LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Mimi's Struggle

look you got a grate one so here it gos gust right any thing down and it will free you p.s don't lesson to any ones ides yours are always the best ones gust saying but if i were in her shoes i would be trying to get my sibling into diapers too so that way I'm not the only one in diapers? just a thought? p.s if she cerys out this plan then she will deafeningly lose all control so his thought would deafeningly not work!

look you got a grate one so here it gos gust right any thing down and it will free you p.s don't lesson to any ones ides yours are always the best ones gust saying but if i were in her shoes i would be trying to get my sibling into diapers too so that way I'm not the only one in diapers? just a thought? p.s if she cerys out this plan then she will deafeningly lose all control so his thought would deafeningly not work!

I think that Mimi is on the right track with the bladder streching, if she workes at it it should help in the long run.

I just finished reading the first chapter and Ive gotta say, its tremendously good. i enjoyed it so much, couldnt even go to the bathroom, had to hold the pee in until I finished.(too bad I dont have a diaper on now :( what a relief that would have been to just let it go) :) I cant wait to continue!

Im currently in the middle of the fifth part and I truly love and enjoy it. I have to write this comment now otherwise Id forget. I think youve done a terrific job on portraying Mimi, her relationship with her mom and sister, I particularly like to part where theyre in the line in the store. I cant wait to continue the story.

Please write as much as you can, its really one of my favourites!!! :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

Sorry for the long wait everyone, if its consolation I also updated my other story with two chapters!

Chapter 7

The very first morning of Mimi’s plan was already showing hidden benefits. She had woken up wet as she sometimes did, but it didn’t take her long to stop feeling bad about it. After all, if she was going to keep this up she would likely have many wet mornings so what did it matter? She tried to remember if she’d woken up at any point during the night needing to go. At that moment she couldn’t quite recall if she had or hadn’t but it was o.k. - she assumed that she’d held on for as long as she could before wetting and falling back asleep. Probably.

It was actually quite liberating to think that she wouldn’t have to get out of bed in the middle of the night anymore, until she got out of diapers of course, because winter was on its way and it could get pretty cold outside of her bed. Still, she wanted to keep up appearances so remained totally unresponsive as her mother came in to give her the routine morning check. Not that it really mattered; her diaper was pretty soaked so her mom could tell it was wet despite Mimi lying slovenly on her front. A quick tug at the back of her P.J’s was enough to reveal a soggy butt.

School was a little bit trickier since she didn’t want to risk anyone finding out about her situation. Being in pull-ups meant Mimi would have to be pretty vigilant with changes so that she wouldn’t leak, but it was just as important to keep up her plan here. Perhaps it was even more important, as Mimi soon realised that her routine of using the bathroom at any opportunity could only have been hurting her control. Forcing herself to go all the time meant she wasn’t getting any holding-on practice while at school, and that had to be affecting her wetting habits at home. Deciding that was all about to change actually gave Mimi a lot of confidence, because it was something she hadn’t factored. She thought about shortening her time scale there and then, but decided that it would be best just to keep to the same plan and hope that this revelation would simply speed up the process.

It didn’t take long for Mimi’s confidence to falter once school began. She hadn’t gone straight to the bathroom like she usually would have done, which resulted in Mimi wetting her pull-up during first period. Not a good start. Normally if this would have happened she would have changed straight away, but then normally she wouldn’t be expecting to wet again for the rest of the day. As usual she only had two spare pull-ups in her bag, and she didn’t want to make a mess of things on her first day so she decided to wait until at least third period before changing, figuring that she wouldn’t need the bathroom again for a while.

It turned out to be a good decision, since she didn’t wet again until after lunch time. And this time she had a much more productive spell of holding on, to the point where she practically flooded her pull-up once she couldn’t hold out any longer. The result was actually quite scary for Mimi, who was so afraid she might have leaked that she didn’t move during the whole of fourth period. Even at the end of class she dawdled about with books and her bag just so she could be sure everyone had left before she slowly got up. No marks on the seat - that was a good sign, and a brief check of the back of her skirt revealed there were no patches there either. In Mimi’s mind it was safe enough to quickly nip to the bathroom, where a more thorough inspection showed no leakages anywhere else. She was relieved to find out that although soggy, her pull-up had managed to contain her “accident”, and that meant she wouldn’t have to worry about flooding pull-ups as part of her plan, which made her very happy. She didn’t want to take any more chances though and changed into her last pull-up right there, as it wasn’t long until the end of school and safety.

Surprisingly enough Mimi was still dry at the end of school and didn’t feel any need to use the bathroom, so she was confident that she could at least get home in a clean pull-up. That was something to look forward to, even if she was two short…

The journey back was a different story however. As soon as Mimi started to walk she felt her lunch suddenly catch up with her. The young girl was fairly surprised at how quickly the urge had come on, and was silently glad that nothing had startled her at that moment for she would surely have soiled her pull-up. Having only just left the school Mimi instinctively turned around to go back and use the bathroom, but before she got part way she stopped herself. Would that be such a good idea? Up until this point she hadn’t really considered it much, but now that she thought about it she realised that her messy accident the day before was part of the reason she decided to make a plan. And she had to admit, the sudden urge was a good indication that she needed to practice holding that too. In the end there was no real decision to make, she had to try.

Once the initial shock was gone, Mimi actually found it pretty easy to keep holding so long as she didn’t walk too fast. It would certainly wait until she got home.

Today’s check was preformed in the front sitting room, where her mother had been ironing the laundry and then subsequently called Mimi to as soon as she heard the door open. Ally of course was already there sitting on the sofa watching T.V, or at least acting as though she were watching T.V.

“Good day I hope?” her mother asked as Mimi walked into the room.

“Uh-huh.” She replied casually. It had been a pretty successful day as far as Mimi was concerned. She had certainly learned a lot and felt much better about herself.

“All dry?” was the next slightly patronising question.

“Um, yeah…” Technically it was the truth, she was dry, and the speedy pull-up check confirmed it. However, the bag check was a different matter. At first Mimi only felt an unzipping action and assumed her mother was just looking, but this was soon followed by a deeper search, then a more rigorous excavation. Finally all was still.

“I m guessing your other two pull-ups weren’t as lucky as this one?” The comment made Mimi turn bright red. Despite telling herself that she had put them to good use, she knew that her mother would never see it that way. Her embarrassment stemmed mostly from imagining what she assumed her mother thought had happened, not to mention Ally, who was now sternly paying attention. Mimi was glad that at least she hadn’t soiled herself, so she just silently waited until everyone else was done thinking lowly of her and she was led away by her mom for the inevitable.

As usual the pull-up had been taken off with all haste and so Mimi stood, in her temporary panties, faced with the prospect of using the bathroom. Every fibre of her being was telling her to go because she wouldn’t get this chance again. Her mother rarely indulged her like this, and normally she would force herself to use the bathroom to experience the brief freedom of non-disposable underwear. This time however, it just didn’t seem right. Minus the previous embarrassment she‘d had a productive day, and she couldn’t help but feel that this would be a step in the wrong direction. Sure she knew that she needed to go, but the urge had lessened considerably now that she wasn’t constantly moving so it wasn’t that bad. She confessed that she wasn’t exactly sure how long she’d be able to hold on for, but it would be long enough to make her feel that going now wouldn’t be helpful.

Sadly, instant regret was something that Mimi was beginning to experience all too often. As soon as her mother laid her down to put her diaper on, the urge to go rushed back threefold. She wondered then if she’d made the wrong decision, but couldn’t help feel that if she had it wasn’t entirely her fault. Before letting Mimi use the bathroom, her mother would usually make her lie or least sit down to take off her pull-up, but for some reason this time she had done it while Mimi was still standing. Any other day she would have considered this a victory, but today it meant that she was unaware of the consequences of a horizontal change.

Now it was too late. Mimi was still managing to hold on but she knew that as soon as her mom was done she would have to make a very quick decision.

So far so good - Mimi was staying calm and more importantly, in control. Her mom seemed to be taking forever though, which made her wish even more that she’d had a chance to discover what would happen earlier - She could certainly have held on for the time it took to remove a pull-up.

Each stage of the change brought different problems; lifting her legs was obviously hard work and she was glad it came at the start of the change before her discomfort got more serious. Then when her mother rubbed powder over her she found it very difficult not to just relax because it tickled slightly. The taping up of her diaper didn’t help either, with the snug fit adding unexpected pressure. Fortunately when her mother was done she had refrained from any kind of diaper patting, which would certainly have pushed her over the edge.

Once her mother had left, Mimi stayed still for a few moments not knowing what to do. She figured that she could still make it to the bathroom and save the situation so long as she didn’t make any sudden movements. That was easier said than done, for as she slowly lifted herself up from her bed her discomfort increased dramatically. One thing was for sure, there was no way that she was going to try putting her skirt back on first!

Mimi put all of her effort into concentrating as she edged across the room from her bed to her door, but with every step she took she could feel her control slipping. It didn’t help that the diaper was forcing her legs apart and making it more difficult to walk. She was only halfway when a sudden cramp forced her to stop and bend over - Mimi clutched the back of her diaper but it was far too late to stop her completely filling it.

“Aw, damn it…” she said, equally as frustrated at her level of control as with her poor judgement. Mimi just stood rigid on the spot for several moments not wanting to move in case it made things worse. Oh well, she supposed she would have to get used to regular soiled diapers anyway if her control was going to get any better. But she didn’t have to tell her mom just yet…

“Mimi honey, I…” her mother stopped in the doorway while she took in the scene. It was picture perfect. Mimi was of course still frozen in the middle of the room bent over slightly with her diaper fully exposed and in profile view. The situation couldn’t have been clearer.

“Um, what is it mom?” Mimi said innocently, hoping that her mother had turned blind… and lost her sense of smell.

“Well I just came back because I forgot to tell you when dinner would be ready, but I guess that can wait.” She said closing the door behind her. “Mimi dear, would you mind telling me what happened?” There was a pause as Mimi carefully looked at herself and the position she was still in, and then gradually turned to look at her diaper.

“What does it look like?” she said sighing in frustration. Just as she thought things couldn’t get much worse, she started to cry. It was probably the shock of being caught more than anything, but she secretly told herself that she was only doing it to make it look like an accident. Her internal excuses were of little solace.

Disregarding the state of her diaper, Mimi instantly hugged her mother who embraced her in turn. She cried into her shoulder for a good few seconds not wanting to look her mom in the face.

“Mimi I’m not angry, but why didn’t you use the bathroom just now? Or at least have used your pull-up? Why did you save it for your diaper?”

Mimi didn’t know what to say. She didn’t want to tell the truth, and probably couldn’t have explained it even if she tried, but she also couldn’t think of anything else to say.

“I… I didn’t know it would happen…” she sniffed, which in a way was true.

Her mother didn’t say another word but Mimi knew exactly what she was thinking. She considered arguing her case, about how her control wasn’t as bad as it looked, but there wasn’t much point. Her mother assumed she had no control anyway, and she had brought it upon herself this time. After all, if she was going to be using her diapers more or less all the time now, what difference would it make what her mother thought? As long as the plan worked in the end, that was all that mattered.

• Like 1

I don't know if it was mentioned in the story, but I was just curious: how old is mimi? Based on the story she seems to be about high school age, but its a little tough to tell.

Thanks for the nice comments people! Still good to know I've not been forgotten...

As for Mimi's age - you didnt miss it in the story, its deliberately not there. Obviously shes in her teens but she can be around any age you want. I've found that its just easier to avoid consistancy issues if you leave it out, and that goes for most of my stories. In my head she has a definate age though so there shouldnt be too many glaring inconsistencies.

Thanks for the nice comments people! Still good to know I've not been forgotten...

As for Mimi's age - you didnt miss it in the story, its deliberately not there. Obviously shes in her teens but she can be around any age you want. I've found that its just easier to avoid consistancy issues if you leave it out, and that goes for most of my stories. In my head she has a definate age though so there shouldnt be too many glaring inconsistencies.

Well I LOVE these stories, when do you think that you can post up another chapter cause im hooked

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cloudroll

This is an extremely well-written story and definitely one of the best I've ever read (if not THE best). The author clearly has a talent for crafting engaging stories.

• 1 month later...

After a long absence here is the next chapter. To me it feels a little rushed but I needed to have it posted so I can continue writing while I have some inspiration! I recommend everyone read the topic "Should you post only as you write?" as you may get a better idea of why Im so slow to update and what you can do to help me go faster ^_^

Please stop asking if I've abandoned my stories. Believe me, 2 months between updates is not a long time for me!

Chapter 8

Two dirty diaper changes in as many days… Mimi was starting to lose a little bit of faith in her plan. She thought she had known exactly what she was getting into when she decided to go through with it, but now that it was upon her she realised just what a big change it was to go to all from nothing. She felt awkward, embarrassed, and small.

To make matters worse Mimi also realised just how wrong she had been to think that using her diapers on purpose would somehow empower her in times such as this. In reality she felt even worse, almost guilty that she was getting changed as a result of her actions and not because of a genuine accident. The feeling was not dissimilar to the one she’d had only moments before when she returned home without any spare pull-ups to show. Still, her day at school had put her in a good frame of mind so she just had to reassure herself that it was all going to be worthwhile. It stood to reason that the beginning would be the hardest part; her sudden change in behaviour and attitude would take some adjusting to for all involved, especially for Mimi herself. Things would be much better once everyone was used to the situation. She wanted it to seem normal and fall into a routine, but she had no idea how long that was going to take and could only hope it would be sooner rather than later. Knowing that her mother probably wouldn’t say anything gave her some ironic comfort, since she would now have to rely on that same uncompromising mentality she hated so much to get the routine set.

Sure enough, her mother didn’t even mention the subject when Mimi had to be changed again before bed. Instead she made the same idle small talk she always did whenever Mimi was too tired to make a fuss. The next morning went more or less the same.

And the next day. And the next.

It was hard to tell if her control would get any better in the new situation, which was at first mildly disconcerting to Mimi. After all, the whole point of going through her radical change in attitude and supposedly “giving in” to diapers was to come away with better control, so that she could fight the battle to get out of them. Still, it was early days for her new “routine” to be showing any noticeable results to her control, so Mimi was content not to worry about that side of things just yet. She even figured that it would be better just to forget about the goal altogether, lest she become discouraged by a lack of immediate results. First the hardships needed to be overcome so that the routine could be set, then rewards would make themselves evident much later.

Even Ally’s reaction to the whole thing, Mimi’s worst fear, wasn’t as bad as it could’ve been. Once Ally realised that the frequency of Mimi’s “accidents” was increasing, she made the conscious decision not to make a big deal out of it. She hadn’t exactly been the most supportive sister, and if Mimi was losing control she could be partly responsible. Basically she didn’t want to do anything that could make her feel guilty, while also secretly hoping that it would continue. This attitude actually worked to Mimi’s advantage. Since she had started treating her diapers with a lot more apathy, Ally had lost a lot of the power she had over her sister. She still made a point to take interest in every check, every after-school routine, every public change, but the thrill was gradually lessening.

School was becoming nicely routine too as Mimi eventually learned just how much a pull-up could take before needing a change. In the beginning it had been difficult keeping up with the plan through fear of her pull-ups leaking, and more than once she had been forced to keep a low profile because of exactly that turn of events. Her caution meant that it was never more than minor dripping as she wet her pull-ups in private, or small wet patches on her skirt as she let go in class - nothing too catastrophic (though her mom was quick to notice every time she came home with the latter). But those only accounted for a few weeks of teething trouble; she was now wetting almost freely during the day and could avoid most problems.

She also noticed that after a week or so of coming home with few or no pull-ups her mom had started slipping a few extra into her bag each morning which only made things easier. She was still unsure about messing at school, so would hold it on as long as she could to avoid having to deal with the situation that would arise. This resulted in more than one soiled pull-up on the journey home and subsequent finding out as soon as she entered the house, but she could deal with those consequences considering that she was still unsure just how well her pull-ups could hold up to that kind of accident.

So far Mimi’s biggest fear about just letting go was one that had barely materialized. She figured that by using her pull-ups at school it would seriously increase the chances of her friends finding out, and that she would have to be ever vigilant to keep from exposing herself. However, like most people who wear diapers in some capacity, Mimi had completely overestimated just how much they would show. Being wet made her pull-ups swell a little, but no where near enough for them to sag below her skirt or cause a bulge. She avoided her friends if ever she had a leak, and that was all it took to keep the secret going. It was obvious that being in pull-ups and not diapers made all the difference, and Mimi was thankful her diapers were far away safely back at home.

Soon, using her diapers at home seemed like second nature to Mimi. It didn’t take her long to stop using the bathroom altogether when diapered, instead being dependant on her mother for changes. Much to Mimi’s relief, the increase in diaper changing was simply taken on board by her mother as though nothing was different; she would change her in more or less the same way and in all the same places, the only difference being that they were now more regular. As a result checks became a more regular occurrence too. Occasionally, instead of asking Mimi if she needed a change like she normally would, her mother had taken to stealing quick checks whenever it was convenient to get at her diaper, like if she was walking by or just lounging around in the sitting room. At first Mimi felt uncomfortable if this happened and would revert back to her old ways of resisting interaction with her diapers, but whenever she did that her mother would become frustrated and the resulting diaper change would be less than civil, so she soon learned to go with it. After all she guessed it was probably just to save time, and if she needed changing then there was no real reason to cause a problem. It certainly made things easier.

One thing Mimi still clung to however, was her sacred panties allowance that came right after school before she had her diaper put on, and on a morning if she was dry. The latter didn’t happen very often any more, but still she made a point to indulge whenever she could to remind herself that just because her plan meant soiling her diapers, it didn’t mean she needed them.

Mimi also made a point to keep using the bathroom whenever she had underwear on, a decision that was easily justified after the mistake she’d made the first time. No way was she going to have a repeat of that! Filling her diapers was one thing, but right in front of her mother like some bratty little kid was not her idea of a successful mission. Now she always made sure to use the bathroom during panty time if she needed to, ending the possibility of a reoccurrence. And it wasn’t as though it jeopardised her plan either. Initially Mimi had been worried that using the bathroom at any point would not help her build up control, but it was often the case that she really did need to go by the time she got her panties on, which wasn’t surprising when she considered the timing. On a morning if her diaper was dry then there was a good chance she’d need to go as soon as she woke up, and Mimi had taken to not wanting to mess at school so often she would still be holding on by the time she got back, if she hadn’t already filled her pull-up of course. Indeed, there was no point risking having an accident in her beloved panties when using the bathroom wasn’t making much of difference anyhow.

Secretly though, her main reason for keeping up the bathroom habit was purely for her own sense of self satisfaction. Now that she was almost constantly in a wet diaper, peeing the way a big girl should felt ten times better than it ever did. Yes, her brief underwear sessions kept Mimi’s morale high through out the whole ordeal; they were something to look forward to, a welcome respite: Mimi’s rock.

A few weeks into the plan and Mimi was on her way home as usual. Her pull-up was pretty soaked, causing some discomfort, but she still had two dry ones in her bag - a first since she’d started wetting them on purpose. The reason for her pull-up’s current condition had been carelessness; she flooded it more or less without thinking which had caused yet another leak. As a result her skirt showed the familiar wet spots that were characteristic of her transition to wetting in school. All the same, Mimi figured that her mom wouldn’t exactly care, and after all it had happened during last period. Having two clean pull-ups to show was a good enough incentive not to change at school, and she was planning on holding on her other need until she could use the bathroom anyway.

“Soaked again.” Her mother remarked to herself, more at the dampness of Mimi’s skirt than at the state of her pull-up, which was pretty much normal.

“And two spare.” She added after checking her daughter’s bag. Mimi beamed with pride, but she did not receive the encouragement that she would have liked.

“Why didn’t you use one to change?”

“It happened on the way home.” Mimi lied, almost instinctively. Not that her mother had really been expecting an answer, but it was important to keep up appearances. With a sigh, the offending skirt was once again tossed into the laundry pile to be cleaned. It made no difference to Mimi, who had several more matching skirts in her room – one of the few merits of having a school uniform. Ally looked on with renewed fervour. Seeing Mimi in a wet pull-up was not as satisfying as a wet diaper, but the fact that she had leaked more than made up for it.

Mimi knew to lie down on her bed to have her pull-up taken off, the way she always did if it was wet so she could be cleaned up. She was careful at first because of her growing need to use the bathroom again, but she soon realised that it wasn’t too bad and so wouldn’t have to concentrate. She allowed herself to drift off as her mother removed the used garment and quickly cleaned up.

Humming a tune in her head, it took Mimi a few moments to realise that the change was over. Although, it might also have had something to do with the fact that her mother had not lifted her off the bed like she normally did, nor had she left the room. Instead she was still beside the bed, rummaging around in something. Mimi felt mildly embarrassed that she had allowed herself to remain in a change position nakedly day-dreaming, so she sat up and casually swung her legs off the bed. She hoped that her little drifting off hadn’t eaten into her underwear time.

Her mother immediately swung Mimi’s legs back onto the bed and just as casually pushed her back.

What the hell? Mimi let out a surprised gasp as she lost her balance and fell back onto the bed. She wasn’t quite sure what had happened, and was just about to exclaim some of her confusion when her mother appeared over her, apparently having finished rummaging. She promptly lifted Mimi’s legs, which Mimi automatically raised out of habit, and slipped a diaper under her.

“What are you doing?” Mimi asked, still a little disorientated.

“Erm, changing you?” her mother said, as though it was the dumbest question ever. Which in a way, it was.

“But why?”

“Because you wear diapers Mimi. Gosh you’re not doing very well today are you?” Mimi didn’t appreciate her mother’s sudden sense of humour one bit.

“But… you know what I mean!”

“I know hun, and I think you know what I mean when I ask you not to make a fuss.”

Mimi didn’t know what to say. After all, it was never really agreed that she was supposed to be wearing panties while her mother waited to put a diaper on her each day.

“I think I’ve been very good about letting you have your… “wishing time” after school. Don’t you?”

Mimi remained quite. She knew now what was happening and thought about resisting, but because she’d spent so much time being clueless the change was already too far underway.

“And although you may not have noticed it yourself, I think your potty training hasn’t quite been going in the right direction lately.” Mimi’s inner child turned from twelve to six to two years old in the space of one slanderous sentence.

“So I don’t think you should be without protection for such a long time anymore. I’m sorry sweetie, I know how you liked your private moments but I’m only thinking of you.”

Mimi thought about her mothers words. She knew in her heart that her “potty training”, the cringe worthy term that her mother often used to describe basically whenever she used the bathroom, was going in the right direction, but she was also fully aware that to everyone else it would appear to be the opposite. It was one of the biggest draw backs of her plan. She tried to rationalise that it wasn’t a problem; that since she was using her diapers it didn’t matter if she lost her brief underwear time.

Still, the diaper wasn’t taped up yet so there was always a chance, no matter how little she had to negotiate with.

“But I need to use the bathroom. I can feel it.” She said before instantly realising the stupidity of it.

Unaware of Mimi’s plan, her mother did not understand what Mimi was implying.

“That’s a good girl, I’ve nearly finished putting your diaper on. You can use the bathroom when I’m done.”

Moments later, the last tape was in place.

“There you go.” She said lifting Mimi to her feet, “Now you can go to the toilet.” Without the risk of accidents on the way, she added in her head but didn’t voice to Mimi. She was very much in favour of encouragement during the difficult training years.

Once alone, Mimi was left to lament her poor choice of words. She couldn’t beat herself up too much; although she would have liked to believe that a better defence could have swayed her mother’s decision, she knew deep down that it would never have worked. Ah well, just another thing she’d have to deal with to see the plan through. It hadn’t quite hit home that she’d lost her rock.

• Like 1

First off, thank you for continuing to update this story. I can't wait to see soem more posted up here :)

Secondly, I agree with Battle Mage. I like the dynamic you introduced with her mom doing away with pantie time. It almost makes Mimi second guess her plan once she lost the last bit of non-diaper time she had left.

Thanks for the nice comments guys (still waiting for some ego-stroking questions though :P )

After a flash of inspiration, here is another (albeit short) chapter!

Chapter 9

Now that she knew she wasn’t going to get underwear - the presence of a diaper instead of panties was a real giveaway; Mimi had to decide what to do about needing the bathroom. She stood staring at the toilet, having wandered there on auto-pilot after her mom’s advice, intent on using it. Now she was having a change of heart. She really wanted to give in and take her diaper off, but it just didn’t seem right now that she had no reason to. Her plan was very clear and needed absolute commitment if it was going to work.

Still, she was here now - she had made it to the bathroom. Which, when she thought about it, was her ultimate goal, right? And she did need to go, so what difference did it make that she would be pulling her diaper down instead of panties?

All the difference, and she knew it. She realised at that moment that she was lying to herself just for the sake of doing what would happen regardless of whether there was a toilet or not, and that put the integrity of her whole plan in jeopardy. She knew she would be able to hold on at least a bit longer, which in the end clinched the decision for her – she needed to try. After one last longing glance at the forbidden fruit, Mimi turned around and went back to her room.

What now? She needed something to occupy herself before the inevitable happened. Put some clothes on, that was the first thing she should do. No use waddling about with her diaper showing the whole time, especially since she would soon have to do the walk of shame down to her mom. A pair of sweat pants would do now that she was home and in her own company, nice pink ones of course. Mimi liked to feel girly from time to time. “Well that wasted a whole thirty seconds of waiting” she said out loud, scanning the room for a better event.

Mimi hadn’t played video games in ages. A fact she was beginning to regret once she realised how much fun it still was. Ten minutes into a fairly comical battle-style racing game and she was hooked. Just like riding a bike! She thought, as she moved into first position with only three laps to go.

Lost in the fast paced action of on screen mayhem, Mimi’s need to use the bathroom soon caught up with her. I’ll just finish this race then I’ll pause the game and work on concentrating, she negotiated with herself.

Ooooh, second place! That put her in joint first position in the season championships after only two races. Now she would have to at least see the next race through before she could stop, the standings were too close to break her momentum. No big deal. Her need wasn’t so bad and she was sitting in an awfully comfortable position. If anything it would help her hold on even longer, thus strengthening her control. It was too late to stop now anyway, the next race was practically starting and there is nothing worse than pausing a game mid-race for making your kart crash.

Third! Third?! She was robbed! Her Kart had been stopped at the post by an annoyingly well timed, not to mention hilariously shaped, missile. Cheating computer! That little stunt had dropped her down to second place overall by a single point. The AI was just jealous that she was going to defeat it, and defeat it she still would! Now her mind was totally on the next race.

The penultimate and most difficult track of the game, and unfortunately the one she remembered sucking at the most. Mimi had hoped she would be clearly ahead by this point so that the next course wouldn’t be important, but it would seem that video game skills do not return quite as quickly as she would have liked. It was going to take all of her concentration to at least place in the top three and have a chance at clinching the title in the final race that was to come. Her diaper felt fine so that wasn’t anything to worry about. She had managed to settle herself into a rather comfortable position which meant she didn’t have to make any sudden movements, allowing her to relax her tummy somewhat without any noticeable decrease in control. Just what she needed to keep her mind on the race ahead.

So far so good… her little sprite character was maintaining a steady but safe speed to avoid making mistakes on those dangerous corners, while slowly gaining on the leaders who were battling it out for pole position. If Mimi kept her focus she might even be able to sneak first at the last moment and give the computer a taste of its own medicine.

It was working! At the beginning of the last lap she had snuck her way into second place and was poised to take over first place. All she had to do was keep it cool and not make any mistakes, if she could hold out for a decent enough weapon then it would be game, set and match… Or it might have been, if only something very distracting hadn’t occurred at that exact moment.

Her diaper was suddenly filling. Confusion took over for a brief second as she realised her control had slipped without her noticing. That was the price for being so comfortable and focussed on her game, and Mimi couldn’t think of a great deal to do about it. She eventually decided just to let it happen, but the few seconds it had taken her to register what was going on had proved too be too much of a distraction. It was too late to stop her kart from spiralling off the track, costing her not only first but also second place too.

“Damn it all!” she cried in frustration. She was way angrier at herself than she was at her diaper. Why couldn’t she have just ignored it? It was going to happen at some point so it didn’t need thinking about, and certainly not at such a crucial moment in her race driving career. Poopy diaper or not she was determined to finish, but despite taking a clear first place on the final course of the season it wasn’t enough to position her above second in the league rankings.

Mimi was desperate to start a new race season, clear in her mind that this time she would be victorious. However, if she was going to be changed she would probably have to go now and get it over with while there was a natural break in her gaming, despite the fact that it would probably ruin the zone she had going on. That sucked. Still in her comfy position she actually didn’t feel bothered by her diaper, she’d much rather get straight back to racing than have to move. But, she couldn’t exactly just sit around until it suited her to be changed. Mimi had been dumb enough to announce that she needed to go potty when she was changed not so long ago; if she turned up any later with a dirty diaper then her mom would know she hadn’t made it to the toilet and would be wondering why she didn’t come sooner…

Or would she? Since Mimi had started using her diapers all the time, she had to admit there was a definite difference in her mother’s reactions. In particular she noticed that she’d been receiving a steady decline in accountability, a sure sign that the routine was nicely setting in. Come to think of it, she doubted whether her mom would even care what time she went to her. She could probably go whenever she wanted and she would be changed exactly the same. Mimi knew that her mother believed all of her soiled diapers were simply accidents, so it stood to reason that she wouldn’t be expected to notice right away, especially if she’d been busy doing something preoccupying. A great reason to ignore her diaper and keep playing…

On the other hand, it was probably because of her mom’s belief that Mimi sometimes “didn’t know” when she needed a change that diaper checks had become more regular. They could be very embarrassing, especially if she was messy. However, it really wasn’t that big of a deal when the stakes (the Gold Trophy) were so high. It would be totally worth risking a diaper check if she could snatch the title.

After what seemed like an unknown amount of hours Mimi had not only won the championship, but had also won it a second time and lost it a further two times. She was on the road to winning it for a third time, which would be the decider, when her mother walked in. She had been courteous enough to knock first, but sure enough she had only come for one reason.

“Hey there honey, you’ve been up here for quite a while so I just wanted to check on you. Everything o.k?”

Mimi didn’t answer. Partly because she was in the middle of the race but partly because she already knew exactly what her mom had come to check on. She simply reminded herself not to get distracted while it was happening and throw the race like she had done the first time.

Ironically, Mimi’s mother had initially intended on asking her whether or not she needed a change, since she figured that her daughter should at least have some responsibility in checking her diapers even if she evidently wasn’t prepared to come and ask herself. The times she just checked Mimi’s diaper without asking were more of a spur of the moment kind of thing, like if she happened to be passing and had an easy opportunity. However, because Mimi hadn’t answered and she didn’t like being ignored, her mother dispensed with pleasantries and Mimi lost her only chance to not have the embarrassment she was expecting.

“Alright then.” She said. And with that, her mother walked up behind Mimi who was sitting cross legged on her favourite large downy cushion in a prime spot to be checked. The smell was a little obvious but she wanted to be sure – after all, unsurprisingly the room had a naturally strong smell of powder and plastic with an underlying hint that more than one dirty diaper had been changed over the years.

As she was mildly leaning forward Mimi’s diaper peeked out from under her clothes, so when her mom tugged at the back of her sweat pants the diaper came with it. Instant confirmation. Mimi all the while managed to remain focused on glory, figuring that her mom needed to get everything ready for a change or would at least wait until she was finished. With one firm movement her mother picked Mimi up from out of her seat and ruined everything.

“No!” she yelped, manically scrambling for the pause button before the controller fell from her hands as she was carried over to the bed and out of reach.

“You need a new diaper Mimi, I’m afraid your game will have to wait.”

“But, but…” a little more warning would have been nice - a chance to pause it before being yanked out of the comfy spot! From her new position on the bed Mimi leaned over to catch a glimpse of the screen. Fortunately the game was frozen in pause mode, but the screen showed a particularly unfavourable crash. Aww nuts! That game was going to take some salvaging! She thought, before being pressed down onto the bed to have her diaper changed.

“Didn’t make it to the bathroom huh?” her mother asked as she un-taped Mimi.

“Um, yeah I did.” She lied, “but this was a different accident…”

“Uh-huh.” It was clear that her mother could see right through the lie and was not convinced. Mimi felt stupid for assuming her mother wouldn’t care about the whole waiting to be changed thing, but she guessed these were slightly different circumstances than usual. It was her own fault for announcing she would use the toilet, and her mother was obviously unaware of her plan so she deserved a little embarrassment.

“Sitting in that diaper can’t have been comfy hun. You know you can always come to be changed sooner if you need it right?” O.k, maybe she didn’t deserve this much embarrassment.

“I – I didn’t notice…” she lied again.

“You were probably too into your game dear, maybe you shouldn’t concentrate on it so much? You can hurt your eyes.”

“Yeah…” Mimi concluded. She didn’t like this conversation much, so she was happy to leave it there and wait for a new diaper.

Returning to her game, Mimi didn’t really feel like she wanted to play anymore. The frozen Kart crash looked particularly bad and she no longer had the heart to fight through more races. Just as she had predicted, having her diaper changed completely ruined her flow. But instead of feeling grateful that a delayed change had granted her a good amount of “in the zone” racing, she suddenly felt like she’d been wasting a lot her evening with nothing to show for it. It was time to call it a night for video games. But not before declaring herself overall champion of course.

• Like 1