Quickie: Cloth Or Disposable

DailyDi

Quickie: Cloth or Disposable  

736 members have voted

1. 1. Quickie: Cloth or Disposable

• Cloth Diapers
    • Disposable Diapers

• 3 weeks later...

I really prefer cloth for several reasons. They are more bulky, they hold more if you wear a lot of them, they are reusable, and they are environmentally friendly. They do have their drawbacks however. I really hate cleaning a messy cloth diaper after i use it. Also, sometimes when wearing plastic pants with a cloth diaper you can overheat which is not that fun.

Hi,

I tend to use both.

I wear a disposable under a terry and sometimes I even have trainer pants over that. Then my Mummy puts me in a pair of frilly rhumba pants and a onsie. Very often I'm triple nappied like that.

The disposable for security, the terry and trainers for the waddle, everything else to feel really small and babyish.

Baby Tickes :roflmao:

Proud disposable supporter!

I like cloth diapers... but not wet. Disposables are, for one, so much easier to deal with after being wet, and i like the sticky tabs over the safety pins. I cant explain it. I just like disposables more.

-Sophie

• 1 month later...

Cloth is all i ever use on all my babies, both big and small. I think nice thick cloth and pretty plastic pants make all you bigger babies look more like real babies. I tend to leave off their pants so i can see them in just the cloth diapers and plastic pants. Soooooo cute!!!

:P Hi mommy I'm baby kim a boy baby and I have always loved wearing thick cloth diapers some are with nursery prints on them so you can just tell under my transparent frosted plastic pants, I have a very nice adult nursery in my home with a big crib and big huge rocking horse, and a big toy box with my train and cars. I about 35 doz of cloth diapers and about 400 pairs of plastic pants, some are snap-ons and some are pull-ons I also have a closet full of adult baby clothes, like my over-alls and shorties and yes for nite nite time about 5 different pairs of footed PJ's, as a toddler I'm still on the baby bottle it makes me sleep better. But cloth is the best. have a nice day mommy baby kim :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I am pretty sure I wore both as a child, Cloth at home Pampers if we were out. When I started wanting to wear it was always about being put back in Pampers. Both my Grandma, Mother used the term Pampers. So my early curiosity was always towards disposables. When I was first buying my own was the mid 80's When Pampers were at their best. Now I am in various adult diapers but I still store them in a Pampers box. I have some plastic pants but they are old and not very good. I would like to try some good cloth sometime. I also do a fair amount of pants wetting.

• 2 weeks later...

im a fan of both i love cloth around the flat when ever, i can but going out i wear abena abriform x-pluses when i go out and want to wear a nappy. Love the bulk of a 2 terry square nappy folded into the kite fold :)

Huggles

Katie

Guest Baby-Toa

I've never had a cloth diaper before so i'm stuck with disposable. I wouldn't mind it if I had the chance to try a cloth at some point but I hear a lot of good things about them.

Cloth are stupid, they don't even crinkle, and tend to feel like a wet towel. Ew!

That is exactly what they are - when they get wet. You seem to have been from the 'disposable baby' generation.

However, my extended family hug trees.

- wow Angela, I tend to hug people, and sometimes plushies. Do trees hug back? Are they soft and warm and cuddly? :roflmao:

• 2 weeks later...

Ive tried cloth but wasnt a fan of the idea of having to clean them...plus the privacy factor is diminished when you have a roomate who doesn't know you wear. Hanging them up to dry would obviously be a hassle. With disposable, the same diapers i grew up with, I can just toss em and not worry about cleaning anything except my dirty butt....

I started in cloth; for years that's all I had. I later tried disposables;the Curity adult all-white 1s. They were very thick too;not like most now. Wearing 2 of them under jeans even b4 wetting every1 could tell you were in diapers. I too like the warm squishy feel of them wet. Sometimes I'll stuff a cloth diaper with 1-2 or more disposables (baby & or adult sizes) to get that squishy feel.blush.gif

• 2 weeks later...

my fascination was always with Pampers. The box, the smell, the feel. I am a disposable guy all the way, I wouldn't mind trying cloth in a forced scenario but it isn't my main thing. I don't care what the brand name is now or that they are for adults, they are still my pampers I keep my diapers in a pampers carton and call them my Pampers. I am at the age where I wore both I think I was primarily in cloth as a baby, I remember my brother in cloth. Probably was in disposables closer to potty training age, when out of the house. Their was always the threat though of being put back in Pampers.

for me, disposables all the way. since i still live at home, cloth ones are not an option for me since i cannot wash them here. not to mention that i don't know how to do laundry.

i have not worn one in my adult life (idk if i did when i was younger either) but nothing draws me to cloth. for those that like them, go for it. as for me, i will stick to my disposables for the time being.

I like 'em both. I think cloth diapers are much better for the lil' kid feel (you can get real lil' kid ones with prints, etc.) and for the absorbency. But dispsoables are so much more convenient :huh: I always liked the pre-fold diaper-service diapers with the Gerber pants. SOOO comfortable :P . Babykins are my favorites these days with the nylon pant. But I tend to not wet as much in cloth and just wear them dry for the feeling of being diapered.

I grew up liking those Luvs with the baby prints for boys and girls. I thought it was soo cool that they put extra absorbancy in the girl or boy part areas and you can't go wrong with the cute prints. Boy prints for me though. I like being a lil' boy.... so when's Bambino gonna come out with boy or girl diapers? :)

I am strictly a cloth diaper baby. My mom started me out in cloth and I am staying with it. I love the bulk and the warmth when I wet my diapers. I am fotunate to be able to wear the exact same Gerber cloth baby diapers that the little babies wear -- could never do that with disposables!