesn't make sense. A good stuffer needs to supplement and even if you poke holes in a baby diaper it's still going to block a majority of the flow from spreading.

Plus, stuffers are way, way less expensive.

Since using a thick diaper like Abena Xplus, I don't tend to stuff my diapers as much as I use to when I was wearing attends and depends, I must admit those diapers defenitely need the extra stuffers.... however, I do enjoy on occassion, using pampers as stuffers. I sooooo loveeeeeeeee the smell of pampers. I usually take off the sides of the pampers, where they fasteners are, they tear off very easily. Then I usually use scissors or a knife and make slits into the pampers, making sure not to cut too deep, you don't want the stuffing to come out. Then I usually hot glue about 5 or 6 pampers into my diaper. Makes me want to go make one now! They work great, when you wet, it goes through the pampers, making you able to use the diaper for multiple wettings.

Long slit is the way to go... I've tried all the methods, from pin pricking to small cuts along the diaper. Be careful though to give some room on the top and bottom, or else the chances of it leaking gel will go way up.

Oh, and double diapers will eventually leak gel out the sides... but, it's nowhere near as bad as cleaning up a leak :)

Guest Diaperdragon

With Abena X plus diapers, you don't need to double up on them. Though if you want to make them as thick as turtlepins, then you can double up on Abena X plus, though they would make you waddle

I doubled an Abrena X-Plus with an Abrena Maxi booster once.

I thought I had soaked the thing after a few hours but I barely managed to wet the thing at all.

My all time fav is still Attends with an Abrena Maxi booster, keeps the Attends from bunching up.