LL Medico Diapers and More Bambino Diapers - ABDL Diaper Store

Odor Control?

Hello,

Does anyone know of an option for (urine) odor control that is cheaper than a spray?

So far I have gotten away with just putting used products in an extra plastic bag and putting that in the trash. But this is imperfect at home and problematic at work, and will only gets worse as summer comes.

Is there a home-made solution that might be cheaper?

Thanks!

Matthew

So far I have gotten away with just putting used products in an extra plastic bag and putting that in the trash. But this is imperfect at home and problematic at work, and will only gets worse as summer comes.

Instead of putting them in a carrier bag, put them in a nappy/diaper sack. They come in packs of 50-100 and are quite cheap (£1, probably about $1 to $2). They should be near the baby diapers in any supermarket. Whilst they're designed for baby diapers, medium adult diapers normally just fit in with a bit of stretching. If you can't get it in the sack, just place it in as much as you can and tie it up in a supermarket bag as usual. Pull the knot tight to keep it airtight.

Diaper sacks have anti-odour stuff in them which stops even the worst smells getting out. If you then tie it up in a regular carrier bag as well, you get extra protection from both smell and being able to see what's inside it.

Hello,

Does anyone know of an option for (urine) odor control that is cheaper than a spray?

Is there a home-made solution that might be cheaper?

Thanks!

Matthew

The first step is to dilute the urine exiting the body, i.e. drink as much water as you can handle. This dilutes the urine and the smell. Cranberry juice and cranberry pills also help as do breath control capsules that contain sunflower seed oil and parsley extract (Breath Assure brand).

Specific odor control pills, called Nullo, also do the same thing. When urine is left exposed to air, bacteria that form on the urine that produce ammonia which is the unpleasant smell you get in an old diaper. Stick-ups (controlled release aroma products) stuck to the top of a diaper pail or trash can help, too.

Mo