LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Real Sex 32 - Hbo

This episode features a segment on Nanny Lynnette's birthday party. They did a nice job of explaining why people are adult babies. But...... It came off kind of creepy. Personally, I've always considered myself more DL. What people do in private and what works for them is fine by me. However, seeing a bunch of men dressed and acting like babies together seemed more like the Springer version of the AB world. I just don't think this will help public opinion much. If anyone else saw this, I'd be interested in hear your thoughts.

I couldn't really have the audio up very loud when I saw it (at work), but it seemed ok to me. I think it is just really hard to have a fair segment on AB's in particular. I mean, don't get me wrong, the actual Springer shows were probably worse because...you know...it was Springer....fake people, fake crowds, etc. With that being said, I don't know how you can show AB's in a "non-creepy" way to many people (I am not trying to be mean here, I just think many people won't ever understand it, and they will never be able to get past judging it as freakish).

From what I saw, the HBO thing was a pretty realistic view of how it works at such an event, so I can't fault the channel for anything there. Perhaps I missed something with the audio being down, so I am curious to know what made you find it coming off as creepy?

[i mean, don't get me wrong, the actual Springer shows were probably worse because...you know...it was Springer....fake people, fake crowds, etc. ]

Are you really serious when you say this ? I know someone who went on that show and given she knew she was gonna get in a fight, it was still not staged.

I agree with the opening statement too. I sounds like it was bringing us all off as really weird. I think they should have us DL's on the same show as people who enjoy wearing panty hose or womens clothing. It may come to the publics eyes a little clearer.

I have loved doing this lifestyle,fetish.....whatever you want to call it. I have been doing it for years now and after seeing the episode of Jerry Springer I have to admit it looks creepy :o I know I know......bangs head against wall trying to understand himself. But! I love my diapers and refuse to give up the ab/dl side of me. Say what you will of me :P

In trouble again

Little Leak

Why don't they do a documentary on a DL? I would expect there are by percentage more strictly DL's than AB's. However it does not make for good TV, better to show the extreme end.

"Are you really serious when you say this ? I know someone who went on that show and given she knew she was gonna get in a fight, it was still not staged"

Yes, but I did not mean AB guests per se. I watched a show once that talked about Springer guests. They talked to one guy in particular who was a KKK member one time, and within a year he was back as a transsexual, and within another year, he was one of those "You're my baby's daddy" guests. My point was that Springer is designed to make the guests (real or not) look bad, thus it would be worse than a segment such as the real sex one.

However, I am still curious, what exactly makes you guys think the segment was portraying AB's as weird? I am curious to know...was it a comment? Something shown in the segment?

I watched the HBO Real Sex episode with great interest because, as far as I was able to tell, it was going to be the first time American television would attempt to explain the peculiarity of our world in a straightforward, unbiased manner. No putdowns by late-night comics or Springer-style sensationalism. While I was very glad to see some of the common, overriding themes of our lifestyle addressed, i.e., 'has nothing to do with pedophilia or any kind of child involvement,' 'I wish I knew why I was like this, so happy to see others doing it, so I'm not alone,' 'love the feeling of helplessness when being diapered,' it did have its flaws. And this is where I agree with the creepiness contention. I mean how weird was that old lady in the high chair? She got way too much face time. And seeing the guy in the sandbox and how he interacted with one of the mommies gave me the sense that they were possibly holding back and going through the motions owing to the presence of the camera. As a result, it wasn't a good portrayal of just how warm and exhilarating an ab/mommy interaction can be. Of course there will always be plenty in the populace who think we are weird in the extreme regardless of how accurately we are shown, but overall it was certainly not a damaging portrayal. Me personally, after the the Sen. Vitter and Lisa Nowak scandals, I just wish the mainstream media would ignore us for a while.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...