LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Good Diapers Needed

So I'm leaking way too much these days. Let me give you a visual:

I'm at the bar with mommy and I'm doubled up (tena classic plus slit with another over the top) and by the time we left (had only been there an hour or so) my entire bottom and most of the back of my jeans were soaked, much my chagrin.

So I'm thinking I need to get different diapers. I like the Tena disposables, they're comfy and pretty absorbent, but I'm soaking them too much, even when NOT drinking.

Should I just move to cloth and plastic? It's a viable option at home and in a few places, but not everywhere. Discretion is key. I've used the Tena Supers before, but I hate green, and they bunch too much, even when dry.

Cost is also a factor: The classic plus' are about .52/diaper here in FL, as opposed to ~.83/per back home in the NW. I've compared the x plus from securepersonalcare.com and it's more expensive for only half a case, 48 diapers. I'm looking to stay under a buck a brief AND get good absorbency.

Any suggestions?

I would go with the cloth and a stuffer, with good plastic pants, don't get cheepie plastic pants, go for the good stuff makes a world of difference, then you can vary the thickeness, with the amount of stuffers you use, you can use cloth stuffers or store bought guards, I like the cloth myself.

With a disposeable, only that little bit of padding absorbs, urine, but with a cloth the whole diaper will get wet before it leaks, when I take my cloth diaper off the whole diaper is wet, and there no sign of leaks, and I'm a very heavy wetter, I take meds that keep my drinking all day long, I must go thru a gallon or more, or liquids during the day, and I take liquids to bed at night just to have it near me for a drink, if I should wake up.

I suggest snappy pants for day and pull-on for the night, because the snappys will leak if you roll on your side, the snappys clean up faster, and dry faster, and you dont have to remove everything to do a change with the snappys..good luck..B

Pick up some Depend Boost Pads. they are small pads that fit into your brief (it doesn't have to be a depend brief) and they add tremendous absorbency to the diaper. They come in packs of 20 and cost 5 or six dollars a pack. Well worth the price. they work great and will eliminate your leaking problems!

Pick up some Depend Boost Pads. they are small pads that fit into your brief (it doesn't have to be a depend brief) and they add tremendous absorbency to the diaper. They come in packs of 20 and cost 5 or six dollars a pack. Well worth the price. they work great and will eliminate your leaking problems!

Yep, Boost pads are great, though they make m wonder why something so small can be more absorbent than their diapers :)

Here is my take on the situation. If you are double diapered and still leak so bad your butt is soaked within an hour or two, then I don't believe there is a different diaper that will make much of a difference. Maybe with a boost pad or diaper doubler or different brand of diaper like Abena X-plus you might go a little longer but if you were as soaked as you say, I think anything will leak. Perhaps you are just drinking too much (beer?) and it's going right through you. It's worth a try to switch to a different brand of diaper, use doublers or try cloth but from what you discribed, I still think you will be needing multipul diaper changes within short periods of time to keep your pants dry. And is that such a bad thing when you have someone to change your diapers for you?

I didn't really want to mess with doublers, and they run up the cost per brief. So my catch 22 is that I can stay with the Tenas and change more often and pay less for them; or I can move to something thicker and plasticky like the XP and pay more than a dollar per brief and change maybe half as often. Plus, the waste, and constant orderings of diapers can get more tedious than the diaper changes altogether. It's not that mommy minds changing me, I am more concerned with how much more of a big deal it gets. So I'm thinking for better absorbency and cost, I'm gonna make the switch to cloth diapers. (and mama says they'd be easier for her to put on me, she hasn't quite got the hang of taping me up correctly *giggles*)

I've checked out babiesrus, but they don't seem to have large enough cloth diapers to fit my svelte 31 figure. I'd love to go with the Altogether Co diapers they have on Amazon, but it's something ridiculous like 15/per diaper!

Who's got some suggestions for good cloth and plastic? I know I want the birdseye cotton -- those look exactly like what was used on me 20 years ago.

Who's had good experience with the cotton trainers? Are the pullup ones reliable? worth the cost?

• 2 weeks later...

If your going to go cloth, I will worn you right now that your going to see a good hefty chunk of change spent at the begining. Cloth diapers are not cheap, but thay do last a rather long time. Babylove, or whatever thay are calling themselves now, have a rather nice diapering system thay use, but the cloth diapers are like 35 bucks a pop. Thay do have stuffers, and decent plastic pants avaialbe too. Do a search for Adult Cloth diaper on ebay or just on google, and look through what you see. It may take several diferent trys to find a cloth diaper your happy with. Also, remember, with cloth, its ok to get thin diapers. Its a lot easyer to double them up, or more if you so desire.

Plastic pants can also get expensive. Remember, most of the rubber and plastics degrade over time, so you need to replace them every now and again. I would sudjest trying some of the japanese style diaper covers, I find them good, efective, and plesent to wear.

• 1 month later...