LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Which Diaper Should I Try Next?

I go through my diapers slowly, as I'm 1) not incontinent and 2) I live at home and still have to hide them, thus extremely limiting my times to wear (well, that and just being busy with work or other things). It also means I can only keep (easily) one package of diapers at a time.

I still have quite a few Attends (which I like pretty well, btw. My first batch are the "current" ones with three tapes, and I really dug them even though I got one size too small because my only comparison before that were Depend! My second batch (that I'm going through now) is the reproduced 'classic' that I'm told isn't REALLY the classics. Even still, I like these a lot too) to get through before I can buy a new package of diapers, but I wanted to get a head start on deciding what to try next.

I've tried:

Depend overnight briefs (my first non-baby diapers!)

Depend adjustable underwear (aka their pull-ups)

Goodnites (fun to feel more kiddish while wearing, but I'm just too big and these things nearly cut off all blood to my legs and had to be thrown out after a few pairs :-p )

Attends (current)

Attends (false classics)

I was thinking next of trying Molicare or Abri-Form/Abena as my next diaper. Could some of you who've used one or all of these before give me the pros/cons of each? I'm looking at:

Plastic vs "cloth" outer cover (I prefer plastic, but am open to both)

How they are put on (belt or tapes [how many tapes])

Color(s) (I prefer white but am open to others)

Thickness in the crotch/between the legs (leaning towards wanting more)

Thickness in the butt (a favorite)

How easy they are to get a good snug fit (as long as I can achieve a solid fit without a major struggle, I'm good lol)

Aborbancy. (not a huge issue since I rarely wet/mess these days, but all the same it'd be good if it could take at least one solid load of both)

I know there are websites/web pages that go into this, and I'll check them out too, but I was hoping for some personal breakdowns from this community.

I'm interested in seeing what it's like to wear a truly thick diaper to make me feel more toddler/babyish than I already do, so I suppose that'd be a tie-breaker between these. I'm hoping the thickest is also plastic, but I think that might not be the case.

If something other than those two (or with both brands aren't their multiple choices?) fits my bill, I'm interested in that too.

I'm 5'9 and about 230-240lbs with a 40 or 41" waist, so I'm assuming I'm looking at a large with whatever I get.

Thanks in advance! I'm excited about trying something new!

*edit* Would either one be thicker than Attends, by the way?

Of the diapers that i've tried, (Goodnites, Depends, CVS, Tena, Secure Care) I like Secure Care the best. SC's are thick, plastic covered, and extremely absorbant. Tena's are good too, but they are thinner and (in the US) have a cloth covering. Tena's are definitely the most discrete diaper that i've tried - if someone notices that you're wearing a Tena, they're looking too close. :P

I haven't tried Abri-Form or Molicare, but here are some pics comparing Abri-Form, Molicare and Secure Care X-Plus: http://www.dailydiapers.com/board/index.ph...ost&p=57016

Anyway, if you're looking at Molicare and Abri-Form, i'd recommend adding Secure Care to your list of diapers to try.

I suppose since you live at home getting diapers delivered to you online isn't possible without a curious package arriving. Your best bet would be to find a local medical store supplier within driving distance and checking out their selection. I have tried many diapers and I think Molicare and Abena x-plus are my favorite. A size large of either would fit you. Attends are nice but I don't much care for Depends, they are too thin and they don't hold much. ATN (all through the night) are good diapers, deceptively thin but hold quite a bit. If you could get diapers ordered to you via online I would suggest calling diaper manufacturers at 1800 numbers and asking for free samples. Many times this has allowed me to try various brands for free before buying a case.

I suppose since you live at home getting diapers delivered to you online isn't possible without a curious package arriving.

It's myself and my mother, who knows about my DL side. However, she doesn't like it and tolerates it as long as I keep it privately to myself (which is fine by me). So I can in fact order online and that's what I was planning on here. The only trick is requesting whomever I order from to ship discreetly (which I think most do if you specifically request it; at worst I'd have to pay a small fee).

If you could get diapers ordered to you via online I would suggest calling diaper manufacturers at 1800 numbers and asking for free samples. Many times this has allowed me to try various brands for free before buying a case.

That's an interesting idea. So theoretically I could call Molicare and Abri-Form and get a free sample? Do you think I could get those sent discreetly? If so, I'll probably try that.

Secure also has sampel packs, get there X plus, www.securepersonalcare.com, I love the way the fit and they hold quite abit without leaking, you have to figure out your size, I got X-large sampels, and loved them, and got a few packs of medium, of an individual, who was too large to fit in them, the next time I will try a pack of large, just to get the feel, I like a High fitting diaper myself, but buying larger than you need sometimes will come back to bite you, because no matter what you do, they don't fit good enough to stop leaks, in my experience.

You have to try alot of different diapers, and sizes, untill you find the right diaper for you, just because you fit in one companys medium, it dosen't mean all mediums fit the same way, they cut the diapes to try to accomadate, everyone, that means the people with big asses, and people like me with hardly any ass at all, I fit in some real well, like goodnights, love them but they don't hold that much.

The best all round diaper I have found so far is, the secure X plus, add a stuffer, and I 'm good for 9 hours, with plastic pants just incase, thats another thing about them the tapes don't let go even withplastic pants, like the others do. Good luck and I hope you find " your diaper ", keep looking till you find the one you like the best

Well no I dont think you could call the Abena or Molicare manufacturers for samples because they are made in Europe, unless of course you lived in Europe. I live in Canada and I have gotten some molicare samples and Abena samples delivered to me. Browse diaper suppliers online and find contact numbers, wherever you live I am certain you can find a company that supplies these two and is willing to offer a sample. Where do you live anyway? American or Canadian or what?

Well no I dont think you could call the Abena or Molicare manufacturers for samples because they are made in Europe, unless of course you lived in Europe. I live in Canada and I have gotten some molicare samples and Abena samples delivered to me. Browse diaper suppliers online and find contact numbers, wherever you live I am certain you can find a company that supplies these two and is willing to offer a sample. Where do you live anyway? American or Canadian or what?

I live in the USA.

I would recommend the Tranquility ATN.

2 tapes per side, Plastic backed, peachmat inner.

They are a very absorbant diaper and have a nice feel for me.

http://www.dkcusa.com/ Is an Indiana based Medical Supply Store in Indianapolis

They are very helpful and don't give you the "Evil Eye" or "Tone" of voice when dealing with coustomers.

They have samples of many sizes and types of diapers,pullups,soaker pads, ect.

They have a cute little showroom and have a very quality staff who are willing to help.

And if you want a thick feeling? An ATN with a Tranquility Contour pad inside.<Contour is their largest booster pad> Very thick from the start, and when wet....... They swell to amazing size.

:fish_h4h:

Actually looking at the figures taking mediums pricing as a example:

Attends are $68.00 a case (88) with a equivalent amount of Boosters add at least $30 so that's $98.00

Molicares are $68.00 a case, with 2 more bags at $34 to equal (close) the amount(84) . That's $102.00

Not enough savings for for me, I'd rather have the Porsche than a Taurus, with a Tempo as a back up. :P

Now if you go to my size, a small. Which they don't make a Attends 10 waistband. Then it's easy to see the cost savings at $20 dollars cheaper a case for Molicares than the Mediums.

No thanks, I've used the Boosters and even then they can't handle the volume that a Molicare can. I wear 24/7 and Molicares are my choice for reliability and peace of mind.

You don't seemed to have tried CVS Overnight's yet :) a really cheap and easy one to try. I know many critics of them, but I still find em very good for the price - and if doubled up - will last ages.

Triple tabs, e-waistband and leak guards make em a cheap fun choice.

Add a Depends boost for added thickness if wanted.

Enjoy.

DP