496 members have voted

1. 1. How many people have u toldd

• 0 - 2 People
    • 2 - 5 People
    • 5 - 10 People
    • 10 - 20 People
    • 20 - 30 People
    • 30 Plus

I haven't told anybody for 24 years, thinking everybody would laugh at me and think I'm crazy. Now, I've been telling people I trust, give or take 6. They've all been very understanding about it and don't think any less of me. It feels extremely liberating to come out of the diaper closet, for me. It feels like I have finally accepted who I am rather than trying to be somebody I'm not.

All my friends are very open minded though. I could never have a close minded person as a friend, both because I hate them and they hate me, as I'm fairly introverted and somewhat socially awkward. So I knew my friends would accept it.

• 2 months later...

I have told 2 people. The first was a boyfriend. At first I asked him to shave my private parts and he did, then I asked him to diaper me using his daughter's diapers (she was visiting her Mom for the weekend) He thought it was odd but he did it anyway. I spent the better part of the day in a diaper that day but he couldn't handle this side of me so he broke up with me shortly afterwards.

I kept my secret for many more years and after being married for 8 yrs, I finally confided in my husband. He said he was ok with it but eventually, he grew to dislike it too. Instead of risking our relationship, I resorted to just wearing while he was out of the house. may not be perfect but at least I get to wear when I need to.

As far as other people knowing about my diapers, I never told anyone else but I think my parents knew because my dad confided in me that my mother had been reading my diary which I kept in the same place as my diapers so you do the math. Mom never confronted me about it but I am sure she knows or knew when I still lived at home and since my Mom is a huge gossip, I am sure she told other people including my grandmother.

• Like 1

update!

finally told my girlfriend of nearly a year. her reaction: whatever makes me happy, she's ok with. she even didnt rule out wearing herself one day when we were talking about a diapered-day movie marathon! however, i wont make her do anything she isnt comfortable with. also she asked me why i didnt tell her earlier in the relationship, and seemed almost angry that i didnt lol. i told her that i've heard too many nagative stories on the forum and i wanted to tread carefully. she added that it'll take alot more than that to shoo her away; it's just part of who i am and she loves me for all that i am. also comparing it to the bdsm scene that has come to the forefront in recent years, saying the world is strange for not accepting/tolerating my fetish/lifestyle as much as others. i still havent worn around her yet, but i dont think it'll be a big thing if/when i do, i just want to introduce her into it a bit at a time.

so lucky lucky me! :D

• 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...

The only vanilla person I have ever told was my mom and that was because I had to. I was 18, completely new to computers and ABDL and I forgot to clear the browser history on her laptop. She found my diaperspace account and asked me about it. I was so flustered I couldn't even lie so I told her everything. She sat there in silence for a long time and then said finally "I'll always love and accept you but I don't really want to know about that. Please clear the history when you use my computer." That's the last we've ever spoken about it and frankly I'm glad. Super awkward.

Probably 30 plus. My immediate family knows, a few friends, a coworker now knows too. Plus, I've seen dozens of doctors and urologists over they years and I always disclose my incontinence to them since it's relevant.

• 10 months later...

Aside from the AB/DLs who know me, I've told two people - one family member and one partner. I generally limit it to partners.

However, I'm now incon and the circle of trust on that is going to have to expand just because of how difficult it is to be incon discreetly. I keep it discreet and I keep it secret, but ultimately if I can't deny it then I am not going to make a fuss about doing so.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

More than 3 less than 5 probably. My wife, whom I told before we got married, my best friend because I have known her since junior high, we dated for a bit in HS, she is probably the reason I am in to diapers, (a story for another time), and because she always suspected so I was honest when she finally asked about 5 years ago. An ex, but i didn't out right tell her I was a DL, more one of those, she was kinky so I suggested we try age play. It was awkward and she told her mom.

58 minutes ago, Tiny Tot said:

A total of 5 people in my life know. My Girlfriend who is also my Mommy, My Parents, and my Girlfriends Parents know of our lifestyle within our relationship together.

I definitely would not be comfortable with my parents or my wife's parents knowing about this lol

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Babyqtboy said:

I definitely would not be comfortable with my parents or my wife's parents knowing about this lol

I can understand that, but they would suspect a lot because they all have been over my girlfriends home plenty of times to visit and have seen the toys and even my baby room so it is almost impossible keeping it from them. They don't really say much about the lifestyle we elect to keep, but I think because we are both adults they don't make a big issue about it either.

8 minutes ago, Tiny Tot said:

I can understand that, but they would suspect a lot because they all have been over my girlfriends home plenty of times to visit and have seen the toys and even my baby room so it is almost impossible keeping it from them. They don't really say much about the lifestyle we elect to keep, but I think because we are both adults they don't make a big issue about it either.

4 hours ago, Tiny Tot said:

It is great. I was pretty young when I started noticing that I wasn't really interested in boys like my other girlfriends, I seemed more interested in them actually. I didn't actually act on it because I thought I was confused until a little later when I was 14 and had my first girlfriend. That is when I told my Mom and than Dad. I was really scared but they said the nicest thing to me that I will never forget. That I will always be loved by them because I am there little girl and if this choice makes me happy then it makes them happy as well. As for the AB thing they just keep quiet about that so I really am not quite sure, but I am 21 so it is out of there hands.

What great and understanding parents

I told an ex-girlfriend and my current wife.

I had a roommate who knew about them.

I told my therapist.

A long term friend who was also an AB sussed out my identity once.

There are a handful of others that know about it.

While I've shared with other AB/DL's, a vanilla person close to me recently underwent bladder surgery and in discussing that I told them of my own leakage issues and that I now wore diapers 24/7 to deal with that. I didn't go into the emotionally fulfilling aspects of it as there was no need to go there ;) After all my years of 24/7 wearing I'm pretty comfortable with it now.

Bettypooh