LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

The Difference Between Bambino And Secure X-plus

What are the differences between these two diapers? From what I understand they are manufactured by the same company so do they both have the same amount of absorbency? Which one holds up better or longer and can hold more? Which one is also better for wetting while laying down? I am pretty much just trying to find out the pros and cons of each one so that I can make a buying decision on which one I would like to order.

Both these diaper companies offer a trial order pack or sample if you will. Spend the few dollars and be the judge for yourself. Peoples opinions should be taken lightly now aday. I've tried both and I feelthe bambino are better. They are both very good though.

What are the differences between these two diapers?

The tape zone is the most obvious difference. Also, the Bambino's waistband is elasticated front and back whereas the Secure X-Plus is only elasticated at the back. Bambino has no wetness indicator and they say it has a higher absorbency. I don't have any Secure X-Pluses left to compare their thirstiness side-by-side, though.

I am in a very wet Bambino diaper right now! I do think they are more absorbent than the Secure X-Plus, but the Secure X-Plus are still very absorbent and very comfortable. I also think that the Bambino's are a tad thicker. The Secure X-Plus have a "blue" lining down the middle of the inside of the diaper, whereas the Bambino's are all white inside.

Wouldn't suprise me if they are made in the same factory in China. May not be the same company distributing them here....

Regardless....how crinkly are they? Secure X-Plus aren't very cinkly at all! I want a CRINKLY diaper!

Good question. I was wondering the same thing myself. I just ordered a case of secure-Xplus and was thinking about ordering a case of bambinos as well. Aside from being $10 more per case, I would hope the bambinos would be just as functional/reliable. And yes, I would pay $10 more per case to have 'baby' printed on the front of my diaper.

Guest Bambino Diapers

Hello dear friends,

:)

Sorry for the silence - we've been busy lately, hatching the latest and greatest ideas and products.... And finally I have a sec to take a break and respond, which I've been wanting to do for some time now.

First things first: we're talking about great diapers. Whether you take a look at the Abena Abri-Form X-Plus (an excellent diaper that we based our Bambinos on, originally), or the Secure X-Plus (thanks, by the way, for not calling it the Secure 'Care' X-Plus - every time I see that I cringe!), or, of course, our incredible, unbelievable and amazing Bambinos (yay for Bambino Diapers!) -- we're talking about great quality and interesting differences.

If you want to discuss differences in all of these products, take a look at the Just Diapers forum postings and the Diaper Reviews pages. They are really resourceful, and I can't tell you how great it is that we can turn prospective customers to these resources, since YOUR experiences are what people truly care about! Take a gander there and see the many differences amongst our products, since there are LOTS. The Bambinos aren't just an Abena or a Secure X-Plus with a fancy sticker, as our thousands of happy customers will attest. And, to answer a question posed in another thread, no, we haven't changed our design or composition of the diaper since day one.... I'll get to that thread soon, but rest assured the Bambinos have not -- and will not (unless we tell you ahead of time!) -- change(d).

With regards to our parent company, The Bottom Half Group, LLC, I can tell you this: I know the folks over at SecurePersonalCare.com (and their parent company, Secure Personal Care Products, LLC), and we've taken a lot of cues from them (and given them a few of our own). But, at the end of the day, we're two separate businesses with two separate business models, ideas, product lines, etc. We simply share some distribution resources to keep our own costs down, and that's about it. But as far as Uncle Sam and the State of California go, they're getting two tax checks each from these two entities, not one. ;-)

I hope this helps - as always, please feel free to leave us comments, feedback, ideas, and more!

Thanks!

Bambino :)

www.bambinodiapers.com

So are you saying that your products are not manufactured by the same factory in China? I don't doubt you are 2 different legal entities, but these 2 diapers just have so many identical features that it would be hard to believe that they aren't made by the same factory....(there is nothing wrong with that!)

Anyone that has used a Secure X-Plus and a Bambino won't deny that they were designed and are manufactured by the same people. Could Bambino "switch" and have another company design and produce their diapers? Sure... it's a diaper, not a car.

I don't think Bambino Diapers is willing to say that they are using Secure Care's designs, simply because that could cause Secure Care problems. As long as Secure Care doesn't have to admit that they are mass-producing diapers-for-people-that-like-to-wear-diapers (and whole-selling them to Bambino), they aren't going to catch bad press. Everyone knows the kind of press coverage I'm talking about... so it makes sense for Bambino to be vague. We know what they mean.

What I do hope is that Bambino Diapers does reply to the massively-long Bambino thread, and addresses the recent changes that many are reporting (and disliking) about newer batches of Bambino diapers.

• 2 weeks later...

There is NO way Secure Care and Bambino are made by the same people. Secure tends to have poor quality control, and recently changed their products completely by switching from Tiwan to China.

While I can see that Secure and Bambino may talk to each other, and may even share a few resources (like they just said), I can tell you right now the products' quality is too far different for them to be the same company.

Besides, if they were, we'd see Bambio like diaeprs that had a "Secure X-Plus" tape zone with the same absorbency. I'm sure plenty of just plain incontinent people would be appreciative of Bambino's superior fit and absorbency, and I'm sure both companies are aware of incontinent people's need for absorbency.

BTW, I'm thrilled that a company is aware that absorbency is just as important to me, an AB.

• 1 month later...

Why do you assume they're made in china? There is no evidence to suggest this. In fact, if you go to XPmedical.com, you can see a virtual tour of the abena factory (where the x-plus is made), it's in Denmark. As far as Bambino is concerned, I couldn't say where the production takes place but I don't see any reason to assume that diaper production in general is being outsourced to china.