LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

What Makes The Best Diaper?

Cloth:

Day-Time: Multiple layer diaper that is no thicker than a pull-up and can easily be seperated for cleaning with a seperate cover.

Night-Time: Multiple layer thick diaper that has the same thickness at the hips as in the crotch, but thinner in the rear.

Disposable:

DayTime: Diaper that is thin, absorbant (similar to pampers) but can go on easy while standing up (ie with an string that would tie the rear over the front to hold the diaper while one fixes the tapes/velcro.

Most adult diapers are designed in the same way as a baby diaper - to be put on by a career in the same way a baby is diapered. This type is very difficult to fit if you are self diapering while standing in a public toilet etc, but easy while lying down. Even pull-ups are designed to be put on while not wearing garments below the waist. Tena Flex are the first to try and address this problem, but they are far from ideal. Other belted diapers are very bulky.

• 3 months later...

The best diaper is the one that works for you. This tends to be a matter of personal preference.

I prefer cloth diapers and plastic pants. They work for me. I grew up in cloth and that may have something to do with it. I am 50

The "Pampers Generation" tends to prefer disposables. Most of this group prefers a classic style plastic backed diaper. Disposables come in all shapes, sizes and materials. Take your pick.

The best disposable, that I have tried is the Abri Super with the Molicare Super running second. The Abri I bought from XP Medical. I dont remember where I got the Molicares. For me, the Molicares had tape issues.

Cloth:

Day-Time: Multiple layer diaper that is no thicker than a pull-up and can easily be seperated for cleaning with a seperate cover.

Night-Time: Multiple layer thick diaper that has the same thickness at the hips as in the crotch, but thinner in the rear.

Disposable:

DayTime: Diaper that is thin, absorbant (similar to pampers) but can go on easy while standing up (ie with an string that would tie the rear over the front to hold the diaper while one fixes the tapes/velcro.

Most adult diapers are designed in the same way as a baby diaper - to be put on by a career in the same way a baby is diapered. This type is very difficult to fit if you are self diapering while standing in a public toilet etc, but easy while lying down. Even pull-ups are designed to be put on while not wearing garments below the waist. Tena Flex are the first to try and address this problem, but they are far from ideal. Other belted diapers are very bulky.

The "Pampers Generation" tends to prefer disposables. Most of this group prefers a classic style plastic backed diaper.

Definitely.

White, Thick, Plastic & Crinkly is my preference. So I prefer taking a 3 Tape Attends and sticking an Abrena Maxi booster in it.

I use disposables, going to cloth is not going to happen.

Day time use:

Very absorbent in the middle, soft on the skin, doesn't clump up or break apart. (I'm active, and Abenas seem to be designed for folks in wheelchairs) Easy to change- pullups just don't work- taking off shoes and pants is a PITA. Current favorite is Molicare, the light uprple ones, whatever that is.

Night time:

Bulky is OK here- Abena is great.

No 1, Security as it must not drop around your ankles-OMG ! :badmood:

No 2, Comfortable at all times even when wet. :D

No 3, Must be as "leak proof" as it is possible to be so as to avoid any :blush:

No 4, Must be as "slim" and discrete as can be made! ;)

No 4, Silence is golden in certain situations. :roflmao:

No 5, Be affordable and readily available. :thumbsup:

No 6, Be "robust" enough to take whatever you throw into it :horse:

You must also have good tapes and just plain be happy with the product on its own. :drive1:

My two pennies worth anyway !

• 2 weeks later...