LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Keeping Tapes From Ripping

I stopped wearing for awhile, and I've recently started back, and I cant seem to get the diaper snug enough w/o ripping the tapes off. How can I get a snug fit w/o this happening? HELP!

I can't phatom which your talking about. If your talking about ripping the plastic to which they are stuck your taping to tight, but if they are ripping from their mount, then you are taping them to tight and you need better diapers..anyway with all joking aside :P ]

Try taping over the factory tapes with another tape of various brand packing tape works pretty well. a 4 or 5 Inch length should cure the problem. Hope that helped.

OMG I found this out the other day!. Use a LOW HEAT! hot glue gun and just glue the tapes on. I know it is a lot of work but they will stay on as tight as you want them! : )

I wonder if you're using a diaper that's too big or too small?

If you're having to pull it so tight around you that it rips the tapes off their mountings, the size is wrong. Diapers aren't meant to be tight, they should just fit comfortably with the tapes attached on each side somewhere around about halfway between your hip and your bellybutton.

white duck tape. it not only sticks to the diaper but if you use a lot you will have a hard time getting the diaper off with out distorying it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tried the "duck" tape brand at Walmart. It stuck, but not as good as I'd like it to, so I went

with 3M packaging tape. It seems to hold better to almost any type of plastic backed diaper.

It costs more than the cheapo "duck" tape, but I wanted a secure diaper (and I do like my disposables tight).

I bought a bag of Tranquility ATN a couple years ago and it didn't matter how careful I was, whenever I tried to tape them on the tapes pulled off the mounts on the back of the diaper. I hardly pulled on them at all, so after the third diaper I figured it was either a defective batch or else a very poor design flaw. I have not used Tranquility ATN's since that first package but I remember years and years ago when I used to buy regular Tranquility adult diapers and never had any problems with the tapes at all. I did get a roll of white duct tape to use on the remainder of the bage of ATN's. I like duct tape better than packing tape for a couple reasons. It sticks very well but it is not as stiff as packing tape. Duct tape has a tendency to flex and bend with the diaper as you sit or stand and that makes it more comfortable to me than plastic packing tape.

Dude, just go to your nearest staples (because office depot sucks) and buy some super glue, it's cheaper than duck tape, it holds better, looks more natural, and takes around the same amount of time to apply as duck tape...just don't get any on your fingers or you will have very hard fingers for a few days. Super glue is also great if you want to introduce a temporary callus to any part of your body if you intend to handle boxes or perform actions that would tear up your skin. An amazing fact, super glue was actually made to close minor cuts in hospitals instead of stitches.

But yea, super glue solved the problem I was having with the abena tapes comming undone which I'm sure I'm not the only one with that pesky problem.